A Bit of the Past

Roommates (dropped)

 

Xiumin carefully placed the small cardboard model of a bush on the illustration board. He then took the miniature building you just finished painting, and glued it beside the bush. After spraying the diorama with varnish, Xiumin smiles to himself, and gives you and Kris a high-five.

 

“It looks amazing, guys!” he exclaimed, gazing at the beautiful, magnificent fruit of your teamwork.

 

You, Xiumin, and Kris were grouped together for a social science project—a real one, this time, not that phony, sad, excuse for a lie you told Lu Han that one incident.

 

“I swear to the holy collection of your wonderful beanies that I am telling the truth this time." you told Lu Han who was glaring daggers at you.

 

When he still showed signs of doubt, you looked him in the eyes. Lu Han attempted to (keyword: attempt) have a staring contest with you, but you were just too direct, too penetrating, like his soul was being ripped into pieces that very moment. He immediately shifted his gaze away from you, and cutely pouted.

 

“Fine, I’ll let you go.”

 

Your Geography professor, whom you have come to love so much because he was just so fun and awesome and cracked up the corniest Geography jokes, gave you the best kind of project you, Kris, and Xiumin could ever team up for: the creation of a diorama showing in detail the buildings and landscape of the campus. Of course, no one had a quibble against this project; it’s Geography, after all. But you, Xiumin, and Kris were the most excited ones because your combined meticulousness and artsy-fartsiness would bring forth the most perfectly structured and proportional diorama your professor and class will ever see.

 

And sure enough, there it was, standing in front of you in all its two feet tall, three feet wide glory.  

 

You clap your hands. “Guys, I honestly feel like crying right now; our project looks awesome.” Xiumin chuckles at your monotonous voice, contemplating whether you were saying the truth or your sarcasm was showing itself again. Either way, he saw the tiny glint of pride in your eyes as you marveled at your hardwork, and he couldn't help but reflect your expression.

 

“To commemorate this awe-inspiring feat, let me take a photo of our diorama.” Kris takes out his digital camera from his pocket, and, in the process, drops his wallet. As Kris is shooting, you pick up his opened wallet, and a certain photo catches your attention.

 

“Kris.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Is this…Lu Han?” You show him the amusing photo of what seems to be Lu Han with blonde hair, taking an idiotic selca.

 

Kris and Xiumin take a look at the photo, and grin at you. “Yep; that’s Lu Han when we were in high school.”

 

“Mind telling me why Lu Han was blonde?”

 

Xiumin laughs, “That Lu Han; he thought it would be bad to dye his hair blonde.” And by blonde, Xiumin meant corn-yellow blonde. The kind of blonde that was brighter than the sun. The kind of blonde that was yellower than the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. The kind of blonde which didn't really suit Lu Han's alabaster skin. 

 

It was the kind of blonde that would make anyone and everyone laugh.

 

You chuckle along Xiumin. “That idiot. And look at the way he’s posing! Did he think he was some hot stuff? Oh, man, I need a copy of this; I need new blackmail material.”

 

“Uhh, yeah, not really. Girls actually loved that look on him; he grew extremely popular that year, and dated a lot of girls. If you show that to him, he’ll just gloat.”

 

You frown. “Are you kidding me?”

 

“No, we’re not.” Your small smile easily faltered and you proceeded, instead, to start fixing the mess you had made on the floor. There was just no way people liked that look on him. Well, okay, deep-inside, maybe a tiny, teensy-weensy part of you agreed that, in a way, Lu Han did look good, and you were, to an extent, convinced that Lu Han was the only one among them who could ever sport such a striking yellow, and maybe it wasn't so much of a mistake for him to dye his hair like that, and maybe...

 

Okay, maybe he did look pretty good. But not that good. 

 

Ugh, god.  You shake your head to get all the confusing thoughts out of your system, because you just can't believe where it was leading to. You quickly pick up some materials which you had exported from your room, and quickly stride out to return it, mumbling an "I'll be back," to your partners.

 

At the backs of their heads, Kris and Xiumin could not help but pity Lu Han.

 


Author's Note:

 

Yay, Kris and Xiumin return for another chapter of "Roommates"

 

And, oh, damn, blonde Lu Han is just too adorable 

 

Lu Han's only line to you in this chapter sounds fishy, doesn't it? 

 

Anyway, I want to thank you guys for once again reading and supporting this fanfic of mine!

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

 

<3

 

Comments are appreciated!

 

Next chapter: D.O.'s cupcakes make you say the craziest things. 

And Lu Han doesn't like it one bit.