The HunHan Breakfast Club Part 2

Roommates (dropped)

“Today’s activity will not only squeeze the creative juices out of us, but also challenge our stealth abilities."

 

Lu Han was going to kill you. He’s been whining these past few days, ranting how you, he, and EXO haven’t eaten together for so long, and how he’s always left with Se Hun to go grab some bland food that can’t even come close to D.O.’s and Lay’s five-star cuisine. He got even more annoyed when all you gave him was a smile, and a glimmer of slyness in your eyes. You ran out the room, without so much as an explanation.

 

Needless to say, Lu Han was pissed. And you know he would decapitate you if he found out that you were having Lay’s specially-whipped Greek yogurt mixed with blueberries, raspberries, and almonds for breakfast. (Lay makes the best homemade yogurt; just saying.)

 

Regardless of his complaints, he had no choice but to meet Se Hun at the dorm lobby, and walk to the nearest café to get some food.

 

Now, here you were with the rest of the boys, listening attentively to Chanyeol as he explained what this morning’s club activity would be. It’s been a week and three days since the establishment of The HunHan Breakfast Club, and you’ve immersed yourself in a handful of schemes and projects aligned with the club’s goals.

 

Yesterday, you were split into two groups, and created posters and placards that would be used to support Se Hun in his upcoming dance show (the placard read ‘HanHan-hyung is proud of you! I love you!’), and Lu Han in his choir showcase (it read ‘HanHan-hyung, you are such an angel! Marry me!’). The other day, all of you were busy designing and putting up a fansite dedicated to the couple; you named it More Than Just Brothers. Today, you were all supposed to take photos of the couple as they marched alongside each other, headed for the cafe; these photos would be uploaded later on in the fansite, so that other fans would be able to see how real HunHan is.

 

“So we’ll be breaking into four pairs and a trio,” Chanyeol announced. “Noona and I already drew slots this morning, before the meeting. The pairs and trio would be as follows: me and Kris-hyung; Chen and Xiumin-hyung; Lay-hyung and Baek Hyun; D.O., Suho-hyung, and Kai; and Tao and Noona.”

 

“Yay, Noona and I are partners!” Tao exclaimed, immediately running to you after your pair had been called. “Noona, I’ll do my best!” he grinned, acting like a kid about to go on his first field trip.

 

You ruffled Tao’s naturally messed-up hair. “I know you will, little bro.”

 

You then stood up, grabbing the material you placed below the table. “To prevent us from being discovered by our targets, we’ve assigned certain locations per pair and trio,” you said, unrolling the Manila paper and sticking it to the board. On the Manila paper was an illustration of a map showing your dorm, the café, and the various landmarks Se Hun and Lu Han will more or less pass by along the way. You even drew stick figures of the couple, and, using dashed lines, marked the path they were going to take.

 

You got an unused spoon, and pointed at your visual aid. “Please do not judge my drawing skills; people anatomy are way beyond my area of specialization. Anyhow, the café is a ten-minute walk from here. Knowing Lu Han’s and Se Hun’s insanely slow walking speed combined, we expect a travel time of at least twenty minutes. We’ve assigned each team a station represented by these marks,” you pointed at the five, big, red dots you put on some parts of the map.

 

“Using the sequence with which Chanyeol announced the line-up, Pair 1 will be stationed here; you will be closest to the dorm. Pair 2 is here, then Pair 3, the Trio, and finally, Pair 4. Furthermore, Chanyeol and I have prepared walkie-talkies for each squad. Please use them to alert the nearest pair or trio of the couple’s whereabouts.”

 

“Thanks, Noona,” Chanyeol said, and you responded with a nod, then sat back down.

 

“Now remember, be as clandestine as possible. Hyung and Se Hunnie must never know of our existence as HunHan-shipping ninjas. However, don’t let the thought of hiding ruin the quality of the photos we’re about to take! And don’t forget, let’s all have fun!”

 

Chanyeol motioned for everyone to stand up. “Well then, I hereby declare that Operation: Stalk the HunHan Couple and Take Gorgeous Photos of Their Bromance—has commenced!”

