Soul Mates

Roommates (dropped)

Lu Han was speechless, like a lump in his throat had formed, and no matter how many times he tried to cough it out, it wouldn't budge. And then there's that pleasant fluttering feeling in his stomach.

 

How unmanly, he told himself, but a smile was on his face, and he doesn't make an effort to get rid of the little butterflies. 

 

This is it; this is the sign I've been waiting for.

 

~

 

It was a Saturday, which meant no classes, which meant soccer with Xiumin!

 

Yay!

 

But Mother Nature has been on Lu Han's bad side the entire morning: the clouds have done nothing but spew out rain, and with the ground damp and the heavens in turmoil, soccer became only a dream. Disappointed by the weather, Lu Han locked himself in his and your room, and, having lost the will to do anything after his precious soccer had been taken from him, has been playing Temple Run nonstop. You, on the other hand, refused to be infected by his laziness, and ran off to the dorm lobby to play some pool with Kris, Chanyeol, and Baek Hyun. Kai and Suho were also there, and you promised them a game of Tong-Its after one round of billiards.

 

Ennui had overcome Lu Han after he beat his own high score, so he sat up, and decided to look through your stuff. Yawning,  Lu Han reached out for a random book on your shelf, but his grip on the thing was heavy, so all your books came falling down on your desk, some on the floor. 

 

"Darn it." Lu Han scratched his head, and started to fix your shelf, when a bright pink magazine caught his eye.

 

"What the heck, since when did she start reading these things?" Lu Han flipped through the women-oriented magazine, and chuckled at the feature titles: Look Hot at Summer Festivals, Five Trends That were Made for Date Night, Pamper Yourself Pretty, Bikini-Ready Beauty Secrets.

 

"What kind of articles are these?" he said to himself, laughing. To him, you've always been pretty, even though you looked like a dude more than he did. Love was blind, obviously. You didn't need to read any of this . After skimming through one of the articles (which he found crappy, by the way), he noticed a black post-it marker you stuck to one of the pages. Curious, he opens it to that page, and Lu Han receives the biggest shock of his life.

 

There, on that page, were the words How Do You Know if He's Your Soul Mate? in big, bold, hot pink letters. Now, the amazing thing about it was the fact that the multiple-choice quiz had been answered.

 

By you.

 

This is it; this is the sign I've been waiting for, he repeated, hoping that this could be the answer to your equivocal words, your misleading actions, your unreadable feelings for him. His heart starts to beat rapidly as he reads your answers.

What do other people say about you two?

            -Our friends think we make a great couple; and they constantly try to hook us up.

            When it comes to balancing and complementing each other...

            -We're complete opposites: I'm a morning person, and he likes to sleep in (or vice-versa). But they do say that opposites attract, right?

            Do you feel in sync together?

            -Totally; we more or less know what's going on inside each other's minds.

            Are there signs of compatibility you can't ignore?

            -Our addresses are close, and so are our car plates, our phone numbers...We practically live together!

            How perfect do you feel your guy is?

            -We started out as friends, and then best friends, until it grew into something more. Knowing that our romance budded from friendship, I just know we'll make great lovers.

            When we talk about our childhood...

            -We belong to two different worlds, but nonetheless, I empathized with him.

 

Lu Han couldn't believe what he was reading: this six-question quiz was the story of his and your life together. And when he saw the results, he wanted to soar through the sky.

Although it's not destiny, it most certainly is love.

The two of you may not be a match-made in heaven, but don't worry, it's still a good one. You bring out the best in each other, and everyone can see it, so there is still a chance that he could very well be your soul mate.You may have just failed to notice all the magical synchronicity announcing you were meant for each other.

 

"You bet your bottom dollar that she's failed to notice all those," Lu Han told himself, but it did not change the fact that he was a very happy camper right now. It wasn't the best result, but it told him one thing nonetheless: it was love. He knew the man you were thinking of while you answered this quiz could be someone else, but all evidence pointed to him, and so he can't help but feel satisfied--very satisfied.

 

Lu Han's heart swelled with bliss, and he wanted to run to the dorm lobby this very moment so that he could tell you how much he lo--

 

"What the hell are you doing with my material?" Ah, speak of the devil. There you were, leaning against the wall, your arms crossed. "And what the hell is all this mess? Lu Han, you have some explaining to do."

 

His goofy grin did not disappear as he stood up and showed you the bright pink magazine, still opened on that quiz page. "No," he purred, "you have some explaining to do. Look what I found~"

 

"Wipe that disgusting grin off your face, Lu Han. I have nothing to be embarrassed about." You seize the magazine and return it to the cover. "See this tiny name at the bottom," you bring the published material closer to his face, "This here is my classmate's name, meaning, this is her magazine. This is for a Psych project, you dolt."

 

"What?" Lu Han now puts on his cute, confuzzled expression.

 

"We're supposed to answer a quiz from any magazine, then exchange with our partners and conduct a psychoanalysis on the person based on his or her answers."

 

But the flame of hope does not extinguish, and Lu Han asks you who your partner is so he could get your answers from her.

 

You laugh, "Idiot. The requirement was to answer a quiz on any of your favorite magazines, so of course I chose to answer something in Men's Health."

 

Lu Han prays that Mother Nature strike him with lightning this very instant.


Author's Note:

Hey, everyone~

Okay, I want to put a disclaimer: the quiz I used above is, haha yes, an actual quiz I found online. I edited most of the answers to fit their situation, but...haha, I actually answered the quiz using those similar answers (I tried to be in the persona of the character), and got those results :))

Anyway~

:))

Also, I want to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am to everyone who has supported this collection!

Now, I know all of you kind of want to kill the girl for being so oblivious, but trust me when I say this: she's not.

Ohohoho, I'm so evil~

All will be revealed in due time...or towards the end of the series. But for the meantime, I want to write happy, carefree chapters, and focus on characterization and descriptive writing.

So, I guess Our Little Secret is the last of the drama...for now.

 

Once again, thank you all for your continuous patronization!

I love you guys so much!

<3