Twenty Six: Delicate

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

I saw the boys off at around eleven in the evening and watched television till my eyes were drooping. I glanced at the wall clock. It was already one thirty in the morning. Those boys enjoyed playing some game I had installed in my tab that they forgot about the time. It was even a school night, not that it was a regular school day, but still. Aerin had retired to bed earlier that night before the boys left, claiming to be tired. Chan Yeol hyung even offered to walk her to the room as if it was a mile away. He was sporting that smug look on his face when he came back down. Ha! He could gloat all he wants with his little achievements with Aerin. He didn’t know that he wasn’t even halfway to where I was. Honestly, he was overdoing it.

I went over the doors and windows, making sure they were securely locked. Mrs. Kwon wouldn’t be home again. She’s only either home early or not home at all. She was overseas again, I guess. She had to run two companies at the same time so Aerin doesn’t rant about it. I guess she was used to it. I locked the front door and turned off all the lights then went up to the room, ready to get some Zs.

It was late and I felt like I was going to collapse on the floor, but I felt sticky all over so I went to shower, all the while smiling about Chan Yeol hyung’s reaction when he saw the couple shirts that Aerin and I were wearing. It was really worth it. While I was putting my plain, white shirt on, I heard Aerin speaking in a slightly muffled tone. I figured that she was just sleep-talking again since she was muttering unintelligible words, a couple of soft moans now and then and I could also hear her bed creaking underneath her as she tossed around it restlessly. I ignored her and jumped into bed when she started screaming.

“NO!” she said in between gasps. That got me to stand rod-stiff. I guess it’s one of her night terrors again. I usually just try to wake her up, but she sounded really afraid this time like her sleep disorder had turned for the worse. I quickly got up the stairs and sat beside her thrashing form.

“Aerin-ah!” I called, panic surging when I saw tears glistening on her cheeks.

She continued flailing her arms and legs around, pushing me away with each attempt I make to calm her down. “Stay away! Please…No!” she screamed in fragments, almost breathless, her features contorted into that of fear and anger.

It was really worse than the usual so I seized her shoulders, shaking her awake. “Hey! Calm down. You’re dreaming.”

Still, she continued thrashing around like a restrained beast. There was nothing I could do but to hold her against me until she stopped. I was about to pull away from her and about it when I felt her arms snaking their way around my neck. She then buried her face on my shoulders, sobbing. Seeing her that way made me feel worse.

I held her like that for a while, rubbing her back with my hand. “It’s okay. I’m here, alright?”

She pulled away shakily. “I’m scared,” she whispered, her eyes puffy as more tears came falling down from it. I looked at her closely, wiping them away with my hand. Even in the dark, I could see how frightened she was as tremors rocked her body. She was starting to scare me.

“What is it you’re afraid of?” I asked cautiously when she managed to calm down a bit.

She shook her head as she stared blankly at the floor. “I don’t know,” she answered, her voice cracking. More tears kept falling from her eyes as if she had just realized something very dreadful. “I…I couldn’t see them.”

I pulled her closer, enveloping her in an embrace. Just hearing her talk about it seared through me as if I’ve seen it myself. “It’s just a dream,” I told her. I stood up from the bed. “Would you like some water?”

Aerin ran her hand through her hair then shook her head. “No, thank you.” She managed a half-smile through her tears. “I’m sorry for disturbing you.”

I reached over and ruffled her hair. “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” I turned around to go back to bed. “Go to sleep.” I was about to walk away when I felt her grab my hand. When I looked at her, I saw that look on her face that I’ve never had a glimpse of before – desperation. I’ve always wanted to see how it would be like once she gets all desperate since she carried herself confidently as if she didn’t need anybody’s help at all. I wasn’t expecting to see it that moment though. It was heart-wrenching and endearing at the same time. It’s like I never wanted to take my eyes off of her again.

Aish! Stop looking at her like that!

She stared up at me then diverted her gaze. After a while, she looked up at me again then said, “Stay…”
 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

My eyes flew open and I was immediately blinded by the rays of the sun that flooded my room. I shut my eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter