Fifty One: Weekend with Chan Yeol

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Well, I think you know just what happened to AFF which caused the last updates to be deleted...Sorry about that...Anyway, enjoy reading~!

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

I was dripping wet like I’ve taken a dip in the pool fully clothed. That Sehun really knows how to strike up his troublesome streak when he wanted to, I shook my head, remembering the summer he came to our house. Just like today, we played around with the sprinklers and we ended up getting colds later in the evening, but it was fun. I regretted nothing. It was fun hanging out with him…more often than not. I was smiling all the while as I finished off with car. I was in the middle of coiling the garden hose when I saw Chan Yeol’s Aston Martin pulling over at the driveway. I straightened up and met him halfway as he got out of his car, sporting a pair of khaki pants, a light blue, button up shirt and white back-kickers. I had to stop dead on my tracks as he removed his silver-rimmed aviators. I’ve got to hand it to him. The guy’s hot.

He slightly waved at me, waking me up from catatonia. When he was near enough, he said, “Good morning, beautiful.”

I smiled at him. “Good morning. What brings you here so early?”

At that, his smile dropped. Uh-oh! What did I say? Shouldn’t he be happy that I was at least talking to him when I vowed that I wouldn’t speak to him or Sehun? I’ve been ignoring his calls and messages the previous night.

“W-what?” I asked, cautiously, shaking my head.

“Aerin?” I heard Sehun’s voice out of the blue.

Chan Yeol was the first one to look at him. “Let me guess.” He sighed in frustration. “You didn’t tell her.”

I eyed Sehun this time. He was holding towels, one was slung around his neck while he was motioning to give me the other one. “Tell me what?”

Chan Yeol narrowed his eyes at the younger boy. “We had a deal. I won, Sehun. Paper against scissors. What the hell?” he said without pause, annoyed.

Sehun laughed nervously. “I was about to, but she sidetracked me.”

What the hell? Now it’s my fault? “Yah! What in the world are you both talking about? Paper against scissors? You were betting on me? Is this your way of agreeing on things?!” Now, I was angry.

Sehun rolled his eyes and strode towards me, hanging the towel on my shoulder. He then looked at Chan Yeol. “I told you she wouldn’t like the idea one bit.”

“That’s because you didn’t tell her,” the other retorted.

“Tell me what?!” I demanded.

Sehun stood behind me, took me by my shoulders and veered me around towards the house. “I’ll explain while you pack.”

I tried to stop our progress, but he was too insistent. “P-pack? Why do I have to pack?”

“I’ll explain while you pack,” he said firmly then looked behind him where Chan Yeol was standing. “You’re coming with us.”

“No way. You’re explaining it to her since you lost. I’ll stay right here,” he said and sat down on the couch.

Sehun and I went to our room. “Go take a shower,” he said.

I just obliged. I needed to hear his explanation stat. I took a shower and changed into a pair of knickers and hooded tee. I took my shoes out and marched to the hallway. I stood at the top of the stairs. “PARK CHAN YEOL! Get here! NOW!”

I went back to the bedroom where Sehun was preparing a small travelling bag and soon, Chan Yeol joined us. I sat on my bed, putting on my shoes while he bustled around. Chan Yeol stood awkwardly by the balustrade.

“Would you care to explain what’s going on and why the hell I’m packing?”

Sehun immediately shot Chan Yeol an accusing stare. “It was his idea. I had nothing to do with it.”

Chan Yeol clucked his tongue. “Just do your end of the deal already,” he snapped.

Sehun sighed and began explaining about their agreement to spend every other weekend with me so they’d have equal chances. It was rather weird for Chan Yeol to have devised a plan where Sehun was at an advantage, but at least they agreed to it. That was what counted. It turns out that they weren’t betting, but just preventing further bickering.

I took the bag from Sehun and started stuffing it with clothes. “So I’ll be gone for the whole weekend?”

He reluctantly nodded. “Gracious loser,” he said sarcastically.

I smiled at both of them. “It’s fine with me as long as I don’t see you fighting.” Chan Yeol gave me that cute eye smile while Sehun just pouted. “Hey, not my fault that you drew paper,” I told him and took my stuff. I faced Chan Yeol then. “Should we get going?”

“Whenever you’re ready.”

I nodded. “Wait for me downstairs.”

He went out of the room while Sehun just stayed there, slumping on my bed. “I miss you already.” He took my pillow and hugged it to himself.

I made a face at him. “I’ll be gone for the weekend, not for the whole year.”

