Sixty Four: Forgiveness Halts Misery

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Hello~! I've had a poster made for the fic. I'm sorry it's this late. I have yumikiiro to thank for this. Speedy and cute poster. I love it~! Thank you so much chinggu~!

 

-Aerin’s POV-

Familiar. Everything that met my eyes the moment it flew open was just that – the walls, the scent of the sheets. They all reminded me of Chan Yeol. I turned to my right and saw the eastern glass walls. Shady willows swayed with the wind like they had a life of their own, filtering the blistering sun outside. I blinked and got up only to be met by that tall figure sitting at the foot of the bed, eyeing me intensely yet with a gentle touch to it.

“Good morning,” he greeted quietly.

I smiled apologetically at him. “Good morning.” I took the sheet off of me and tidied up. “What am I doing here?”

“Kai called me and you were asleep so I took you back home.”

I nodded. “Thank you.”

“You want breakfast?” he asked.

I shook my head. “It’s more than enough that you took me here. I’m fine, Chan Yeol.” I stood up in front of him. “I’m sorry.”

He patted my head. “Don’t be.”

“It’s only for last night. I’m going to check in to an inn after I make reservations.”

He shook his head at me. “You don’t have to do that.”

“I can’t go home and…” I sighed. “I can’t stay here. That’s asking for too much. I’m about to ask you another thing.”

He tensed up. “And that is?”

I grinned at him. “Can I use your bathroom?”

He rolled his eyes. “How many times have you been here already?”

I tapped his shoulder and went there to get changed, rummaging through my duffel bag at the corner of the room before going for a shower. I went into without looking back and closed the door. I felt really bad. That fight I had with Sehun was like drinking to a stupor and getting a terrible hangover the next day. I felt as miserable as that. I still couldn’t figure out what set him off. It was just an invitation to the dance. It’s not a big deal. Besides, he was being too possessive. I haven’t even chosen yet, but still, I couldn’t blame him. Maybe he was about to ask me, but like I said, I wasn’t going to wait for him to decide before I make my move. That’s just wrong.

I stepped beneath the shower and the water, feeling the first warm droplets hit my skin. It was refreshing.

“I’m making breakfast,” I heard Chan Yeol say from the room.

“Yeah,” I answered and continued showering as his footsteps faded to the below stairs. He was so good to me. I knew that he wouldn’t think that I was just coming to him when I needed him, but I still wanted to prove that I’m not doing that. Still, he came for me like he always does. I knew how Sehun could get at times. The situation the previous night was not enough grounds for me to say that I was choosing Chan Yeol. It wasn’t fair. It was getting harder and harder for me to decide.

I stepped out of the shower and changed into my slightly wrinkled uniform. All along, I was wondering how things would turn out for the day. I honestly didn’t want to go to school. I just didn’t want to see him yet after all that he told me. He actually accused me of taking everyone for granted. That statement hasn’t sunk in yet. I couldn’t accept it especially that it came from him. He was one of the most important people in my life and I couldn’t believe he felt that way. Maybe I was and I just couldn’t see it.

I sighed and slipped into my shoes. Right after that, I went to the kitchen where Chan Yeol was already seated. “You shouldn’t have,” I told him with a smile.

“Nonsense. You should eat.” He met me halfway and led me to the counter.

I tiptoed and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Thanks.” I rounded the counter and sat across him. I picked up the toast and bit into it.

“So do you want to tell me what happened?” he asked me.

I didn’t want him to know that the reason why Sehun and I fought was because he heard me agree to his invitation to the dance. It was a trivial part of the story yet it was the root. I blinked slowly, trying to consider my words. “It doesn’t matter,” I answered.

He frowned a bit. “Then why are you so down?”

“Me?”

“Yeah.”

I chuckled to cover up my sour mood. “No, I’m not. I’m just tired from all the riding last night.”

He smiled softly as he stared down at his food. “Why those rings underneath your eyes then?” He reached over and lightly glided his finger on the spot he was referring to.

I frowned. “I slept well. Don’t worry.”

He shook his head. “I watched you sleep. You didn’t wake a single time, but you definitely looked bothered.”

I pretended not to know what he was talking about. “Really?” I chuckled, trying to divert the course of the conversation. “Why were you watching me? I didn’t drool or snore, did I?”

He laughed. “I watched you because you’re beautiful even when you’re asleep.”

