Forty Eight: Absolution

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Sorry for updaing this late...Fever and chills due to flu...Anyway, enjoy~! :)

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

Morning.

I blinked slowly in the semidarkness of the room, burying my head in my blanket and pillow. The stupid alarm clock was buzzing and it was hurting my ear. I was really in a foul mood and I didn’t wish to go to school at all. I felt like throwing a fit at the mere thought of it. Well, honestly speaking, I didn’t have it in me to show up in school. I could do that, but not without hiding in my classrooms and ditching the boys for lunch and eighth period where Chan Yeol was going to be. I can’t face him. Not now, not ever. I hurt him and now, I have to apologize for it since Sehun actually found out that Hee Jin and I were faking. I didn’t know what made me feel more embarrassed between those two things. Aside from that, I felt like shrinking whenever Sehun would look at me. He was a proud brat, but I’ve got to hand it to him. He really cared about Chan Yeol and the other despite of his cold and sarcastic demeanor.

I got up in frustration, picked up the damned alarm clock and tossed it out the window. I heard it crash on the concrete with a loud ring as it shattered into tiny pieces. A train of curses followed that as I made my way back to my bed only to see Sehun curled up on it. I didn’t even have it in me to argue with him so I just went back to bed and tried to get some more sleep, tuning everything out by covering my head with my pillow.

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” Sehun murmured softly beside me.

You can say that again. I didn’t answer him and pretended to be asleep when I felt his hand gently patting my back. I groaned, jerking his hand off. I wish he’d just go back to his bed and stop bugging me. He is stressing me emotionally. He wasn’t even talking yet, but his mere presence was sending me off to the edge. Maybe I’d go crazy by the end of the day.

“Wake up now,” he told me.

“Go away.” I turned to my other side.

He chuckled. “It’s going to be fine.”

My eyes flew open. . He knows. “What?” I hissed then curled up into a ball. “Let me get some shut eye if you don’t want to get your head bitten off.”

He sighed. “Fine, but I want you up in half an hour.”

“Sure, sure.”

I felt him kick off the blanket as he shifted on the bed, but before he got up, he leaned over and pressed his lips against my temple. “I’ll make breakfast.”

“Mm.”

He went downstairs after a while and I was left to think of a strategy to avoid Chan Yeol as much as possible. God, I’m pathetic. I didn’t really want to do anything like that. I was just left with no choice. At least he wouldn’t know until I tell him myself. Just then, my phone rang. I reached for it and saw Hee Jin’s smiling face flashing on my screen. I answered it and put it on loud speaker.

“Unnie?”

“Yeah?” I asked groggily.

She paused then I heard her sigh shakily. “You awake?”

I chuckled. “I wouldn’t be talking to you if I wasn’t, would I?” I jested. “What is it?”

“A-aerin unnie…I…uh…”

“What?” Oh crap. I think she did something terrible. She sounded like she was going to be beheaded.

“Don’t get mad, okay?”

I clucked my tongue. “Why would I ever get mad at you? What is it all about anyway? Spill. The suspense is killing me.”

“I-it’s about Chan Yeol sunbae.”

Oh no! I don’t think I will like this news one bit. I think I knew what she was going to tell me, but I asked anyway. “What about him?”

“He, uh, he confronted me yesterday and…and…”

“You told him.” I said without inflection. My heart sunk at the prospect of it.

“Ani. It’s not me, but he was going ballistic and Jong In and Suho sunbae came and I think they told him about it. H-he t-texted me, see, and he apologized and told me he understood everything now.”

There goes my plan. If I was going to hide from him, he’ll surely hunt me down and confront me for it. I’m so dead. I wonder what he was going to do to get back at me. I just wish he would listen to me once I start explaining.

“I’m sorry, unnie,” she said when I didn’t say anymore and then hung up.

I’m toast. All the more reasons to ditch school. I tossed my phone by the footboard and slumped back on my bed facedown. What was I going to do? Sooner or later, if he doesn’t find me in school, he will come to the house and…and I don’t know what he’ll do. I just wanted to melt and disappear.

I was in the middle of thinking about what I would do when the door suddenly opened and up came Sehun to my part of the room. I pretended to be asleep.

“Aerin-ah,” he called. “Yah, Aerin. Get up now. We’ll be late.”

I opened my eyes slowly and breathed in deeply. “I’m not going to school. I think I’m sick.”

“You think you’re sick?” He smirked at me. “You’re just making an excuse.”

“No, I’m not. I honestly feel terrible.”

He rolled his eyes at me. “Yeah right. Get up and get ready now or I won’t hesitate to give you a shower and change your clothes myself.”

I shrugged. “As if.” The moment those words escaped my lips, he pulled the blanket away from me, and hauled me onto his shoulder like I was a sack of flour. “YAAAAAH!” I screamed, flailing around. “Put me down!”

“Or else what?”

“Oh Sehun!”

He walked towards the bathroom and set me down on my feet. He then walked over to the shower and turned it on. I watched in horror as he moved about and headed towards me. He stood right in front of me and eyed me blankly. “Seriously, you’re going to let me undress you?” I shook my head and he shoved the towel to me. “Be down in ten minutes or I’ll come get you.”

I swallowed and nodded. Damn it, why does he have to be so mean to me today of all days? Can’t he see I need his support one way or the other? He shut the door and I quickly locked it, sticking my tongue out at him. I prepared for school and it took me longer than usual. I kept spacing out. At the tenth minute, Sehun made good with his words and came up to check on me. I was in the middle of putting on my necktie since I kept getting it wrong.

“Since when were you this punctual?” I asked him as I concentrated on it. When I couldn’t tie it properly, I removed it entirely. “Screw this!”

Sehun walked up to me. “Here, let me.”

I handed it to him without protest and let him fix my tie, all the while pouting as I watched him do it.

“What’s bothering you?” he asked me.

I arched a brow at him. “You really have to ask?”

He nodded at me when he realized what I was sulking about. “You don’t have to worry about Chan Yeol hyung. He loves you too much to even get mad at you.” He scoffed right after saying that.

Please log in to read the full chapter