Shirts

Roommates (dropped)

 

This is supposed to serve as an accompaniment to Cupids for A Day: Deleted Scene #2, Opportunity

 


 

She and I blinked at each other. My lips twitched, slowly forming into what would probably be described as a painfully awkward smile. Her eagle eyes scanned me.  

 

"I...uhh..."

 

Holy crap.

 

She wasn't supposed to know about this.

 

~

 

I absolutely loved Tuesdays. My first class started at 1 pm, giving me the privilege of sleeping in.

 

Today, however, was a day of bad luck. I had slept in too much, and when I woke up, I found that I only had thirty minutes left before my class commenced. My professor was the terror-kind who was keen on punctuality; he considered anyone who arrived after him as "late." Thing was, he always got in fifteen minutes before the designated time.

 

Sprinting, I grabbed the first thing on my cabinet which just so happened to be that shirt.

 

~

 

We don't really see each other on campus during class hours. Her college and my own were worlds apart. On normal days, that was something I considered as dreadful.

 

Because, okay, I'm kind of obsessed with my roommate, and I would appreciate it if I could keep an eye on her so no girl would bother her about me or even confess to her.

 

But today, I prayed so hard that we wouldn't see each other. Not when I was wearing this shirt.

 

I looked at the wall clock just above the black board. I watched as the second-hand ticked ever so slowly. I turned to the professor who just kept on going with his boring lecture. Actually, the important part was already finished, but my instructor liked to add trivial matters, extending the class when it wasn't even necessary.

 

Damn it, can't he dismiss us now?

 

Our classes would end at the same time today. If I get dismissed early, I would still have time to run to the dorm and change before she can even see what I have on.

 

So I prayed really hard that day.

 

~

 

Damn you, Professor Kim! Damn you and your penchant for telling trivia! I cursed as I sprinted to the dorm.

 

He dismissed us ten minutes after the supposed end of the period.

 

WHY. WHY. WHY. I mentally cried.

 

Once inside, the first thing I did was ask Hoya whether or not my roommate was already here. The shook of his head was like a blessing from above, although I had to wonder what that smile on his face was for. Ultimately, I disregarded that strange feeling, reminding myself that she could be here any minute; she was usually the first one between us to arrive. 

 

I rushed to the second floor to quickly get changed, but the moment I touched the doorknob, I heard a voice from inside.

 

"So how do you want it done, Kris?"

 

Oh.

 

My.


God.

 

Why is she here?

 

She's not supposed to be here, at least not yet.

 

Damn you, Hoya.

 

DAMN YOU.


Wait.

 

Why is Kris there?

 

Why the hell is Kris there?

 

Shouldn't he be in his room?

 

What the hell is this.

 

Outraged, I did the only thing any man in love would do when he hears strange noises coming from inside the room he shared with the woman he loved: kick the door open.

 

Or not, because she would totally kill me if I did that.

 

"What the hell is going on?!" I exclaimed, opening the door and slamming it against the wall.

 

What greeted me  was, of course, like those cliche dramas, a scene that was more innocent than I thought it to be: my roommate and Kris, paintbrushes in hand, and a whole piece of Manila paper sprawled on the floor.

 

~

 

Kris had left immediately after my little outburst, patting me on the shoulder and then encouraging me to take this time to talk it out with her. Before completely exiting our room, Kris had noticed my outfit, and gave out a little chuckle.

 

She stood up and walked toward me, shaking her head in disappointment. "Lu Han, you're such an--" but she stopped the minute she realized what I was wearing.

 

I froze in place as well, because I realized what she was wearing.

 

Lord, kill me now.

 

~

 

We were sitting on the floor now. I had explained to her, using the least amount of details I could, why I had a shirt like this in the first place.

 

My heart was beating crazy fast.

 

How the hell would she react? I realized that she would just keep her stoner face intact, and nod, simply accepting that I had a shirt like hers. Well, that was still better than her suspecting me of being madly in love with her.

 

Which I totally was.

 

Why. Why is my life like this.

 

I absolutely feel like burying myself in the ground right now. This instant!

 

+

 

"Lu Han," I said, poking his head.

 

He blinks back to reality, and stares at me with those doe eyes of his.

 

This boy daydreams too much.

 

"If you're embarrassed about it, don't be. It's fun, don't you think? That we actually have couple shirts," I grinned, pointing at our shirts.

 

Lu Han blushes at my statement.

 

This boy.  

 

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Heehee, hello again, everyone! After the extremely long previous chapter, I just wanted to let you guys read something short and sweet. Plus, the next chapter, I predict, is also going to be extremely long, so yes, a drabble is best in between! 

 

Anyway, did you notice? This was the first time I did a shift in POVs in the same chapter. This is also the first time I used a first person POV of the protagonist. I write in second person because it allows me to reveal a bit about everyone else, but not too much. Have you noticed? I've never really written what goes on inside her head.

 

Actually, the best POV would really be third-person, because you can reveal absolutely everything about everyone, but because my protagonist doesn't have a name, I decided on second person. 

 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little chapter.

 

It has come to my realization that Kris makes a very effective er to LuMate :))

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! 

 

I hope you guys would leave a comment or two. They make me happy! :'>

 

See you all soon! 

 

P.S. Isn't it great that Taemin's story is going to be the 100th chapter of this fic? :)) It's ironic, but it's still wonderful! 

 

Next: 

 

It was an unexpected meeting, really. 

 

There was you who could not care less about anything outside your little shell.

 

And then there was the boy who intrigued everyone.