 

~

 

“Pair 4, the Red Hawks are flying! Again, the Red Hawks are flying!” D.O.’s shrill voice sounded through the communicator, alarming you and Tao that Se Hun and Lu Han were nearing your station.

 

“Got it, over,” you responded.

 

“Noona, targets sighted!” Tao whispered to you. You and he were hiding behind a bush a few meters away from the approaching HunHan couple. You grinned at the ill-tempered look on Lu Han’s face. You couldn’t hear him from where you were, but you were sure he was ranting to Se Hun about how he’s been fed with mediocre food everyday since you started disappearing.

 

That Lu Han—he can cook, so you don’t see why he’s been enduring walking to the café and whatever nearby diner to eat breakfast.

 

“Hyung,” Se Hun laughed, “if you think that going to the café everyday is such a hassle, why don’t you just cook then?”

 

Lu Han pouted. “Because, Se Hunnie, it’s such a waste of energy. It’s stupid and troublesome to cook only for yourself. You invest like what?—at least thirty minutes to prepare the dish, and eat it in only five minutes. You might as well buy food, even if it’s of poor quality. ”

 

“Ouch, Hyung, why don’t you cook for me then? I’m hurt.” Se Hun fakes a pained expression, and points to his heart. Just in time, you take a shot of the couple.

 

“Aw, come on, you know that’s now what I meant! ” Lu Han’s face cheers up and he playfully slaps Se Hun’s shoulder. Se Hun reacts by smiling ear to ear, and wraps his arm around Lu Han’s shoulders.

 

Another photo.  

 

“Excuses, excuses, Hyung~ Just admit that you don’t want to cook if it’s not for Noona,” Se Hun teased, poking Lu Han’s cheek with his free hand.

And another one.

 

Lu Han shot Se Hun a venomous look, and lightly pushed his hand away. “Shut up, Se Hun. You’re disrespecting your Hyung.” Se Hun laughs some more and tightens his grip on Lu Han’s shoulders.

 

As the couple continued their sluggish walk, you and Tao smiled at each other.

 

“Aiiee, those two should just get married already!” you exclaimed, unable to contain your, as Lu Han’s fangirls call it, feels. Thankfully, your voice wasn’t loud enough to be heard by the couple who were now only a few feet away from your location.

 

“Noona, they’re doing something again!” Tao alerted you, and pointed at Lu Han and Se Hun doing some serious bromance: the younger was impishly squeezing the other’s cheeks, earning him a light punch on the arm. Lu Han then starts to tickle Se Hun, and they just stay there in that spot for about a minute or so, Se Hun constantly trying to stop Lu Han’s naughty fingers.

 

“Wow, they do this every morning? No wonder they’re so slow,” you said, but you’re not complaining. In fact, you’ve just captured at least twenty photos.

 

Finally, after what seemed like forever, and twenty more shots later, the two entered the café. Fortunately, they took a place by the window, so you could clearly see them; however, the glass emitted some weird reflection on the photos, and you were not happy with it.

 

“Tao, please ask Chanyeol if we should still continue shooting. I bet there’s going to be some action while they eat, but the glare from the glass window is ruining the photos.”

 

“Okay, Noona.” Tao turned to the walkie-talkie.

 

“Chanyeol-hyung, the Red Hawks have entered the Nest. I repeat the Red Hawks have entered the Nest. We are receiving glass window glares from where we are currently shooting. Should we also enter the Nest? Over.”

 

“No, no, that would be too risky. We’ve done enough for today. Good work, Tao, Noona! Over.” Chanyeol answered from the other line.

 

“Well, that’s too bad, Tao; we could’ve gotten more shots. Bu yeah, Chanyeol’s right, we might get discovered.” You turned your camera off, and placed it inside your backpack.

 

You smiled at Tao. “Good work, Princess Peach,” you praised him, and patted his head.

 

“Noona, you should call me Prince Peach!” he pouted.

 

“Someday, Tao, someday,” you patted his head some more, and chuckled at his childish behavior.

