Your Little Secret

Roommates (dropped)

Xiumin ran inside the room, carrying some wash cloth and a small pail filled with ice cubes. He kneeled in front of you, and wrapped a few blocks of ice with a piece of cloth. He was about to dab it on your bruised knee, but you stopped him, and flashed a queasy smile.

"It's all right, Minseok, I can do it." You got the improvised ice pack from him and tended to the large bruise on your right knee. The fresh bruise was as huge as your entire hand, and your discolored skin could have been the eighth color of the rainbow: a deep, disgusting shade of what seemed to be green and purple combined. Your damaged muscles showed as a cluster of magenta dots.

Your knee, however, wasn't the only affected area. You had bruises on both of your calves, your ankle was sprained, and your lip had popped, and blood oozed out of it. Your knuckles also showed signs that blood had already flowed out of it earlier on.  

Kris rolled his eyes. "This is no time to be proud, you stubborn girl. You need our help--bad." And just like Xiumin, he bent down and created some ice bags for you. You protested, but his action of wiping your lips with the cold wash cloth muffled your complaints. Xiumin handed you some more ice packs, which you gratefully took and used to treat your poor, injured body.

"Kris, Xiumin," you spoke after the giant finally decided to dab the damp cloth on some part other than your mouth, "Don't tell Lu Han, all right?"

They looked at you. "And what will you tell him? That you slipped and fell? Right, like he's going to buy that," Kris said, lightly knocking on your head.

"That has got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard, Kris," you managed to joke despite all the physical pain you were going through, "But come on, you know I can do better than that. I already thought of an amazing story. Now, listen up because the both of you are involved. I don't want you guys giving Lu Han some weird, stupid answer if ever he asks you." You gestured for the two of them to come closer (but not too close).

"All right, fine. We're all ears."

 

"Wow, I thought we were in college; how come you idiots are still acting like some stereotypical high school jocks, poking fun at someone you know you'll never be better than?" you mocked, crossing your arms and glaring daggers at them.

Buffoons--that's what they were.

It was a bit after sunset, and you were still doing errands. As you were jogging past the back entrance to the gym, you happened to hear a few nasty words about your roommate. You saw three guys, and honestly, you didn't even bother to look at their faces nor examine their build; you only needed to hear one thing: "I don't even know what girls see in him: he's so ing gay."

You leapt from your hiding place, and ridiculed them the way you did, provoking them, taunting them, saying that no matter how much they bad-mouth Lu Han, it'll still be him who gets the girl and not them and their sorry, pathetic selves. And when they retaliated, stating that you were such a tomboy and that you and Lu Han belonged together for being such homos, you tackled them to the ground and beat the crap out of them.

You struggled, of course, because punching, kicking, and wrestling with three guys was a big task for a single girl.

But you weren't just any girl; you were Lu Han's roommate, and there was a reason why you were put at the boys' dorm and not the girls'.

You tried to play as safe as possible, remembering that you were still on campus and that someone might see the four of you and rat you out. As you aimed for the buffoons' tender spots, you made a mental note to thank Tao and Baek Hyun later on for teaching you the concept of pressure points. You couldn't help yourself, though, and still hit a few areas you knew would be marked by bruises and cracked bones--you were angry, and you felt that it wouldn't be enough to just target their pressure points.

The last one of them was obviously the toughest. You wiped the blood off your lower lip, and cracked your knuckles which were already grazed after punching those buffoons who were all muscle and no brain.

"You're going down," you challenged, even though it was obvious who had received more hits. Your body was sore, and you limped a bit because you sprained your ankle during the fight, but you wouldn't let such trivial matters hinder you from going all out.

"See those two? I took it easy on them. You're a different story. I'll make sure you're in the hospital for a month." Then you sprinted towards him, and punched his face with all your strength. You tried to elbow him, but he caught it just in time. However, you did not give him the chance to twist and dislocate your arm, and since his grip on your elbow wasn't too tight, you took the opportunity and swiftly turned, grabbing his shirt and tossing him to the ground. You put your right arm against his neck, almost blocking his passage to air, while your left hand held down his legs. You made sure he was still conscious to hear what you were about to tell him.

"You just try saying the you said earlier, and I guarantee you that it'll be twelve guys and me that you'll have to deal with next time. Be thankful that I was being nice," you glower. "And just so you know, Lu Han's not some chick you can just pick up at the side; he can beat the bullcrap out of you three, just like how I did--maybe even more."

You pushed his neck further, choking him, "And you better not start crying and reporting me to the authorities, you hear? You just try doing that; I'll send you to the grave if that happens. You better not do it, understand?" you add more pressure, and he croaks out a weak "Yes...! I get it!"

You smirk down at him. "Good," you said, before knocking him unconscious.

Exhausted, you stood up and stared up at the sky which was already a periwinkle shade. You rubbed your temples; you spent too much time on the fight to notice the already darkening sky.

You sighed. Your errands could wait; you had battle bruises and wounds to attend to.

 


Author's Note:

Hello again, everybody! 

Wow, Lu Han, you should consider yourself lucky for having the most awesome roommate :))

Anyway, thank you again for reading, subscribing and commenting. I've been having a lot of fun reading everyone's comments! Thank you so much for supporting this series!

 

Next chapter: You can't believe you got dragged into another album launch by Byun Baek Hyun.