Sixty Eight: That Time...

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Sorry for trolling you all on the second part of the teaser #69. Hehe..But hey, that took effort to write, too...^^ Anyway, I'm posting it now. Thanks to Mwuahxoxo who urged me to...Thank her, too, ne~? ^^

 

-Sehun’s POV-

I looked at myself in the mirror as I tied my tie. I glanced out of the window, being pathetic by waiting for Aerin to show up at least before the dance. Chan Yeol hyung had sent me a message that morning, claiming that she had gone missing from his room the moment he woke up. I thought she would arrive anytime in the day, but that hope had been doused after I received a message from her at lunch time. ‘See you,’ it said. I’ve already figured out that she meant at the dance. Well, actually, she came by while I was still asleep since the dress she bought, supposedly hanging inside a black plastic bag in the closet with my tux, was missing and so was her car

I tied the final knot, watching as the sun set in the horizon. The dance would begin in about an hour and it would be the start of misery. I walked over to the study table where I’ve put my cufflinks, watch, keys and wallet. I was busy putting on my watch when I saw that yellow envelope that Suho hyung gave us Monday morning. I remembered wedging it in between the books. He was right. It might come in handy. I inserted my wallet inside my pocket and took the keys, retrieving the envelope as well. I placed it on top of the table where I could easily get it if things make a turn for the worst.

Sighing, I continued to gaze out, thinking of the things that had been happening for the past few months since school began. So many things happened, all of them centered to a girl who made my heart beat faster than usual just be being near. I bared my soul to her, told her she was my first love. I learned to do such things just because of her. She made me feel things I never had. She changed me. It’s just sad that it had come to this.

I gave my hair one final sweep before going down the stairs. The doorbell rang when I reached the bottom step. I walked towards it and opened the door, surprised when I saw Chan Yeol hyung standing there. I was too preoccupied that I didn’t even hear him pull through the driveway. He stared at me for a while.

“Can I come in?” he asked cautiously.

I frowned, but I nodded and stepped aside. I closed the door for him, too, and strode off to the kitchen. “You want something to drink?” I asked from where I stood in front of the fridge, looking at the assortment of cans in there.

“Do you have beer?” he asked.

I smirked. The beer in the house would be Aerin’s stash. I don’t make a habit of snacking with chips and beer like she does. The weirdest one yet, Pepero and Heineken. I don’t get her taste buds. I took two cans out and tossed one to him when I got back into the living room.

He looked at it and eyed me quizzically. “Aerin’s stash?”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Psychic?”

“Nope. She just loves it.”

I opened mine while he hesitated on his. “Don’t worry. She won’t mind.”

“Thanks.”

We were silent for a while, staring at each other then we’d gulp down our beer and stare more. I couldn’t remember the last time when it didn’t feel tense to be in the same room with him despite of the silence. I couldn’t even remember the feeling anymore, but this time, I felt comfortable that he was with me. I missed those days, but I won’t get it back in exchange for the events that brought us to this point.

“So? You’ve dressed up to early that you’re here?”

He smirked at me. “You think I’d come here if that’s the case?”

I took a swig from my can. “Hmm. So you just felt like seeing me?”

“Can’t I feel like seeing Aerin instead?” he snapped.

I arched a brow at him. “You know she wouldn’t be here,” I snapped back.

He smiled. “I didn’t think of that.”

“You’re giving me that? I chuckled and finished my beer. “Why are you here?”

He looked down at the floor, squeezing his already empty beer can. “Who do you think will she choose?” he asked me.

I shrugged. “You’re actually asking me that? How the hell should I know? She wouldn’t even show up or anything. She’s not giving signals, but maybe she’ll choose you. Just counting the times I’ve pissed her off, I don’t think she’ll want me around longer than she could stand.”

He smiled then. What the hell was he smiling about?

“What?” I asked him. “Do you want me to return the question to you?”

He shook his head. “You don’t have to.” He looked up at me then. Something about him bothered me.

“Do you know something I don’t? You can tell me now,” I told him agitatedly. “Her choice, perhaps?”

“I know nothing of that sort.”

“Then what?”

“I don’t know.”

I dropped the subject before he could annoy me again. “How was she last night?”

He flinched and looked away.

“Yah!”

“She’s fine. She couldn’t have left if she wasn’t, now could she?”

I turned away, shaking my head. “If you came here to have small talk, then you’re in the wrong place. Just go to Baekhyun hyung.”

He shook his head. “I didn’t come here for that either.”

“I can see that.”

He strode towards me. “Sehun-ah, what I want to say is that you have to take care of her. Do you understand?”

I faced him and glared. “You’re telling me that now? You could have done that before.”

“Just do as you’re told.”

“What?!” I hissed at him, standing up on my full height to match his. I glowered at him. “Why are you telling me this? What if she chooses you? Are you just going to walk away from her?” Too many questions flooded my mind and he was making me very angry at the same time.

“I love her, Sehun, but –”

“But what?!” I cut him short. “You’re much of a coward? What is it, hyung? Why do I have to take care of her if she chooses you?”

He got angry as wel

Please log in to read the full chapter