Call Me, Maybe

Roommates (dropped)

 

"Dude!"

 

Lu Han stopped in his tracks, his eyes wide and full of fear. Here he was, walking with his blockmates to their last class, when he received a call from his roommate, or at least, that's what the caller ID indicated.

 

It's been a few months since classes started, and a little over that time since he moved into the dorm and met his tomboyish roommate. While the beginning of his school year was anything but pleasant, he and his roommate had finally come to terms with each other.

 

And, okay, he'll admit that he's gained a teensy-weensy crush on her. He totally did not see that one coming, considering they started off at the wrong foot (Lu Han didn't think he'd ever experience an all-out war during his lifetime, but there he was, fighting for his life and for his right--to the room.) But when he and she had agreed on a truce and on starting over again, things suddenly became different--in a good way. He discovered that despite her hatred for human beings, she was more than just thoughtful and put people before her. She wasn't as selfish as he had initially thought her to be. And behind her icy mask and her stone-hard eyes was a girl who found her place--a second home--in a dorm for guys.

 

Lu Han could say that all has been going well. 

 

Until now.

 

"H-hello?" he stuttered, his heart beating fast in anxiety.

 

This was not his roommate he was talking to. The voice sounded menacing, and too low to be his roommate's.

 

This was a stranger.

 

This was a stranger, speaking to him using his roommate's phone.

 

Was she...?

 

Oh.

 

My.

 

God.

 

"Lu Han--"

 

Lu Han shut down the call, slowly breathing in and out. His blockmates, after noticing that he had stopped walking with them, also halted, and turned to look back at him. "Lu Han, are you okay?" one of them asked.

 

"...I think my roommate was just kidnapped."

 

"What?"

 

Ring. Ring.

 

There it was again: your name listed on his screen as his phone rang. With shaking hands, Lu Han pressed the 'call' button, and gingerly brought the phone to his ear.

 

"Lu Han!"

 

That definitely did not sound like you.

 

"Who are you and what did you to my roommate?"

 

"...What?"

 

"Because I swear to God that I am not paying for her ransom money!"

 

And then he heard laughter.

 

"You idiot! Dude, it's me, your roommate!"

 

He was not convinced.

 

"I don't believe you. Prove it; say something about me that she should know."

 

"What the hell? Okay, fine. First, you sing in the shower every morning. Second, you have a huge collection of beanies; and most often than not, you like to wear the white one with colorful stripes and a pompom top," the voice listed, "Oh, and you sleep talk, but only when I speak to you first."

 

"I do not sleep talk! You are not my roommate!"

 

Lu Han was just about end the call when the person started shouting.

 

"What the hell, Lu Han? Yes, you do! And you also don't like it when people are on your bed! Lu Han, I can't believe you, you don't even recognize your roommate's voice! You want more proof? You are from Beijing, China; you came to Korea after elementary school, and have dreams of becoming an idol--at least, that's what Kris said. You moved into the dorm and became my roommate around three and a half months ago. At first, you couldn't believe that a girl was your roommate, so you--"

 

"All right, all right, I get it! You are my roommate!" he gave in, embarrassed at the amount of information his roommate was screaming. It was loud enough for his blockmates to hear.

 

"A-anyway," he composed himself, his face a bit red out of distress, "Why'd you call?"

 

"Some boy named Jong-in is here. Said he was your dongsaeng in high school?"

 

"Hey, Hyung!" he heard Kai laughing from the other line. "Your roommate's awesome! And I can't believe you sleep talk; I thought only Kris-hyung does that!"

 

Lu Han pouted, hoping that Kai and his roommate could somehow see it. "Shut up, Kai. And stay there, all right? My last class will be over in an hour."

 

He could feel Kai's boyish grin. "Sure, Hyung! I'll just be with Noona! See you!"

 

"See you." Lu Han finally put down his phone, and placed it in his pocket. He caught up with his blockmates, who smiled at him cheekily.

 

"What was that about?"

 

"My roommate."

 

"You look embarrassed."

 

"Shut up, all of you. Now let's go before we're late. Prof will have our heads if we are."

 

And as Lu Han, along with his blockmates, made his way towards the Music Department, he realized something that day:

 

His roommate had the iest telephone voice.

 

Ever.

 

Not even Chanyeol's nor Kris' voice could compare.

 

Not even.

 

 

He should call you later.


Author's Note:

Hey, everyone~

Thank you so much for congratulating me for my 50th chapter. I could not have done it without you guys! 

Huhuhu, tears of joy T.T

Anyway, I know some of you guys wondering just why the hell the protagonist has a camera and all, and I assure you, it will be revealed soon! 8D

And yes, this event happened when they were in their first year of college, and Kai was still in his first year in high school 8D I hope that it didn't confuse you!

Again, thanks so much for reading, subscribing and commenting! Thank you also to my new subscribers for giving this series a shot! 

Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

 

Next chapter: Kibum and Minho finally meet their savior.