The Two Faces of Lu Han

Roommates (dropped)

Lu Han was an unbalanced, eccentric combination of outgoing and reserved.

 

By nature, he was a wallflower who, according to the rest of EXO, only started blooming in college. And truth be told, you did believe them for you saw that side of his when his delicate fingers gracefully brushed his blonde fringe out of his eyes,  when his lips would curve into the tiniest of smiles yet he would still retain that blank, lost look in his eyes, and his usual unresponsiveness in the large lecture class you attended with him.

 

He liked to daydream: his face directed at the projector screen, but you could tell that he was focused on something beyond that, a far off distance only he could reach. He was always so lost in his thoughts.

 

You found it cute.

 

And kind of like a certain maknae from a certain town four hours away.

 

Now, the happy, bubbly Lu Han only came out when he was with the twelve of you. His grin was ear-to-ear, and his laugh was so unrestrained, so carefree. Whenever the thirteen of you went out, he and Se Hun would hook arms with each other, and then frolic off to the nearest bubble tea shop. The rest of you would follow suit, with Kai and Baek Hyun complaining at how sick of the beverage they were. In spite of Kai's uncharacteristic whining and Baek Hyun's high-pitched yelps, you would always find yourselves occupying a series of connected tables in some tea shop, completely futile against Se Hun and Lu Han's craving-slash-obsession.

 

Today was one such day.

 

You all listened to Se Hun and Kai as they narrated a funny story about their Math professor. When the  mushroom-head of a maknae dropped the big punch line, laughter erupted from all of you, especially from Lu Han who seemed to be enjoying the joke a little too much. His eyes disappeared into half-moons as his mouth stretched to its farthest, cachinnating and producing an eccentric mix of a loud bray and a melodic tune.

 

You smiled nervously, noticing the few customers who looked at the long table where thirteen handsome guys sat. Of course, even without all the noise coming from you, you were still a sight for sore eyes mainly because of the twelve flower boys who seemed to be accompanied by a background full of glitter and sparkles and bubbles like the ones in manhwas.

 

And while you wanted to hush them for garnering attention yet again, you didn't, because something at the back of your mind told you not to be the wet blanket you usually were.

 

And as you watched your roommate laugh his heart out, you wondered just how could someone be this boisterous one minute and taciturn at another; how could he be so reserved and shy towards others when he was this oversized ball of cheerfulness and friendliness with all of you.

 

But then, you couldn't imagine Lu Han being something, someone else. You couldn't imagine him simply being a social butterfly, or simply being that loner kid who would rather be in the library.

 

You preferred this unbalanced combination.

 

"Hey, Lu," you suddenly called, causing him to abruptly pause. He turned to you, blinking his beady eyes at you.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Don't ever change, okay?"

 

With that, everyone else stopped and stared at you.

 

You blinked, as if snapping out of a daze. You scrunched your eyebrows, realizing what you just said without so much as a thought. "What the hell was that?" you uttered, hunching your back and looking at the bubble tea Chanyeol treated you to despite your very open declaration of your hatred for it. You took the plastic cup in your hand and then faced Chanyeol who sat beside you.

 

"It's because you made me drink this, Chanyeol," you said, eyes stony as you deadpanned at him. The happy virus fake gasped in reply, but grinned at you nonetheless, sticking his tongue out in a playful manner.

 

"Anyway, Lu," you waved your hand, "Forget what I--"

 

"I won't change," he said, smiling gently at you. "If that's what you want."

 

You grinned in return.

 

And then proceeded to dumping the bubble tea that had you speaking all weird and .

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Long time no see, everyone! 

 

Now, I know I should really be posting the MyungBer special, but I can't I haven't had time to finish it T.T I decided to write some drabbles first, just to let you know that yes, this fic is still alive! 

 

Don't worry though, because the MyungBer special is 50% done :))

 

Which leaves Taemin's story ignored ;A; 

 

I promise I'll finish all of those once my exams are done! Just a little bit more!

 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this drabble! 

 

Thanks for subscribing, commenting and reading! Be sure to leave a comment or two!

 

Till next time!

 

 

P.S. What if I troll you guys and told you that the ending of Roommates would be sad? :)))))))) 

 

P.P.S. Also, I've included a table of content, which I will be updating every now and then, in the foreword! It's helpful, if, you know, you guys just feel like rereading the old chapters :))