The Woes of Being His Roommate

Roommates (dropped)

 

With a swipe of your fingers, you maneuvered your character through the temple ruins, avoiding all the arcs of flame, jumping over the broken bridges, and twisting at every turn. 

 

You smirked, seeing the score at the top-right corner.

 

I beat you again, Lu Han.

 

Deciding that there was no longer a greater purpose for you to increase the score, you deliberately sent the character crashing onto one of the humongous tree trunks that barred the passage. You shut down Lu Han's iPad, and placed it inside your backpack. With nothing else to do but wait for your professor, you put your arms on the desk, and placed your head on top of it, looking out the window. You heard the sounds of a bag dropping to the floor and the chair creaking as someone sits beside you, on the opposite direction of your gaze.

 

"You know, I saw something interesting."

 

It was Amber.

 

You've always had such a hard time meeting new people; you absolutely hated strangers, and the idea of socializing with them made you cringe and sometimes, even vomit. You struggled through so much difficulty over the first few days of college, and even the first few days of the semester (and preschool, and elementary, and junior high, and senior high school), especially since your course mates just warmed up to each other so easily, while you were the awkward turtle who stayed in the corner and refused to mingle.

 

And then Amber, who came late for the class, approached you and asked if she was in the right room. The others were too busy constantly chatting, as if something fascinating happened in their lives, to notice the confused girl who entered; thankfully, she saw you, that stoner girl who stood in one spot while the rest shifted from one position to another, talking and laughing, and being noisy.

 

Besides some of the boys, Amber was your first underclassman friend, and it wasn't hard to believe that you two would click so well because, after all, you had a common denominator: the both of you were tomboys. But unlike you, Amber was amicable, and made friends faster than you did. Despite her continuously growing group of friends, however, she never forgot the bond that formed between the two of you, and you would often hang out with her when you weren't babysitting the boys. In fact, you had her to thank for because it was through her encouragement that pushed you to actually join an organization. 

 

You sat up and turned to her. "And what could that be, Ambro?" you asked her, curiosity suddenly getting the best of you.

 

Of course you called each other with such nicknames.

 

"You know how your roommate is so popular?"

 

"...Yeah?"

 

"Well, I overheard some girls talking; one of them was complaining about how you get to be roommates with Lu Han, and be friends with his friends."

 

You rolled your eyes.

 

This again?

 

"Those girls; are they in high school or something? They should learn to grow up. If they want him that badly, they should just confess to him. Lu Han's too softhearted to say no, anyway."

 

"Dude, seriously? Lu Han-gege's like that?"

 

You curtly nodded. "Yup. He always accepts for a first date, but the relationship usually never reaches the third--sometimes, even the second...Although, Kris did mention that in high school, Lu Han had longer relationships, but still not long enough for it to be considered official or legit. I don't know, I don't get Lu Han sometimes. "

 

Amber grinned cheekily, her naturally small eyes (but you could only see one of them because the left part of her face was covered by her long, asymmetrical fringe) becoming even tinier as they squinted, teasingly twinkling at you. "Don't you know so much about Lu Han, Unnie?"

 

"Well, we've been roommates since forever; I can more or less recite every single girl he's dated in the duration of his college life--and in chronological order, mind you."

 

Unsatisfied with your answer, Amber crossed her arms. "And you don't get jealous?"

 

You cocked an eye brow. "Jealous? What for? It's his choice who he dates." You couldn't believe that Amber, of all people, was asking you such a question. "And," you followed-up, "Last I heard, you were the one who went crazy when that Myungsoo-kid had his arm around some chick."

 

"Unnie!" she shushed you, her face going red.

 

Well, this was certainly the first time you've seen Amber so flustered. And it was really cute, because you've never expected her to...well...be in this situation. One other thing you had in common was that you both have never liked anyone in your entire lives. But come college, and Amber met new people, and thus, began to see things from a different light. And it just happened: some kid named Kim Myungsoo started to notice just how pretty and how fun and how special Amber really was, and even though she'll never say it, she likes him, too.

 

You laughed. "You're so cute, dongsaeng-ah."

 

Amber bites her lips and squirms in her seat. "Stop it, Unnie. I am at my most vulnerable; I'm not very manly right now, okay?"

 

You laugh some more, because Amber being so nervous and restless was just too damn funny and adorable at the same time.

 

Thank God I'm not in her situation.

 

Finally, Amber musters enough strength to stop her palpitating heart, and she clears . "A-anyway, Unnie," she sits straight, "Lu Han-gege's really popular, and even if you say that you're not jealous, you can't deny that it bothers you one way or another to know that he's been with so many girls."

 

You stop laughing.

 

And when Amber sees the blank stare you were giving her, she grins at you. "But don't worry, Unnie, because I've already boarded the You and Lu Han-gege ship!"

 

You don't about Myungsoo ever again. 

 


 

 

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone~

I just want to say that I love Amber because she's so awesome and cute and pretty \m/ And she's so hot in Electric Shock, although I liked her blonde hair more in Pinocchio :-)

And even if MyungBer is the one stated in here, my current OTP is KrisBer :)) Before that was MinBer XD It would be weird if I suddenly had KrisBer because this chapter is like Amber's debut, so it would be awkward if Kris has appeared for so many times already but he never mentions Amber.

So, haha, MyungBer it is. 

Anyway~ School started yesterday, and huhu, it rained. What a nice way to start school T.T

Again, thank you so much for reading, commenting, and subscribing! 

Remember to check out Countdown, the spin-off featuring SHINee (although, its latest chapter is only chapter 2)

And please do comment!

Till next time!