Conniving

Roommates (dropped)

 

Lu Han admired his work, turning it in his hand so he could scrutinize the details of his creation.

 

"Hyung, I'm really proud of you," Se Hun cheered, grinning as he watched Lu Han smile to himself. "Finally, after three and a half years of being desperately in love, you're making a move on Noona."

 

Lu Han pouted. "Se Hun, I am not desperate."

 

"If you aren't, then what are you?" Se Hun retorted, smirking at his Hyung.

 

"It is not mandatory to answer that question," Lu Han retaliated, turning his attention back to the collection of technicolored cubes in front.  

 

Se Hun merely stuck his tongue out, enjoying the feel of teasing his Hyung. Despite his ridicule, however, Se Hun really did feel proud of Lu Han. Here his Hyung was, finally mustering the courage to do something to have more alone (ehem y ehem) time with his roommate; to be in command and in the winning end for once. Lu Han had done nothing but pity himself, and now, seeing him actually doing something to change the current situation of his love life made Se Hun want to cry tears of joy.

 

(Sometimes, like now, he also wanted to punch Lu Han in the face to remind him that despite his Noona's masculinity, Lu Han was still the guy, and that he was just as manly--if not manlier--than  Kris or Kai.)

 

"Sure, Hyung," Se Hun mimicked, but Lu Han paid no heed to the cheeky maknae. "But I'm just wondering, Hyung: how are you so sure that this would work? Noona's really, absolutely amazing at reading facial expressions. She'll know in a split second that this is a trap. And well, Hyung, you're not exactly the best liar in this dorm..."

 

"Wow, after I've taken good care of you since high school, this is the thanks I get, Se Hunnie?" Lu Han clutched his chest in faux pain, looking somberly at Se Hun with his big, round doe-like eyes.

 

"You know it's not--"

 

Lu Han chuckled, ruffling his dongsaeng's nest of silky brown hair. "That will teach you to mess with me. Anyway, I've already thought about that, all right? You know how competitive she is?"

 

Se Hun nodded.

 

"Well, thing is, she's so competitive, winning will be the only thing that'll matter. She'll be too immersed in the bet that she won't even notice how bad of a liar I am."

 

Lu Han smirked.

 

"And how this cube is unsolvable."

 

 

 

Se Hun wished there would be, in the near future, an award for "Best in Making Schemes."

 

It wouldn't go to Kai nor Lay.

 

But to Lu Han.

 

(Although Se Hun knows that it was actually Lay who gave Lu Han the idea of doing it in the first place. And Se Hun knows that this bravery Lu Han is showing now is, unfortunately, only a temporary product of Lay's countless nagging, Kai's playful banter, and Se Hun's numerous encouragements.

 

But that's okay, because at least Lu Han is finally moving forward instead of staying stagnant for so long. It's not much of a "move" but it is something, and Se Hun is proud of his Hyung.)

 

 

 

God, just hurry up and marry her, Hyung.

 

Is Se Hun's last thought before he leaves the room to get some of Kyung Soo's cookies. 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello again, everybody~

God, the rain here in the Philippines is awful! I'm just thankful that my village has a pretty good drainage system, or else my family and I would have been submerged in icky flood water right now. Others, however, are not as blessed, so if you can, please do pray for those affected! 

Anyway, if you've noticed, this is a prequel to The Rubik's Cube Incident

And...HUNHAN IS IN THE HOUSE, EVERYONE! 

HOLA! 

(and it looks like Chen's not the only one influenced by Lay's mischievousness XD)

Now, you may be asking: an unsolvable cube? Yes! An unsolvable cube. You can take the cube apart and put it back using a different configuration, making it impossible to solve. 

So...Roommate, you're not as smart as you think, are you? 

:))

Also, lol at everyone now boarding the KrisMate ship :)) It was just a random thing I included, really. (because I think Kris is like the most gorgeous man on the face of the planet) 

 

And this ends my little note.

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!

Comment if you can!