Fifty Nine: I Need You

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A/N: Hello guys! Updated again. Anyway, to all the Jong In lovers out there, I've got a one shot for you. It's called "Only One". Do check it out. Thanks!

 

-Aerin’s POV-

 I felt tension the moment the cab we were in turned the last curve to our block. I glanced at Sehun who was sound asleep beside me. I reached out and touched his forehead. His temperature as far as I know and I hope he wouldn’t end up getting sick the whole week. I rolled my eyes when I saw the driver eyeing us through the rearview mirror. He immediately diverted his gaze when he saw me looking back at him and proceeded with driving.

“Sehun-ah?” I shook him lightly. He stirred and opened just one eye to look at me. “We’re here.”

He nodded and faced the window until the cab pulled over. He stiffened on his seat as I was paying for our fare. I frowned, but I didn’t attempt to press on the matter. I got out and he quickly did do, too, running around the cab to get our luggage. I shut the door and followed him there.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I demanded.

“Getting our bags,” he answered blankly. He picked up the heaviest one, but I took it from him. He took the lighter ones and placed it on the sidewalk just before the lawn.

“You should rest. Let’s get you inside,” I told him, but he stopped right where was and looked straight at the house. “Sehun, come on –” I followed the direction of his gaze and saw the guys waiting at the doorstep. I lightened up immediately as Suho oppa came to meet us.

His eyes were narrowed and he had a suspicious look about his face. “Well, what do we have here?” he said.

As if I saw a rerun of what had been going through Sehun’s head, I’ve figured out what had been happening. I didn’t bother asking since I didn’t think it mattered, but judging by the looks on their faces, they were quite worried since they didn’t know where on earth we were. They probably did, but it was too late to think about it now.

I was excited to see them since I’ve honestly missed them, too. I’ve even bought them some trinkets from Macau. “Oppa~!” I said, sprinting halfway towards him as I dropped the luggage I was holding. I threw my arms around him and he hugged me back. I was only gone for five days, but I felt the need to stop the tension from rising especially when I saw Chan Yeol eyeing Sehun in disdain.

“Hey,” Suho oppa said, patting my head when I pulled back.

“Hi!”

Automatically, I was whisked away by Baekhyun and D.O. who were bugging me to address them the way I addressed Suho oppa. Geez. What’s with them and that word anyway? Only Kai was sane enough to just wave at me, but I felt like I’ve swallowed whole ice cubes when I noticed that Chan Yeol didn’t even look at me. What the hell? Was he that mad at Sehun for taking me to China? Does he even know why went to China? Sheesh. I didn’t want to think about it anymore. I guess he’s figured it all out. They were both scheming and they knew it. They just did.

“How’s China?” Baekhyun asked me loudly as he helped me carry my bags to the house.

They knew. “Great.”

“Just great?” D.O. asked, joining us.

I nodded. “I had fun and I met Lu Han oppa.”

“You met Lu Han hyung?” Kai asked, incredulous. “And you’re on that basis?”

“What basis?”

“You called him ‘oppa’!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

I chuckled. “Of course, silly. We were friends before you even knew of his existence.”

“BWOH?” they chorused.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m friends with him since I was eight.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” I walked ahead of them. “Let’s go in. I bought stuff for you guys.” I stopped in front of Chan Yeol, letting the others go ahead. “Key’s under the pot.”

Chan Yeol looked at me then, wrenching his gaze away from Sehun.

“Hello,” I began. “You’ve gone catatonic. Did you miss Sehun that much?”

He shrugged. “So you just planned to skip to China all of a sudden?” I heard a pang of pain in his tone, but I pretended not to notice it.

“Not exactly.” I winked at him and took his hand, leading him to the house, but he took his hand away. “What?”

He ran his hand through his hair. “Do you know how worried I was –”

“Listen, Chan Yeol. I’m sorry. It was my mother’s idea to give me a break and it just so happens that –”

“God, Aerin, just tell him already!” Sehun interrupted me. I didn’t notice that he joined us already.

“Tell me what?” Chan Yeol demanded, eyeing him sourly.

! I’m tired. I didn’t want to deal with this. I didn’t speak. I just couldn’t. I don’t know what kind of statement I should dish out since both of them were irrationally angry at each other.