 

Then, out of the blue, Tao’s stomach started to grumble. Whatever feeling of approval you felt for your partner just a few moments ago disappeared, and it was replaced by shock and disbelief. Tao looked at you apologetically, pulling off one of his signature pouts.  

 

“Tao, we just ate breakfast.”

 

“I—I know! I’m sorry, Noona, but Lay-gege’s yogurt was too light!”

 

“Then you should’ve eaten the strawberry tarts he also prepared.”

 

“There were tarts? What? Why wasn’t I told?!”

 

Ah, crap, now you remember: Lay secretly gave three tarts to each of you, excluding Tao, because Huang Zi Tao on a sugar rush was not the best thing to put up with first thing in the morning. You sighed. “Never mind that. I guess we have no choice but to go the café, and get you some food.”

 

You cleared your throat, and looked him in the eyes. “Tao,” you said sternly, “Whatever you do, don’t ever mention why we’re there, all right? Leave the explaining to me. And act natural, is that clear?”

 

He nodded. “Yes, Noona; I’ll shut up, I promise!”

 

“Good.”

 

You scrutinized your surroundings first, and, when you were sure that Lu Han and Se Hun were not looking, came out of your hiding place, and headed for the pharmacy across the street.

 

“Noona, why are we—“

 

“So they won’t be suspicious, let’s pretend that we came from the drugstore, all right? I’ll buy some vitamins so we can use them as evidence.”

 

“Ah, genius plan, Noona.”  

 

After purchasing from the pharmacy, you and Tao entered the café, the bell on the door ringing to signal your arrival. You and he immediately headed to the pastry counter to avoid Lu Han and Se Hun. You took a quick glance at them from your peripheral vision; good, they were still busy eating breakfast. You also noticed the grumpy expression on Lu Han’s face as he chowed down his Chicken Cordon Bleu. You snickered.  

 

Oh, Lu Han.

 

“Um, hi, can I have a cinnamon bun?” Tao ordered.

 

“Of course, sir. Is it all right if you wait for a few minutes? We still have to toast the cinnamon so we can serve it you warm.”

 

“Sure! That’s no problem!” Tao enthusiastically answered.

 

“Will there be anything else, sir?”

 

“Oh, I want a frappe, too! How about you, Noona?”

 

“Nah, I’m good.”

 

“Okay! Noona doesn’t anything, lady! Do I pay now or later?” Tao hadn’t event tasted the cinnamon bun yet, but he was already jumping up and down. You smiled at how cute Tao was; even though he was older than Se Hun, he acted like a child more than the other, and was not afraid to use his aegyo every now and then.

 

“You may pay later, sir. We’ll be serving you your pastry in a few minutes, and your frappe in around ten, so please take a seat first.”

 

“Okay!” You and he turned around to find yourselves a table. As you examined the café, you realized that there was only one available: the one beside Lu Han and Se Hun’s.

 

“Ah, crap. Tao, why’d you have to order something that would need that much time to prepare?” you asked him as both of you slowly walked towards the table.

 

“Sorry, Noona; please don’t hate me,” he apologized, and, needless to say, you could hear how sorry he was for disappointing you.

 

You patted his head again. “How can I hate you?” you cooed, “It’s all right, really. Anyway, just don’t talk, okay? Lu Han and Se Hun will be beside our table.”

 

“Okay!”

 

The two of you made your way to the only free table, and as you did, you made eye contact with Lu Han. You grinned and waved at him, and he responded with a raised eyebrow.

 

As you and Tao settled yourselves, Lu Han turned to the both of you. “And why are you here.” Oh, boy, that did not sound like a question—Lu Han means business.

 

But you kept your cool. “Well, Princess Peach here hasn’t had dessert yet, so we stopped by to get some.” You knew your innocent smile irked Lu Han.

 

“Noona! I told you to call me Prince Peach!”

 

“And like I said, little bro, someday,” you wagged a finger at Tao.

 

Lu Han cleared his throat, and you faced him, a mocking smirk still plastered on your face.

 

You might as well have fun with all of this.

 

“Yes, Lu Han?”

 

He narrowed his eyes at the both of you. “And why are you with Tao so early in the morning?” Lu Han emphasizing three continuous words did not sound good.

