Forgetfulness

Roommates (dropped)

Lightning flashed as the rain continued to heavily pour down on Seoul City. Gray, forlorn clouds loomed over the buildings, casting a dark, ominous shadow. Students scurried to their dorms or to the bus station, hurrying to get home and dry themselves. You saw the long line in the bus station, people huddling together under their umbrellas in order to avoid the rain or to keep warm.   

 

You facepalmed, feeling stupid for having forgotten your umbrella of all days. You weren't usually like this; you always made sure to have an umbrella in your bag in case it rained or the sun was just too damn bright. You sighed, remembering why you left your cute, polka-dotted umbrella: you transferred your things to another bag today, and you forgot about the said paraphernalia which was buried in the deepest depths of your previous bag.

 

"I'm so stupid," you told yourself. "This is just great; of all days and of all buildings to have my class in."

 

The Social Science building was the farthest from the dorm--at least fifteen minutes by foot--and there were no covered walkways that you could use. It was either you sprint and get soaked or wait for the rain to stop, which wasn't going to happen anytime soon, you realized.

 

"Okay, I've got this; I'm a fast runner, right?" you tried to convince yourself as you rolled up your pants and put one leg behind the other, preparing to go out into the rain and just dash toward the dorm. You were just about to take off when you saw a figure approach you, his or her face covered by the huge white umbrella he or she held.

 

You knew that umbrella anywhere: the cute blue handle and the numerous images of Stitch drawn on the surface of the stretcher.

 

"Lu Han?" you called.

 

Lu Han tilted the umbrella so that you could see his face. He furrowed his eyebrows, possibly mad at you for being so forgetful. He wore his striped, blue and white sweater, and a pair of rain boots.

 

 "What are you doing here? Didn't you say that you had a date?" you asked, shocked to see your roommate when he was supposed to be in a fancy restaurant in his best clothes, holding some girl's hand and whispering sweet nothings to her ear.

 

"Idiot," he said, "And let you get sick? No way. You were just about to dash to the dorm in this weather, weren't you? You're really such an idiot." He took a step forward, extending his hand and the umbrella towards you. "Now let's go home."

 

You nodded meekly, quite touched to hear such words from your roommate. Between the two of you, you were the responsible one, the doting mother who disapproved of his sleeping habits, his reckless activities that weakened his physical condition, so seeing Lu Han be so caring towards you made you feel...What's it called?

 

Loved.

 

"Thanks, man."

 

You stepped inside his umbrella, shoving the word at the back of your head, wanting to forget it just as you did with your umbrella.

 

"Let's hurry," you said, taking the handle, "You can still catch up to your date."    


Author's Note:

Hello, everyone!

Another slightly fluffy chapter here :) And did you notice? I had YinYueTai references here :)) Lu Han's sweater here is the same one he wore in the interview; plus, the Stitch umbrella reflects the stuffed toy he was cutely playing with.

Aigoo, LuLu's such a cutie <3

Anyway, thank you once again for reading, subscribing and commenting!

Comments are much appreciated!

 

Next chapter: You've gotten into Wushu recently thanks to Huang Zi Tao.