Sixty One: White Flag

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

My eyes flew open to the light coming from the vast windows above the headboard. I squinted slightly, overwhelmed by it. It took time for my vision to adjust and when it did, I found myself inside the bedroom. What happened anyway? I didn’t remember ever making it home, much less the bed. I tried to get up, but halfway through it, I felt nausea surge in, sending me plummeting back down to the pillows. Now, I was terribly worried. What happened to me? I shut my eyes, trying to figure out the events of the previous night. Images flashed in my head like strobe lights, making it hurt more. I remembered being with the boys and it was raining and I had sniffles. Was I sick? I guess. I felt like it.

Relax, Oh Sehun. You’re fine, I told myself. I tried to shift on the bed, fixing my vision at ceiling above me to prevent myself from losing sense of balance. Ironic as I was lying down. My whole body suddenly became sensitive to everything around me, including the mattress beneath me, the blanket that reached up to my waist, and the pressure on my left hand. I turned to that side, startled when I saw someone seated on a chair while leaning on the side of the bed, asleep. Thos familiar brunette locks of hair made me smile, but what was Aerin doing in the house, let alone our bedroom? She was supposed to be with Chan Yeol hyung. It’s the weekend, right?

I tried to pull my hand away from hers, but then, she shifted and lifted her head up, squinting a bit as she ran her free hand through her hair before heaving herself up. She smiled sleepily at me as she straightened up when she paused, her eyes widening, her smile waning. Oh no. Her back was hurting again. In a surge of panic, I sat up.

“Are you okay?” I asked her frantically.

She breathed in deeply and continued to straighten up. “Yeah. Just muscles snapping back into place.” She smiled again, squeezing my hand lightly before letting go to stretch. “Are you feeling better?”

Wait. Why was she smiling at me like that? She was supposed to be mad at me and the same goes for me. I cautiously nodded. “I guess.” I frowned. “What happened to me?”

She smirked as she leaned back on the chair, crossing her legs. “You tell me.”

I arched a brow at her. “How should I know? I was unconscious. You tell me” She’s playing me again.

“I don’t know what happened to you. All I know is that you called my right in the middle of a stroll and then you were off the line. I came back to check on you because it sounded like you’ve fallen off or something and then I found you on the floor, burning with fever,” she babbled on without pause.

I blinked slowly. “Yeah?”

“Yes,” she said sternly. “Care to elaborate why you’re sick when I told you to take meds while we were still on the plane?”

I looked away. “I forgot,” I muttered.

“You forgot you had sniffles when you kept sniffing like a hunting hound every night since then?”

She was observing me? I was speechless. I thought she stopped caring altogether after she pulled off that silent treatment stunt after our arrival from China. Besides that, she wouldn’t even look at me or acknowledge my presence. She’s good at that and it got me convinced that she would choose hyung over me now.

“Well? What have you got to say for yourself?” she asked me calmly.

Sarcastic little monster! “It just slipped, alright.”

She huffed and shook her head. Just then, she reached out and touched my forehead. “You don’t have fever anymore,” she declared.

I shrugged as I lay back down, staring up. “What are you doing here?” I demanded.

She tutted. “Taking care of the sick? What does it look like I’m doing?”

I shook my head. “That’s not what I meant.”

“What now? I can’t come home?”

I eyed her severely. “That’s not what I meant.”

“Well, enlighten me, please?”

“Are you really going to make me jump all the hoops?”

She smiled. “Do you really have to be this cranky in the morning?”

Her question took me aback, sidetracking me. “Uhm…I’m sorry.”

“Better.”

“Well?”

She shrugged. “I was with him last night when you called and he was just here. He helped me take care of you.”

“Really?”

She nodded with a smile. “You care for one another more than you let on, you know. I actually feel guilty that I had to go between you two.”

What was she saying?

“He was…well, worried sick as well. He bought your meds and he helped me carry you to the bed and he insisted on staying all night to look after you.”

“He gave up his weekend for me, too,” I supplied.

“That, too. I’m happy about that.”

I smiled and shook my head. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Making you stay up all night instead of enjoying the time with him.”

“I did.”

I arched a brow at her. How could those two words mean so much? “And by that you mean?”

She smacked me on the shoulder.

“Ow!”

“What were you thinking just now?” she snarled.

“N-nothing.”

She rolled her eyes. “We just talked.”

“All night?”

“What else will we do?” She narrowed her eyes at me. “Oh yeah. We also took turns giving you fluids.”

“I’m surprised I’m still alive.”

“Yah!”

I chuckled. “I was kidding.”

She put up her hand, her index finger and thumb motioning to show me a ‘small’ sign. “I was this close to strangling you. Damn it, you looked dead last night, except when you’d squirm around and mutter stuff.”

“I talked?”

At that she blushed and bit her lower lip, nodding slowly as she looked somewhere else. “Pretty much.”

“What did I say?” Oh hell. This is embarrassing.

“A lot of things, but I can only understand a few.”

I narrowed my eyes at her, seizing her hand before she could make a run for it. “I’m guessing you wouldn’t tell me.”

She tugged at her hand, chuckling nervously. “You’ve guessed right.”

“Tell me.”

She shook her head firmly.

“Did hyung hear it?”

She broke into an evil grin. “That’s for me to know.”

I scoffed and let go of her. “What the hell, Aerin?”

“What the hell, indeed?”

“You’re scaring me.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Then what did I say?”

She fought laughter as she leaned back leisurely. “Like I said –”

“Stop playing me,” I told her, sulking on the bed.

Aerin laughed heartily and sat down next to me, poking my sides then my cheeks. “Aigoo~! Don’t worry. You didn’t say anything embarrassing.”

I scowled at her. “Then why are you laughing?”

“Because you’re being Mr. Frowny Face again.”

I pouted.

“Omo-yah! Kwiyeopta~!” she squealed in delight. “Do that again.” She bounced on her seat like a two-year old.

“Yah!”

To my surprise, she leaned down by my ear and whispered two words in such a seductive tone, I found myself going off the edge. She said, “Love me.” I blinked slowly as she sat back up.

“What is that?”

“That’s what you said,” she told me innoc

Please log in to read the full chapter