“I just do, okay!” he sulked.

I suddenly felt sorry for him. I shrugged and sat down on the bed. “I’ll call Suho oppa to hang out with you.”

“Pft! I’m not that desperate.”

I chuckled. “Fine. Don’t drown yourself in misery while I’m gone.”

He stood up and pulled me in for a hug. “I’ll miss my princess.”

I patted him on the back. “I’ll miss my erted roommate, too.”

He pulled back. “Yah!”

“Peace out!” I grinned at him. “I’m off now.”

He just nodded and I walked off, but I felt the urge to go back to him. I threw my arms around him, smiling to myself. “Thank you for this.”

He nodded. “You’re welcome?”

I pulled back and chuckled. “I’ll see you Monday.”

“Yeah.”

“Bye, Sehun.”

“Just go already.”

Without further ado, I went downstairs and followed Chan Yeol to his car. “Ready?” he asked me.

“Yeah.” I entered the car. “Where are you taking me anyway?” I asked him when he was inside the car.

He smiled at me as he started the car. “You’ll see.”

If there was one thing I liked about Chan Yeol, it’s the thrill that he makes me feel. The last time we went out, he actually surprised me and he never ceased to do just that. He’s fun to be with and he’s very patient with everything. He’s attentive and I like the attention which was odd since I never really liked it when people noticed me. And he drives fast. I love the rush. For the record, it’s not like I’m saying that Sehun was none of the things I’ve mentioned. I liked them both, I was afraid to admit and I hated leaving Sehun alone at the house so I texted Suho oppa anyway to check up on him.

I watched as Chan Yeol drove past the neighborhood and into the highway. He had a serene smile about his face as he maneuvered the car with ease. The silence was comforting and something warm surrounded the car. Even as my mind strayed to the thought of that rather untoward scene at the cafeteria when he kissed me like there was no tomorrow, there was no tension. Speaking of that, it just got harder for me. I doubted that it would get easier when Sehun confronted me and kissed me as well. I was starting to hate the word since it was a constant reminder that they both got a hold on me. Chan Yeol’s boldness didn’t help one bit, it just made me realize things deeper. I sighed.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked, glancing at me.

I smiled at him and shook my head. “I’m actually feeling better.”

“May I know why?” He turned the car to the tree lane that was headed to the neighboring subdivision.

“I’m glad you thought of this. I thought I’d explode if I see another argument between you and Sehun.”

He smiled ruefully. “I’m sorry about that.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” I stated, watching the greenery pass by in a blur. “Where are we going? As far as I know, you don’t live around here.”

“I do now.”

I faced him again. “You moved out of Park Manor?” I asked, referring to the stately home his family owned.

He nodded without taking his eyes off the road.

“Since when?”

“I moved in last night, but I’ve been packing since the beginning of the week.”

This week. I couldn’t help but wonder if the depression I caused him was the reason why he did that.

“Why?”

He looked wistful as he answered. “It’s getting lonelier at home.”

I arched a brow at him. “And moving alone to a new house isn’t?”

At that, he smiled. “It’s not as spacious as Park Manor so it’s homier.”

I get it now. He’s lonely. Ever since he told me about his brother, I felt attached to him, not only because of our circumstances, but I could identify with the loss. He talked about it once and I saw the agony in his eyes and I don’t think I’ll have the guts to bring something that tragic up. I don’t want to see him hurting. I shook my head. “I don’t think space matters.”

“Indeed, it doesn’t, but I won’t feel so alone now.” He was grinning when I looked at him.

“And why is that?”

“I just got my housewarming present.”

I had to smile at that. At least I could still comfort him despite of what I did. “Housewarming present? Really?” I chuckled.

He nodded. “You’ll get to come home to me every other weekend.”

He seemed happy about it so I decided to play around a bit. “So which one are you, my mom or my dad?” I asked, pretending to sulk.

“Huh?”

“I feel like a kid under a custody battle. I’ll assume that Sehun is my umma since he gets to spend weekdays with me as well while you only get me for alternating weekends.”

He arched a brow at me and slowed down. He was panicking now. “Do you really feel that way?” he asked cautiously. He had this look about his face that said, “Great going, idiot.” He glanced at me again and I cracked up. “What…what?” Okay. He’s freaking out, but I appreciate it. To me, it’s like an indirect way of saying that he cared about what I had to say.

“You’re just precious, Chan Yeol.”

“I don’t get you. Do you honestly feel that way?”

I smirked at him.

Please log in to read the full chapter