Fifty Four: Kidnapped!

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 


  This is for you... I'm sorry I couldn't be there. I know you don't hear me anymore, but know that you'll always be in my heart. Thank you so much. Good night. I'll see you again. I'll miss you...   -Sehun’s POV-

It was the end of the week again and we were all sitting in for our final class of the day. It was the most relieving class of every single day since it meant the end of yet another school day, the picture of lesser school load as summer approached. I already wished for the longer duration of vacation with nothing to worry about. I’ve pictured in my mind where I would go for the vacation. Bali, Acapulco and Fiji presented themselves, but I was thinking of just one thing. I stared whimsically at the clean piece of paper in front of me, pretending to draw where I wanted to be the whole summer. I didn’t care what our English teacher was saying as I visualized the lone cedar by the driveway which was in the middle of the vast lawn that went on forever, the backyard garden, clean white sheets and the homey scent of the split-level room that lavender on one side and blue on the other. It wasn’t complete yet though.

I glanced at the person seated beside me. She was intently staring at her book, a crease between her browse disturbing her rather serene face. Her hair shone against the light like halo despite of its gleaming darkness while her eyes sparkled with life amidst their night-like appearance. Those delicate hands that possessed candle-like fingers clenched and opened in accordance to shifts in the expressions on her face as she listened to the lesson absorbedly. How I loved twining my fingers with hers. My eyes strayed to her luscious pair of supple lips. I knew just how they made me feel when they’re pressed against mine, the closest thing to heaven I could ever have – Kwon Aerin.

I leaned against my curved knuckle, watching her make those subtle movements on her seat when she leaned back on her chair and I saw the very thing that was hindering me from coveting the only thing I wanted in my life at the moment – Park Chan Yeol. I sigh escaped my mouth and it was like feeling for the first time what a big competition I had ahead of me. It was so aggravating how it had to be him. Had it been another person, I would have gone all out without any consideration, but with him, it was a different story altogether. I was just too fond of Chan Yeol hyung just like the others, maybe more than that. I’m probably as fond of him as I was with Aerin since he was they were the first people I trusted since coming to back Korea. It got all complicated because it was him.

I shifted my gaze back to Aerin, trying get my previous thoughts of my mind and concentrate on her when I saw her staring back at me. Far from how I looked at her, she was frantic. Her left eyebrow was arched as if she was signaling something I missed. I blinked slowly then I heard Mr. Kim’s sharp voice pierce my eardrums.

“OH SEHUN!”

I snapped back to reality and realized that Aerin was looking at me that way because I was being called for recitation. Darn it! I wasn’t paying attention to what he was saying, but I stood up just the same, keeping my equanimity. I placed a hand at the back of my neck. “I’m sorry, Kim sonsaeng-nim, but I didn’t catch the question.”

The teacher rolled his eyes at me. “This is a first, Sehun-ssi, but instead of answering the question, why don’t you share to us what you were daydreaming about?” He looked around. “What do you say class?”

No one answered him, of course, but I saw Aerin holding back laughter as she fixed her gaze on the table. Suho hyung was shaking his head at me while Chan Yeol hyung was just staring emotionlessly. I smirked. Laughing at me now, huh? I brought back my gaze to our teacher who was waiting expectantly. “Very well,” I answered evenly.

“Well, what is it?”

The class snickered.

I thought of what to say and decided to come clean about it. “I was visualizing the love of my life.” Take that!

Everyone almost did a double take when I said that. It was Mr. Kim’s turn to shake his head at me while Aerin tensed up on her seat, her ears turning red.

“Very romantic, Mr. Oh, and judging by how your seatmate is reacting to what you’ve just said, I guess it’s clear who you’re talking about,” our tease of a teacher said with a cheeky grin.

“E-eh?” Aerin squeaked, looking staggered.

“Yes, Miss Kwon, I’m talking about you.”

Her eyes widened and I had to grin at her. By the looks of it, she was ready to explode and it wouldn’t look good. Her fisted right hand was tightening while her other hand was loosening her tie. I was dead for sure once Mr. Kim turns his back. I glanced at Chan Yeol hyung who was smirking at me. I was about to throw my book at him just to wipe the smug look on his face when the speakers suddenly blared with the sound of feedback, making everyone cover their ears.

“Seriously, what’s wrong with the sound system?” Aerin hissed as she leaned away from the back side of the room, wincing.

“More like where’s the money going for the sound system?” Won Sang, the girl in front of us muttered. She was a part of the student council, the radical ones, if I wasn’t mistaken.

The voice of the president of the student council suddenly echoed from the speakers. “Is this on?”

Geez. I would have smacked him on the head if I was in the broadcasting room with him. He’s so stupid. I could already imagine Kai and Baekhyun hyung making fun of him.

“Yeah, it is,” Mr. Kim muttered, rolling his eyes as he sat down.

After another dramatic throat-clearing the dumb head of the student body began to deliver his message. “All junior and senior students, please report to the auditorium immediately after eight period. Thank you.”

“What is it now?” I muttered as I sat down.

Mr. Kim continued with our lesson and I tried to concentrate on it even after seeing Aerin’s uneasy disposition as she flipped pages through her book.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked her.

She just scowled at me then faced forward again.

The bell rang after a while, signaling the end of the class and she stood up abruptly from her seat, grabbing her stuff and went out of the room right after Mr. Kim left. The other student

Please log in to read the full chapter