“So you’re not going to tell him?” Sehun challenged me.

I merely eyed him expressionlessly. I looked at Chan Yeol. I didn’t have anything to be sorry for anyway since it was his idea to take me all the way to China for an extended weekend. I’m only sorry for having to lie to Chan Yeol. I was trying to cover things up for him just so there wouldn’t be any trouble. He was beginning to get sick and I was tired and he still had time to create a mess.

“Fine!” I began. “I was lying,” I said to Chan Yeol. The warm irises of his eyes constricted, but I ignored even that. I shifted my gaze to Sehun. “Happy?”

“You should have –”

I raised a hand at him, keeping my equanimity. I wasn’t going to lose it in front of them. “I don’t want to hear it, okay?” I flashed him a pleading look and hopefully he got what I meant. “I’m sorry, Chan Yeol. I just…” I sighed. “I didn’t want trouble. I’m sorry if I lied to you again. I won’t blame you if you’re upset or mad. I’m just tired and I thought of making things easier for everyone.” I turned towards the door, flashing Suho oppa an apologetic look then I paused. “Sehun-ah, please tell Chan Yeol what he should know. Do what you want. I don’t care what your intention is, but –”

“Okay. I’ll say it.” Sehun faced Chan Yeol. “I was the one who took her there. Ahjumma doesn’t have anything to do with it. Is everything clear now? I took her away from you for what, an extra three days? And now you’re mad? What are you, her dad?”

I glared at him while Chan Yeol froze.

“So I’m to blame again?!” he growled.

“I didn’t say that,”

“You’re not saying, but that’s definitely what that look on your face means. Damn it, when will you stop contradicting me? When are you actually going to see that I’m right, too?”

That was the last straw. It’s precisely why I hated being too tired. I’ve always had a short temper and that was kept to a minimum since I met them, but now, it seems like it’s going to resurface. “I’m tired okay? I just didn’t want to…screw this…Why am I even explaining myself to you? This doesn’t make sense at all.” I raised my hands in defeat the spun on my heel. I winked at oppa. “I’ll see you around.” I marched up to the house, passing by the other boys.

“Aerin-ah?” Kai called.

“I’m fine, Kai. Please get your presents. It’s in the brown bag in the luggage and you’re all welcome. Make yourselves at home.” I said without pause and went into my mother’s room and locked the door. I’m exhausted.

***

 

It’s Friday. I should be happy, but I’m not. I guess I wouldn’t be for a while. I feel so depressed that I got detention the previous day for not paying attention to half of my classes. I forgot about a ton of homework and thus the consequences. I was regressing to my old self. I could feel it. Suddenly, I just longed for my father. He would know just what to say. Maybe I wouldn’t have become like this if things were the way they were before that day in Spain. If I hadn’t passed the entrance exam to high school then maybe we wouldn’t have gone there and things would have turned out differently.

I sighed as I made me way into the auditorium for yet another announcement. I guess it had something to do with the sports fest. I literally trudged like a zombie right after escaping from my eighth period. I didn’t really care about it since I wouldn’t be joining any of the events. As I made turned to the intersecting hallway, I saw one of my classmates in Biology with her boyfriend. They were cooing and giggling to each other. Before I could make a face out of the utter sappiness they were making, I passed by as quickly as I could. When I glanced back, I figured that they didn’t even notice me. They noticed nothing.

I shook my head, getting rid of the mental image they’ve created in my head. I found myself irked. If I ended up with one Sehun and Chan Yeol then that’s a possibility of what it would be like. I didn’t like it one bit. It’s like they’ve forgotten about who they were, not just love-drunk, but love-drugged, trapped in a world of their own creation. I was glad I’ve never come to that point in my life.

“What are you sour-facing for?” I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw Suho oppa. I felt relieved to see him there. He was just the person I needed. “Are you going to the auditorium?” I asked him.

“What do you think?” He winked at me.

I shook my head. Sarcasm. “Good.” I linked arms with him and pulled him with me.

“Aerin-ah, you’re starting to scare me again,” he said, looking worried.

“Scare you? I’m fine.” I chuckled.

He sighed. “Yes. Your scheming streak is showing up again and you should know that –”

I interrupted him, pausing a bit. “I know. My plans always backfire, but

Please log in to read the full chapter