Out of Character

Roommates (dropped)

You did not know what came over as you stared at the object in front of you. You felt the soft fabric in between your fingers.

“Aigoo, it’s so smooth,” you mumbled, admiring the material’s texture and beauty.

“What are you doing?” Lu Han, along with Kris and Chanyeol, walked towards you; each of them carried a paper bag full of groceries. You quickly retracted your hand and shoved it inside your pocket. Flustered, you looked down at your dirty, old sneakers, and muttered, “Nothing.”

Your cheeks felt hot, and you shook your head.

No.

No way.

You can never wear something like that; something as delicate-looking did not suit you and your masculine build. Lu Han and the others would laugh at you if they saw how much you stared at the said article of clothing, such yearning in your eyes.

You slapped yourself.

What the hell was wrong with you? You hated anything like it. You preferred shirts and polos; you wore jeans and cargo pants; and you liked leather bracelets with spikes, combat boots and sneakers that were nice to run with, and men’s boxers that were made in different, amusing colors and patterns.

You slapped yourself one more time before running towards the three. You grabbed the grocery bags out of their hands, as if trying to prove to yourself that you were still one of the boys, and that wasn’t going to change just because you stopped and stared at something so feminine.

“I’ll meet you by the car!” you called to them as you rushed to the parking lot.

The three did not hasten their pace, and leisurely walked across the department store, passing by the mannequin they found you in front of minutes ago.

“Hey, Lu Han-hyung, Kris-hyung! Come here!”

Kris and Lu Han stopped, and went over to Chaneyeol, who was examining the mannequin up and down. “I think Noona was staring at this a while ago?” he told them, pointing at the mannequin’s outfit.

It was a simple floral dress: sleeveless, and with a button-up collar. It was medium-length, probably just a few inches above your knees if you were to wear it; and the skirt was just a normal, pencil-cut silhouette. The dress had an over-all country and vintage feel to it.

Chanyeol grinned. “What’s Noona so embarrassed about? This dress would look pretty on her!”

Kris turned to Lu Han, waiting for his response, only to have the latter staring up at the dress, probably imagining what you would look like wearing it.

“Yeah, she would,” Lu Han whispered, still mesmerized by the thoughts swirling in his head.

He would so get this for you.


Author's Note:

Well, so much for being feminine, ms. protagonist :))

And Lu Han, you and your imagination better calm down, dude. XD

Will we get to see ms. protagonist in that dress someday?

Maybe~

Anyway, thank you once again for reading, subscribing and commenting!

If you have time, drop a little comment. Reading your reactions always make me happy 8D

 

Next chapter: Lu Han on national TV is the funniest thing you've seen.