Etude House Adventure Part 1

Roommates (dropped)

Author's Note:

Hey, guys!

I'm sorry, I lied :)) The chapter preview in Out of Character does not correspond to the content of this chapter. This has an entirely different plot.

But I hope you still enjoy it!


You squirmed, your face cringing in both pain and repugnance as you stayed glued to your position a few meters outside the store's entrance. You tightly clutched your backpack's straps by your chest. Your wiggled your toes inside your sneakers; they felt sweaty and itchy for some unknown reason. You watched as women of all ages went in and out of the store, chatting amongst themselves as to what they should buy; what's a good facial wash; what color of eye shadow matches their complexion; what toner, what cleanser, what perfume.

All those questions made you dizzy.

"Noona, don't just stand there! Come on!" Kai exhorted, waving at you to enter.

You bit your lip and shook your head profusely. "No way, man! I'll just stay here while you buy what Kris wants!" you stubbornly told him, refusing to go inside that house of pinkness. "I'll be so out of place there, Kai!"

Kai sighed and walked to you. "Noona, what about me? I'm the real guy here. I think that in this case, we'll both look like idiots when we're in there. It's better to be out of place together than alone, right?" Kai gazed at you, a small smile on his face as he scratched his head. And he did something you never knew he could do: Taemin's Beautiful Eyes. "So, please? Go in with me."

You karate chopped his head.

"Ouch! Noona!"

"Kai-goon, what the hell?" you laughed, "Where'd you learn that move, huh? Have you and Taemin been hanging out?"

He pouted, rubbing his head. "I did no such thing! There is no way I'll be friends with that guy!"

Oh, right.

Even after you threatened EXO, they still refused to be nice to SHINee, saying that the five boys were 'going to steal their precious Noona away.' The younger ones, especially Tao, Se Hun and Kai, were the most hostile, and then there was Lu Han who would storm out at the mere mention of SHINee or Taemin. You rolled your eyes at the recollection--these boys were such kids.

"And besides," Kai tugged at the hem of your loose shirt, wiggling his eyebrows. "I can be both y and cute; that guy can only do cute--and he's terrible at it, Noona." He smirked at you--that was the look so many girls fell for.

You flicked his forehead. He instantly let go of your shirt, and held the spot you hit.

"Funny, Kai, because last I heard: you at doing aegyo; and you're only 'y'--if you can even call it that--when you dance. Most of the time, you're one big dork who likes to hit on his Noona using cheesy pick-up lines that have a zero percent success rate."

"Sheesh, Noona, stop picking on me!" he whined, and you chuckled at his silliness, his big round eyes that failed to charm you, and his full lips that whimpered in the funniest manner. When Kai wasn't being his charismatic self, the lady-killer who danced his way out of everything, he was the adorable, funny boy who, along with Lay the jester, cracked the sometimes corny, sometimes erted jokes, and made a fool out of himself during your weekly games of Charades and Taboo because he was such a horrible actor and often spluttered when he was time-pressured.

He also had the worst aegyo.

"Don't you think that you at least owe me for injuring my poor head twice today? Come in with me!" he urged you.

Ah, right. The errand. You almost forgot thanks to Kai-goon's bizarre combination of manliness and dorkiness.

 

You immediately thought of Kris.

Damn that Kris Wu; why couldn't he go out and buy his precious cosmetics himself?

"Because I have an org meeting today and I won't be home until 10 pm. I've run out of cream, and I desperately need it, you guys. I'm going to break out into hives if I don't apply tonight."

Kris Wu and his womanly woes were indeed a funny sight to look at. Kris was always so conscious of his appearance, and seeing him beg you and Kai, the only ones left at the dorm, had you laughing and banging the coffee table. But you saw how desperate he truly felt, so you and Kai, out of the goodness in your hearts, gave in and accepted Kris' call for help.

But you didn't expect the store to be Etude House of all cosmetic shops. You didn't hate it because of all the pinkness, the glitz and glamour that painted its every wall, furniture, and just about everything in it. No--it was because it made you acknowledge the difference between you and the common girl even more. It was one reality check that you absolutely detested.

"Fine, I'll go in. Just promise not to leave me, all right, Kai? That's a friggin' big store for a cosmetics shop; I don't want to look like a lost, black sheep amidst a sea of lamb."

Kai grinned confidently at you. "Don't worry, Noona! I'll make sure you're with me all throughout. Just think of me as Lu Han-hyung, okay?"

"Sure, like that's going to help. Let's just get this over with."

The two of you took a deep breath as you both stepped into the store.

 

But, as you would soon realize, that did not prepare either of you for what was about to happen in Etude House.


Author's Note:

Hello, again!

I am super sorry for not updating with the chapter I wrote a preview on. I know all of you were looking forward to it >A<

But, anyway, let me introduce you to a brand new arc: Etude House Adventure! Does the title sound familiar? :)) Everyone misses Tea House Adventure, and I do, too, but it's time to move on to another "House Adventure" :))

This time, it's a Kai-centric arc, because I've realized that he hasn't been given much screen time; and to think, I put him as one of the tags :)) And haha, a Taemin-reference somewhere there.  I know in real life that Kai and Taemin are great friends, but because of the circumstances presented in this fic, they're not. At least not yet *wink wink* #jokepleasedon'ttakemeseriously XD

Unfortunately the National TV chapter must wait because I'll be attending an event tonight, and thus, I won't be able to work on it. Just please bear with me! I promise to give it my all to make it a chapter that's worth waiting for!

Again, thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting. I would also like to thank the new subscribers for giving this fic a chance!

If you have time, leave a comment or two! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Till next time!