Sixty Two: Promenade Etiquette

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

Exams are done! Yeah!

There were just a few little things we have to do right after it and that include the sports fest and the blasted dance. Everyone in the school is either brain-drained after the exam, hyped up for the coming events or anxious for the summer vacation. Come to think of it, it was getting really hot. I’ve been sweating bullets since the day of the exams began and I kept wishing it would be over. Finally, I got what I wished for and now, I sat on one of the benches by the corridor, wedge between D.O. and Baekhyun. I had my shoulder on the latter’s while D.O. was leaning against me. We were cozily sitting, too spent to move a muscle. We might have looked like three miserable people huddled together, watching people pass by without a care in the world. It was bliss for us since we still had some stuff to do to officially end the exam proper.

“I’m thirsty,” Baekhyun murmured against my hair.

“Go get us some drinks then,” the person to my left said.

“Too…tired.”

The three of us sighed in unison. It was even tiring to talk. I closed my eyes, planning to take a nap right there and then. My brain felt like it turned to fizz after my Trigonometry exam. I liked math, but I just couldn’t understand why that exam had to be so long. It practically out all the knowledge stuck in my brain. I linked arms with D.O. while Baekhyun wrapped an arm around me. Oh he’s just snuggly and I was slowly drifting off to sleep. I wished to go home already and just sleep.

I was doing just that when I heard D.O. talk. “Do you have partners for the dance?” he asked.

Oh hell. Why did he have to remind me? Now, I can’t rest easy. I opened my eyes.

“I can’t possibly think of that right now,” Snuggly Bear Number One muttered. It was a new thing hearing him speak in hushed tones. He’s always loud and I liked him that way.

“What about you, Aerin-ah?”

I snorted. “You have to ask? Ugh! I’m not going.” Today was the start of the registration of partners for the dance. Instead of being a fun thing, it had been proving to be more and more strategic. I don’t like the idea at all. Though we were free to choose partners, it was still boring since the registration binds us with whom we choose even if we change our minds at the last minute. Plus, we were all required to go. That’s just dumb.

“Did someone ask you?”

I shook my head.

“That’s a surprise,” Baekhyun said, mocking in his tone.

I nudged him on the side. “I don’t want to go.”

He shook his head. “That can’t happen, Princess Goddess.”

I straightened up, arching a brow at him. “What the hell did you just call me?”

He didn’t speak, biting his lower lip while D.O chuckled. “He called you –”

“I’ve heard,” I snapped at him.

Snuggly Bear Oh-One smiled widely at me. “That’s just one of the few things we call you with when your back is turned.”

“What?!”

“Sehun calls you ‘princess’ while Chan Yeol calls you ‘goddess’. ‘Princess Goddess’, get it?” he explained.

I made a disgusted face. “It’s stupid!”

“Oh and you have another name,” he droned on as if I didn’t say a word.

Baekhyun snickered.

“And that is?”

They grinned broadly at me. “Mei-Mei~!” they chorused.

I just blinked slowly, my jaw dropping. Thay knew how Lu Han oppa called me, too? What the hell?!

“How do we put those three together?” Baekhyun asked. “Princess Goddess Mei-Mei.” He chortled.

D.O. poked his hyung on the side. “Maybe it’s going to be just Princess Mei-Mei.”

I stiffened when he said that. Where did ‘goddess’ go? Unless… I was dead serious now. “What did you say?” Was Chan Yeol giving up already? During the past weeks, he had been really odd and distant, but he’d still talk to me. Was this it? I suddenly felt sad. If he was then it would be easier for me, but of course, I had to consider his feelings as well. I felt so guilty again.

“What do we have here?” I suddenly heard his familiar voice from across the hallway.

“A convention,” D.O. answered sourly. I guess no one asked him yet or better yet, he didn’t have the guts to ask anyone yet.

Chan Yeol chuckled then looked at me. “Hello.”

“Hi?” I answered uncertainly.

“May I talk to you, please?” he said gently.

I felt Baekhyun tap me inconspicuously on the back. I glanced at him, swallowing hard. Was he going to tell me? I was suddenly afraid to stand up. “Talk? About what?”

