Twenty Seven: Harmony

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 -Suho’s POV-

 

I’m spent and so were the boys. We’ve been walking around the whole school, stuffing ourselves with junk food and soda, all the while waiting for Aerin and Sehun to arrive, but they never did. I thought that it would be just like the day before where they were late, but this time, it was evident that they didn’t have any intention to show up at all. What’s annoying was that neither of them would even send replies to the numerous messages we’ve been sending them all day. They were making us worry.

The five of us sat inside one of the vacant classrooms at the third floor of the Special Program building, letting the air conditioners do their job. It was quite a hot day and the doubled number of people coming to the school didn’t help at all. Baekhyun was literally lying flat on the marble floor with his shirt pulled halfway up his torso. He was a sight. The heat was bringing him to the edge of his sanity.

“Aish! What happened to those two?” D.O. said beside me as he stretched on top of the teacher’s table.

“Maybe something came up. A family problem perhaps?” Kai, the ever sensible child said. He was still trying to reach their cell phones.

“They would have notified us,” Chan Yeol countered. For some reason, we all thought he was implying something.

I couldn’t help but ask him already. “Do you know something we don’t?”

He laughed awkwardly, looking out the window. “What are you saying? I couldn’t even get them to text me.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. I’m watching you, Park Chan Yeol. He had been acting quite strangely since we left the Kwon residence the previous night and I knew it had something to do with Sehun.

“Those two love to go missing together, don’t they?” D.O. said, his words pregnant with meaning. Chan Yeol’s head snapped up to the younger boy’s direction and his eyes were as wide as saucers.

Whoa! He’s acting all surprised when all along, he’s just worried that what D.O. was saying had some truth in it, but I doubt that. Sehun and his love nugget were practically family and the way they treat each other never gave hints that they were interested in each other. Poor Chan Yeol. I wonder how much more he could take. I stood up from the teacher’s table and smacked D.O. on the side of his head, causing Baekhyun and Kai to burst into giggles.

“Ow! What was that for?” D.O. demanded.

“What the hell are you saying? It’s Sehun we’re talking about here, not Chan Yeol.”

“Yah! I heard that!” the playboy protested.

I rolled my eyes at him. “I know.”

Chan Yeol gaped at me, narrowing his eyes. “Aish! I thought you were just out to get D.O. and now you’re saying those things about me.”

I smirked. “So they’re not here, so what? It’s not like they don’t have the choice to ditch school.”

They all exchanged glances, wearing those odd expressions on their faces. Kai was suddenly dissuaded from his previous train of thoughts. I don’t know what I was missing, but I sure didn’t like it.

“You guys don’t think that Sehun and Aerin are actually…” I didn’t have to say the word for them to understand. Instead of answering me, they all did that annoying glance-trading. “You guys are crazy.”

Kai frowned. “What if it’s true?”

Chan Yeol looked at me in horror. “Hyung~!” he whimpered.

I rolled my eyes. Oh come on! What were these guys all about? “It’s not true unless we prove it is or haven’t you learned your lesson about the rumors about Aerin and Chan Yeol?”

“Why don’t we just check it out?” D.O. said, scratching the back of his head. The moment he stopped speaking, Chan Yeol immediately ran out of the room.

I flashed everyone a withering look. What choice did I have? “Let’s just go, okay?”

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

 

I sat in front of the grand piano the Kwons owned. I lightly ran my fingers against the ivory keys, feeling slightly different under my touch. I couldn’t remember the last piece I played. I couldn’t even remember the last time I played the piano, period. I know I could still play it though. I just didn’t have the chance to. I always pass by it as it was on a platform by the wall-sized windows in the living room, but I instantly forget about it when something else pops out of my mind. Besides that, I was worried I would stir up unwanted memories in Mrs. Kwon and Aerin. If I wasn’t mistaken, it was owned by the late Mr. Kwon and the way I see it, he’s the only one who knew how to play the piano in the house before I came to them. I see Aerin sitting or standing by it when she thinks she’s alone and no one’s watching, but she never played. I didn’t know if she did but it really held a special place in their hearts. I could already imagine her and her mother standing by it while his father played – the epitome of a perfect family before the tragic accident that caused the stillness in the house.

I sighed. Maybe if I played now, it’d take the stress out of Aerin especially after last night. She’d been having nigh

Please log in to read the full chapter