Forty One: Tricks

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Hee Jin’s POV-

I followed Aerin unnie at the back veranda where she had found refuge after arguing with Sehun and Chan Yeol sunbae. Well, I was really shocked when she came bounding into the kitchen earlier bearing the kiss mark. I couldn’t understand those two guys. It wasn’t enough that they took unnie to sleep with them the previous night, Chan Yeol sunbae even did that to her. I knew how he and Sehun sunbae felt about her, but they shouldn’t have gone to that extent. The longer I was hanging out with them, the more I was finding out about men’s nature. Couldn’t they really hold back if they see the person they love or any other girl for that matter so long as they could get what they want? It’s so unsettling.

I sighed. It was only the two of them, but they’ve changed the way I’ve viewed the others. They were also guys. Who knows what they were capable of regarding that thing? Suho sunbae seemed proper. He didn’t make remarks about it the way the others did and he was even trying to make them stop. It was improper to make comments like that at the meal table, but no one seemed to mind except for me. After unnie went back upstairs to confront Sehun sunbae, I was left there, the only girl, to hear D.O. sunbae and the others talking about. It was a good thing Jong In wasn’t speaking much about the matter. It’s annoying.

I slowly opened the door, making sure I wasn’t making any sudden noise. I found unnie seated on the bench by the dock, facing the man-made lake. I watched as she tossed the cigarette far from the dock, sighing repeatedly as she hugged herself. Poor unnie. She must be feeling really confused. It was a new experience seeing her like that. Before, when we didn’t know each other, I would always see her walking alone in the hallways, never smiling or greeting anyone. I’ve figured then that she didn’t have any close friends in school except for the boys. She eats with them at lunch at their usual table and I don’t see her hanging out with other girls, but she exuded the confidence I wish I had.

“Unnie?” I said gently so as not to startle her.

She turned to face me then. She still looked like she was in a sour mood, but she smiled at me, tapping the space on the bench beside her. “Hi, Hee Jin.”

I hesitated. “May I join you?”

“Be my guest.”

I nodded then and joined her. “How are you feeling?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know either.”

“Confused?”

She nodded at me. “Have you ever been in this kind of situation?”

I delved on her words. “You mean being caught between two guys?”

“Ne.”

I shook my head. “I’m afraid not. I don’t know what to say.”

She chuckled. “I don’t know what to do with those two. They’re acting really off.”

I smiled. “Maybe they just like you a lot. You know what they say about people who are in love. They do stupid things.”

“I don’t feel it at all.”

“They acted quite foolish, but I guess that’s how it worked. Umma told me that sometimes, she wishes that she had never met appa though she’s head-over-heels in love with him.”

Aerin unnie rolled her eyes. “I wish I haven’t met them both either, but going back to the good times, I couldn’t really think about that. I’m still glad that they became a part of my life. They’re really good guys, you know. They just tend to get carried away at times. Too carried away, I’m afraid.”

“Unnie…”

“Hmm?”

I bit my lower lip, but I couldn’t fight the curiosity. “Which one of the two sunbaes make you feel happier?”

At that she straightened up and eyed me. She looked taken aback.

Uh-oh! I must’ve offended her. “Oops. I shouldn’t have asked that. Mianhe, unnie.”

She shook her head. “No, it’s okay. I was merely thinking of the same question. Do you read minds?” She chuckled, picking up pebbles then throwing them into the water. She glanced at me then. “Come to think of it, I don’t know the answer to that very question.”

“Sehun sunbae, what is he to you?”

She laughed then. “He’s an annoying brat who likes to whine a lot, but he never fails to make me smile…” Her voice trailed off then she stared at the water whimsically, her eyes glimmering as a smile tugged at the corners of . “Chan Yeol doesn’t whine in front of me. He strives hard to show his better side. He’s a good guy and just like Sehun, he makes me happy.”

“Which one of them then?” I asked jokingly.

She shook her head. “I don’t know. I don’t want to think about that.” Unnie narrowed her eyes at me. “Why are we even talking about them? I’m supposed to be mad at them right now.”

I giggled. “They’re funny.”

“They are.” She glanced at me again. “What about you?”

I frowned. “What about me?”

“Well, tell me about your experience with boys.” She tucked a stray lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Boys?” I thought. “I don’t have any.”

Unnie pouted. “No fair! A girl as pretty as you are? I don’t believe it.”

“It’s true.”

She grinned at me then. “But you do like our Jong Innie, don’t you?” she said in hushed tones then giggled.

“Unnie~!” I whined.

“You told me the other day.”

“Yes, I know, but

Please log in to read the full chapter