He took my hand without saying anything, forcing me to stand up. He grinned at me. “You’ll see.”

I saw that same ghost of pain in his eyes even as he smiled brightly. He was really a ray of sunshine and I’d hate to see him down, but I guess this was it. I followed him as he towed me to one of the empty club rooms, staring at his back until he stopped. “So why are we here?” I asked him. Let’s get it done and over with, please…

He eyed me nervously. “Well, you see…there’s this thing I wanted to ask you…”

“And?” I prompted him.

“I-I was actually p-planning to…uh…well…” his voice trailed off again as he placed his hand behind his neck.

It’s quite endearing to see him out of sorts when he speaks. “Yes?” I honestly couldn’t wait for what he has to say. I was scared at the same time. For some reason, I’d feel rejected, too, but if it’s easier for him then I’d be more than happy to concede.

“I…”

I shrugged and pretended to roll my eyes. “Just say it already. I won’t get mad or anything.” But it’ll hurt me, too.

“Uhm…will you…” He breathed in deeply, his ear turning crimson.

What the hell? “Yah, are you okay?”

He nodded quickly, too quickly.

No, you’re not. “What are you so getting so jittery about?” I asked him.

He shot me a pained look and sighed. “This is embarrassing.”

I arched a brow at him. “E-embarrassing?”

He nodded slowly and diverted his gaze. When he found the will to calm down, he took both of my hands and eyed me seriously. I waited for his words. Maybe he’ll say, ‘Sorry, Aerin. You’re just not worth it,” or maybe, ‘I’m letting go now. I’m getting sick of it.’ Either way, I’d feel like eating a whole tub of chocolate ice cream anyway.

“Yes.”

“Why?” Here goes. I took in a deep breath and held it right there.

“I’ll say it now.” He squeezed my hands. “Will you go the dance with me?” he gushed out, shutting his eyes as he held his breath.

I just blinked at him, relief washing through me. I let out the air in my lungs in batches as I tried to calm down. “Y-you’re asking m-me to the d-dance?” I spluttered.

He opened his eyes. “Yes?”

I nodded slowly. “That’s all?”

“Pretty much. Is there something wrong?”

“Oh.” False alarm. “You scared me there.”

He winced, not getting what I meant. “I’m sorry.”

I shook my head. “Don’t be.”

“Uh…so…” he hesitated.

I nodded. “Okay.”

His eyes widened incredulously. “You will?”

“Yeah.”

“Really? But what about…er…Sehun?” he asked.

I smirked. “You asked me first, didn’t you?”

“Oh.” He nodded.

I chuckled. “What? I’m not going to wait for him to ask me. Besides, it’s just a dance. No big deal.”

He smiled at me. “Thank you, Aerin.” He suddenly pulled me close, pressing his mouth against my forehead.

I tapped him on the back awkwardly. “You’re welcome.” I jerked away when I heard the sound of the metal locker being slammed close followed by things crashing to the floor just by the door. I pulled back and went to see what it was all about and I saw the cleaning materials on the floor while the door was swinging open, dented on the center. I saw someone turning to the next hallway in a hurry, but I didn’t see who it was.

“What the hell?” I rolled my eyes, measuring the stupidity of that kid to have gone to the extent of destroying school property.

“What is it?” Chan Yeol asked, standing close behind me.

I motioned at the mess and shrugged. I guess we had to pick it up. “Someone messed the cabinet up. Stupid.” I bent down and picked up the brooms and stuff then shut the door. It wouldn’t close because of the dent.

Chan Yeol touched the surface of the locker. “What did that person do? Punch it? That’s dumb.”

“You could say that again.” Just as I said the words, my stomach growled. “Oh crap.”

He heard it, of course and he chuckled. “You’re hungry.” That wasn’t a question.

“Yeah. I forgot to eat.”

“Forgot?”

“It slipped my mind.”

He smiled then. “Want to eat out?”

“Sure.”

“What do you want to eat?”

“I fancy fries.”

He nodded. “Fries. I like that.”

 

-Sehun’s POV-

I got out from my last exam and walked through the hallways a

Please log in to read the full chapter