Fifty Eight: His First and Only Love

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

It was Tuesday and I felt bad missing school, but I think it was all worth it. Sehun was taking me on a short cruise then we’ll be dropping by the dumpling shop before our flight the next day back to Seoul. I missed the others and my bed, but I was going to make the most of my stay in China. I wouldn’t get the chance to travel even during the summer vacation since I would be attending a language workshop. Then again, I was glad that Sehun took me there. I couldn’t thank him enough.

“Aerin-ah? Are you ready yet?” I heard him call from the bedroom while I was tying my halter blouse around my neck. I then wore a white, gossamer cardigan along with a pair of beach shorts then went out of the bathroom. “All set,” I told him. I eyed him from head to foot. He was wearing a plain black wife beater under a blue, button-up long-sleeve shirt, matched with a pair of khaki shorts and white back-kickers. I smiled at him. He’s gorgeous. “I’ll just take my sunglasses and camera.”

“Hurry.” He went out of the room, taking a knapsack with him.

“Okay.” I hurriedly took my stuff and went out of the room, putting the keycard in my pocket. Aish! He nearly forgot about it. I found him standing by the door, holding the bag casually over his shoulder, eyeing me.

“That was quick.”

“Well, you told me to hurry my up,” I shot back as I walked towards him. “And you forgot the keycard.”

He chuckled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. “You look ravishing by the way.”

I chuckled and shook my head at him. “Don’t I always.”

“Pft! Airhead.”

“Whatever, Oh Sehun.”

We made our way out of the hotel and into a cab. He instructed the driver to take us to a port, I don’t know where exactly, but I think he really prepared something to surprise me with. I usually hated surprises, but I guess I was going to love it, judging by the quiet yet smug look about his face. He just knew where to hit the spot when he wanted to and I guess I just had to brace myself for it.

I broke the silence when I had a view of the open sea from where I was seated. “Wow. I just realized how long I haven’t been to the beach,” I said, mostly to myself. I wondered how long ago it was.

As if on cue, he said, “How long?”

I honestly didn’t have any sure answer so I gave him my estimation. “Three, four years? I’m not sure.”

He nodded. “That’s a long time.”

“Yeah…I…” My voice trailed off.

“What is it?” he asked. Though I wasn’t looking at him, I could already imagine the look of concern that would reflect the tone of his voice.

“I planned to go, but I haven’t done so since appa died.”

“You planned to go with him, but you never did because of what happened,” he surmised as if reading my mind.

I shifted my gaze to him. “I’m sorry. I’m spoiling the moment, aren’t I?” I felt him pulling me close. I leaned without hesitation on his shoulder, trying to get rid of the thoughts momentarily.

He shook his head. “It’s not your fault.”

“I really missed going…”

“Really? I got sick of it by the time I was nine,” he told me matter-of-factly in an attempt to lighten the mood and he succeeded.

“Ha! I wasn’t born in Malibu, you know. You practically have sandy shores for backyards back there.”

“You’ve been there?”

I nodded. “Sta. Monica when I was eleven, but I we had to go home immediately since appa had to go to a business trip and it was way to balmy for my taste.”

“I see…We’re here.” He had a faraway look on his face as he instructed the driver to pull over.

I hopped out of the cab as he paid and found myself craning my neck around me. It was my first time seeing docks with wooden planks and real sea gulls flying about. It was as greasy and wet as I’ve imagined from what I’ve read, but I wasn’t expecting us to go to such a place. What surprised me was the fact that it was too different from what I’ve been expecting. I didn’t see a huge cruise liner with a fancy name inscribed on its side like I was used to. Instead, I was looking at boats, a plethora of them. They lined the numerous docks like parked cars at the mall, except that they were almost all white.

Sehun joined me. “What are you looking for?” he asked.

I must’ve looked like I saw something wrong in my surroundings for him to have asked me that. “Where’s the cruise ship?”

He chuckled. “We’re not going on a cruise ship. The ports for them are on the east. We’re in the south.”

I slowly turned my head towards him. “No cruise ship?”

“No cruise ship,” he repeated without inflection as he shook his head. “It’s just you, me and the captain. Besides, I hate crowded places.” His tone was flowing with warmth and meaning as he took my hand and led me to the last dock. Lesser and lesser boats came to view as we walked towards it. Well, he towed me there most of the way since I couldn’t move and I don’t have any clue why I’m being like that.

My stomach lurched when I saw a fancy yacht at the end of the dock. A man was standing by it, wearing a white uniform. He must be the ‘captain’, whatever that meant. I walked closer to it then stopped, shifting all my weight on my left leg. I had to laugh to myself when I figured out what he was saying. He stood behind me and held me by the shoulders.

“You’ve rented a yacht,” I said quietly.

“No, I didn’t. Look.” He pointed at the side of the vessel near the front and I literally ogled at it. I turned to face him. He was smiling. What the hell was he smiling for? I don’t believe what I just saw so I had to look at it again. As if I was doused with ice water, there it was in shimmering blue paint – my name.

I blinked slowly and shook my head. “You’re crazy,” I told him in all but a whisper. “Y-you bought a yacht?”

He chuckled. “Like it?”

I turned to face him and began smacking him on the chest. I was torn between smiling like an idiot and grimacing. What the hell was he thinking to have gone to such extent? “You named a freaking yacht after me.”

His eyes rounded and his smile disappeared. “You don’t like it?”

Aww. “What do you mean? I love it~!”

He laughed again. “I’m glad.”

I glanced at it again. “Isn’t this too much for a weekend?”

“I’ll do anything for you.”

I arched a brow at him. “You’ll eat mud for me?”

“Maybe.” He chuckled. “Let’s go.”

I gladly took his hand as he guided me to it. I stayed by the dock while he gave more instructions to the captain, gazing at the horizon where the sky met the glittering blue water of the sea. It was beautiful. I breathed in deeply, tasting the tangy air as it blew past me, tousling my hair. For a moment, the image of my father flashed in my mind. He was smiling. I could remember how he looked like when we were planning to go to Fiji for my sixteenth birthday. Sadly, it never came to be since I didn’t want to celebrate it anymore. It wouldn’t be the same without him so prefer forgetting about it.

I looked behind me and saw Sehun still talking to the captain. He looked quite wary. I just know whenever that perpetual crease between his brows would show up. He seemed agitated and he kept running his fingers through his hair thought there wasn’t any problem. I felt sorry for being mad at him every time he tries to reach out to me. He caught my gaze and he smiled. He’s gorgeous when he smiles. Sometimes, I can’t help it, but to just smile back and get lightheaded. He said his thanks to the man and approached me.

“Come on. I’ll take you on a tour.”

I nodded and followed him down to the cabins. I shook my head when I saw the small salon, the kitchen, the washroom and finally, the bedroom. I walked towards the bed, sat down and bounced slightly as I took in the texture of the mahogany walls, waiting for Sehun to come in.

“So how do you find our cruise ship?” he asked, leaning against the door post.

I stood up and walked towards the portholes which were submerged halfway in the water, making the room glow a cerulean hue. I touched the vacuum glass and smiled to myself as I thought of a way to answer the question.

“You’re honestly asking me that?” I asked him back.

“Yes.”

“Hmm…I’d say that this yacht it beautiful, but expensive for a weekend.”

“Nothing’s too expensive for you,” he said, making me almost jump out of my ski

Please log in to read the full chapter