 

But ah, there was that spark in his eyes again—that weird mixture of hostility and some strange emotion. Whatever it is, it sure would’ve scared the hell out of anyone. But you weren’t just anyone—you were his roommate, and seeing him express such a foreign feeling made you enjoy the whole situation all the more.

 

Man, you really loved to piss Lu Han off.

 

“Oh, that’s a secret. But if you must know, I had to buy some vitamins from the pharmacy across the street.”

 

“And may I see these vitamins you speak of?” he demanded, opening his palm out to you. You got your backpack, and dug through your things. A look of confusion and worry washed over your face, and you went into a frenzy placing random objects from your bag onto the table.

 

Lu Han smirked. “What, no vitamins?” he mocked,  “You’re obviously ly—“

 

You chuckled. “I’m joking, Lu Han! Here they are,” you pulled out the see-through ziploc bag containing the plastic bottle of vitamins, and placed it on Lu Han’s hand. “I got you for a minute there, didn’t I?” you teased.

 

Lu Han stared at the plastic on his palm, dumbfounded. Clearly, there it was: your vitamins. He clenched the poor thing, and abruptly stood up, slamming it against the surface of his table. The loud noise of his gesture caught everyone’s attention, as they all stopped eating to look at the commotion.

 

“Are you going to be gone again tomorrow?” he asked you, imaginary poison spilling out of each word. You’ve never seen Lu Han’s eyes so intense, so bloodthirsty.

 

“Yeah, proba—“

 

“Good. Because whether you’ll be there or not, I won’t be eating breakfast with you,” he said with such finality, such contempt that, for a moment, you thought you were talking with someone else. Lu Han took out some bills, and angrily slapped them down on the table. “Here’s my share, Se Hun,” he said, and hurriedly stomped off and exited the café.

 

You blinked.

 

Well, that was weird, but somehow, it amused you to see Lu Han express such hatred towards you. Lu Han was either sleepy or lazy; and when he was happy, the smile on his face still looked drowsy. Experiencing him show another emotion was an enlightening thing, and even if it was irritation that he exhibited, you felt a bit fulfilled because once again, you were the only one who can bring such expressions to his face.

 

Needless to say, you looked like a fool, smiling to yourself after Lu Han just embarrassed you and himself in front of so many strangers.

 

“Argh, that Lu Han-hyung!” Se Hun exclaimed. He stood up, and gave quick, little bows to everyone in the café, “Please, excuse my Hyung! He’s not in a very good mood today! We apologize for disturbing you! Please, do continue eating!” The customers went back to their dining without so much as a word, and Se Hun breathed a sigh of relief, but signs of weariness still showed.

 

“You’re not going to follow him, Se Hun? My roommate needs someone to vent out his anger on,” you suggested, noticing the tired look on his face. You pitied your little bro—being flustered and fretting over Lu Han’s tantrum should be the least of his worries, but in a situation like this, only he could pacify Lu Han’s rage.

 

“I’ll pay for you, don’t worry! It’s the least I can do for having my stupid roommate run off and leave you just like that.”  

 

“I—Umm..Thanks, Noona!” Se Hun bowed to you, and quickly exited the café to chase Lu Han and calm him down.  

 

“Noona…what just happened?” Tao asked, scratching his head.

 

“I don’t know, Tao. But I think we need to tell Chanyeol to make our club meetings once a week instead of everyday.”


Author's Note:

Hey, everyone, I'm back~ Actually, I've been home since a few days ago, but I needed lots of rest. We had to resched our flight due to family reasons, so I got back earlier than expected. But the trip was just so exhausting that I could not write for a few days.

:))

Anyway, the HunHan Breakfast Club is at it again! Damn, HunHan is just so cute >V<

And yes, some Tao moments here; sometimes I support TaoxGirl more than Lu HanxGirl. Maybe I should change the storyline? jk

:))

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! Also, the number of subs for this fic has increased over the past few days! Amazing! So let me take this opportunity to thank my new subscribers!

I have bad news: I may not be able to update as often as I used to because it's enrolment period. I'll be busy for the next few weeks; sorry