The Byun Baek Hyun Chronicles Part 2

Roommates (dropped)

Today was the day you were dreading: SNSD’s album launch. The thought of screaming fangirls and fanboys disturbed you, but even more than that was the amount of (or lack thereof) space you would be able to occupy when you get there.

But you promised Baek Hyun, and you will not be able to live with yourself if you break it. And as soon as your alarm went off, you woke up immediately, performed Method # 47 on Lu Han, then hurried to take a bath and prepare yourself for the sea of people that you will witness later on.

Lu Han groggily followed you to the dorm lobby where you and Baek Hyun would be meeting. He really hated waking up this early, but you insisted (more like blackmailed) he tag along because you needed support in case you start to hyperventilate, or worse, vomit and faint.

Baek Hyun is already at the lobby, sitting on the leather couch. You were shocked; you check your watch and see that you and Lu Han are just on time. Baek Hyun, on the other hand, must’ve been there for half an hour already. He jumps up as soon as he sees you and Lu Han, and approaches the two of you like a little puppy whose master has just come home.

You kind of pictured him with a wagging tail, actually.

“Noona! Hyung!” he greets the two of you, and you notice everything SNSD that he is wearing or holding: a fan, three ballers, a lanyard with a photocard attached to it, shoelaces, and you were pretty sure he also had SNSD socks underneath those sneakers. “Are you excited?! Are you excited?! Well, I am!” he says, as if it wasn’t obvious enough. 

You laugh heartily at him. “We know you are, dude.”

“Yah!”  Lu Han scowls,” Why do we have to go there so early? Doesn’t the launch start at 10? It’s only 8, and we’ll be arriving there at around 8:30.”

“Believe me, Hyung, over a thousand fans will be attending. We have to go there now if we want to be one of the first fifty! The first fifty will get more freebies and get a special edition lightstick!” Baek Hyun squeals some more, then ushers the two of you towards the exit. “Come on! Come on!”

Sure enough, Byun Baek Hyun was right; it was only 8:30 am, and fortunately, Baek Hyun was able to make it to the first fifty line, but by the time it was 9 am, the music store already has a line that extended for at least ten blocks. Thankfully, the organizers were orderly, and they made sure that there was no pushing nor rough-housing, so you still had space to breathe in.

You and Lu Han stayed near Baek Hyun. Said boy did not stop jumping and squealing, and you thought he really was a puppy.

“Chanyeol does say that Baek Hyun yelps like a puppy before going to bed,” Lu Han whispers to you.

Ah, no wonder.

When Baek Hyun finally gets his freebies and copy of the album, Lu Han grabs his wrist, and drags him toward the exit. “Come on, let’s go home already.”

But a booming voice stops the three of you.

“Attention, all SONEs! We are now officially opening the SNSD: Into the New World Tour raffle! Get a chance to win a VIP ticket and backstage pass to SNSD’s Seoul concert! Everyone is welcomed to join! Just come up here, and fill in the form!”

And suddenly, Lu Han is no longer holding Baek Hyun’s shirt as the fanboy rushes to the raffle booth. You, on the other hand, are frozen in your spot, your eyes bloodshot as you see the number of fans approaching you at lightning speed. As they swarm inside the store, you and Lu Han get separated. Your breathing starts to quicken, and your knees wobble. A few seconds later, you finally bend forward and hyperventilate. You try to push against the crowd, but they’re just too many. You want to punch and kick all of these stupid fangirls and fanboys, however, you’re too weak. All you could do was wait for Lu Han to find you.

Lu Han, in a state of panic, calls out to you, but his voice is muffled by the screams of the fans. “Hey! Yah! Get out of my way!”

He does a fast scan of the store, but he fails to identify your location. Realizing the possibility that you’re probably the only one bent down, Lu Han lowers his head, and finally finds a person whose right hand is on her knee, while the left is fanning anxiously. He struggles as he makes his way towards you; it was a painful journey, but he successfully arrives right in front of you.

Head still bowed, you see Lu Han’s red sneakers, and look up to gaze at his worried face. Feebly, you grab onto the hem of his shirt. “Get me out of here, dude,” you plead.

It must’ve been at least thirty minutes, but in reality, it only took you two minutes to eventually exit the store, and enter a mini-mart so you could calm yourself. Lu Han is about to go to the counter to purchase you a bottle of water, but you stop him, clutching onto his shirt even tighter.

“Don’t...wait…just…” you don’t finish your sentence because your breathing still hasn’t normalized.

Lu Han stays, and gently smiles at you.

You’ve always been tough, belligerent, and tomboyish. So when you sometimes look like this—defenseless, fragile, and delicate—he can’t help but think how cute you really are.

Of course, his own thoughts betray him when, minutes later, you finally compose yourself, and crack your fingers. You scowl as you watch the music store from the huge window; the sea of people still has not deteriorated.

“Those stans,” you seethe, ready to kill anyone who tries to violate you, “I will make sure that they will never be able to attend another SNSD album launch ever again.”

Inside the store, meanwhile, Baek Hyun is looking like a lost puppy, wondering where you and Lu Han went. He then remembered something that Chanyeol told him a few nights before:

“You know, those two have this weird relationship. You’ll find yourself questioning whether or not they’re just really roommates.”

Suspicious indeed. 



 

Author's Note:

Haha, a little "love" scene right there

:)) 

Now I just want to say that this account happened during your third year of being Lu Han's roomate, so yes, this is an event of the past. The chapters aren't in chronological order, so I was worried that there'll be lots of confusion. 

Also, I have no knowledge about SNSD's Into the New World tour :)) So, regardless of the concert's year, I just put it here; I had no idea what to title SNSD's tour, so I used that one instead :))

Anyway, I want to thank everyone who has supported this series since Day 1, and of course, I also want to welcome the new subscribers! I hope you are all enjoying these drabbles 8D

I'll try to be more creative and write better drabbles!

I also want to hear you guys! What do you want to happen in the future? Any scenarios you want to put EXO and the protagonist in?

 

Next chapter: You will never look at Lu Han the same way ever again.