I blushed madly when he said that, seeing it clearly on the reflective glass behind him. I looked down, wincing a bit. I had every intention of remaining that way for the rest of breakfast when he reached over again and lifted my head by the chin.

“Aigoo, don’t worry. You didn’t drool or snore.”

I shook my head and shrugged. “I know. I don’t do either thing.”

“Then what are you blushing for?” he asked, a mischievous smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

“I’m not blushing,” I muttered.

“Yeah, right.” He reached over again and I swatted his hand off.

Suddenly, I just felt like asking him about his opinion in the matter. I didn’t want him to worry, but I was worried as hell that he thinks the same way as Sehun. “Chan Yeol-ah…”

“Aerin-ah?” he answered, imitating my tone.

I ignored it and just eyed him seriously. “Do you…uh…do you think t-that I…” I couldn’t say it, afraid of two things: he might say yes and confirm my fear or he might take it the wrong way thought he doesn’t think so.

He took my hand and gave it a light squeeze. “Yes, what it is?”

“I can’t say it.”

“So things are opposite today? Yesterday, I can’t tell you what I wanted to say and now it’s you’re turn?”

“Don’t take it the wrong way, alright?”

His eyes widened. “Are you breaking up with me?”

It was my turn to gape at him. “B-break up? With y-you?” I shook my head. “What are you t-talking about?”

He beamed at me then. “Just trying to make you loosen up your nerves. You look like you’re about to confess something really bad. Come on. I want to know. I won’t get mad.”

Are you even capable of that? I swallowed. His statement didn’t help me calm down a bit. It made me even more nervous. I breathed in and squeezed his hand even tighter I was afraid I might snap his fingers off. “I want an honest answer, alright? You don’t have to explain it. You just tell me whether that’s the case or not. It doesn’t matter how I feel when you answer, just answer. I won’t get mad either. It doesn’t change anything. Arasseo?”

He arched a brow at me, torn between a smile and bafflement. “Okay. I promise to do everything you told me.”

I nodded. “Do you feel like I’m just taking you for granted?” I blurted out.

He creased his brows and shook his head. “Why are you asking me this?”

I closed my eyes as tears threatened their way out. “Just answer please.”

“Who told you that garbage?” he demanded.

I didn’t want to open my eyes, but I felt him let go of my hand. “You promised,” I choked out, unable to help it anymore. “Yes or no.”

“Aerin-ah! No. Of course not. Why would I feel that way?” He rounded the counter when I opened my eyes. “Is this about Sehun?” He knelt in front of me, gently wiping away the tears that have escaped.

I shook my head. “Do you think I’m taking advantage of your feelings?”

He shrugged, getting frustrated. I guess he was not used to seeing me cry. I don’t really cry in front of him. This was one of the rare times. “What brought this on?”

I took him by the shoulders. “Tell me,” I whispered.

“No.”

My eyes brimmed with more tears when he told me that with all the sincerity he had in him. Without hesitation, I clung to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, sobbing. I felt him hugging me back.

“Shh. I’m here. I won’t’ ever think that way. I’m sorry you had to hear that.” He’s figured it out and I didn’t even have to tell him what really happened.

I just held onto him tighter. “It just hurts that I had to hear that from him. I know that it’s already hurting you both, but please know that it also hurts me when I see your disappointment. I never took you guys for granted, believe it or not.”

“I believe you,” he said against my hair. “Don’t worry about that.”

 

-Baekhyun’s POV-

Something’s fishy. I just know.

The moment Aerin called me the previous night, sounding like a zombie, I knew. In the morning, I met the guys at the parking lot. Sehun was there, but Aerin wasn’t. The maknae was once again in a sour mood as if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had every reason to believe that she was the reason. On the other hand, Kai was frantic as he waited for Hee Jin. It was like ants were in his pants. Oh that rhymed and the irony of it was just too evident. I didn’t know what was going on since no one seemed to know about it, but it was evident with the way those two were acting, not to mention the love nugget’s absence along with Park Chan Yeol.

Moments later, the people in question arrived. Aerin was seated on the passenger’s seat, looking straight ahead as if she was in a trance. Chan Yeol removed his seatbelt and did it for her as well. He said something, but of course, we couldn’t hear it, still she nodded. She went out of the car before he did, running the back of her hand below her eyes. She was walked with her head down, stopping when she saw us standing there. Her gaze trailed from Kai to me and it sto

Please log in to read the full chapter