Weakness Part 2

Roommates (dropped)

 

"Noona~" both Se Hun and Tao drawled as they staggered towards you, flailing their arms haphazardly in their tipsy state. You stepped back, just in time to dodge their arms about to squeeze you in between them in a tight, affectionate, drunken bear hug. You watched in disgust as the maknaes attached themselves to each other, smiling, giggling and hiccupping all at once. Their sleepy eyes disappeared into crescents, and despite the darkness, you could see their porcelain cheeks dusted with blotches of scarlet.

 

"Noona~" they cooed again, rubbing their cheeks against each other's.

 

"Wo Ai Ni~"

 

"Saranghae~"

 

"Great, this is just great," you mumbled, examining the sea of dormers grooving to some club tracks.

 

It was ten pm, and you and Kris had just arrived after five hour's worth of studying at the library.

 

And the first thing both of you see is your precious little brothers approaching you, drunk and out of character, and a mass of irresponsible Hyungs who haven't even noticed the fact that there were undergrads sprawled at random spots in the lobby, on the study desks, by the pool table, and by the staircase.

 

Breathing out a sigh of "I guess it can't be helped," you strolled past Se Hun and Tao now on the floor, still hugging each other. "Kris, just make sure they don't crush each other to death" you told the giant before storming off to the kitchen, leaving to get some water and aspirin for your precious little brothers.

 

Pushing past the crowd of other drunk dormers who danced the night away, you finally made it to the open doorway of the kitchen, and peeked inside to find D.O., Kai, Baek Hyun, Chen, Chanyeol and some freshmen and sophomores passed out, their heads in between their arms as they slept peacefully on the table. You could hear Baek Hyun's soft, puppy-like whimpers and Chanyeol's happy, unrestrained snores. Kai's plump lips were tinted pink, and so were his cheeks. Beside D.O. was a shot glass of some unfinished alcoholic drink.

 

And even if it was an amusing sight to most, you were nowhere near delighted.

 

You left the kitchen, but not before patting the unconscious boys' heads, and bidding them a "Sleep tight, dongsaengs."

 

Moving quickly, you the big lights, ran to the stereo, and did something that definitely did not please the party animals: you unplugged it, destroying the wild atmosphere altogether. The dormers immediately stopped dancing, some dropping their bottles of beer on the carpeted floor. As the pungent smell of alcohol wafted through the air, they glared at you and you at them. But of course, even though you were the only girl in this dorm, you were the most terrifying.

 

A subtle squint of your eyes was all it took for them to avert their gazes from you.  

 

"You lot," you snarled, "I have no idea what's been happening here, but I thought we all agreed that whenever there's a party in the dorm, you won't go too far, hmm? And guess what? The freshmen are out cold, Se Hun and Tao are cuddling against each other, and I nearly died making my way to the kitchen. I don't want to be a killjoy, I really don't, but you're all being careless, don't you think? If the authorities find out that the minors have been drinking, you know that it's not just them who will get in trouble. All of us will." You narrowed your eyes, sending shivers down their sorry spines. "Now out with it; who gave them drinks? Tell me, and no one gets hurt," you threatened.

 

"Geez, relax, will you? Think of this as their first hands-on experience of what it's like to be in college. This is like their baptism!" Dong Woo reasoned, flashing you a sheepish grin. Even though Dong Woo wasn't much of a drinker, he was a party freak; he liked to dance and let loose, especially after a long week's worth of academics. "And besides, we're an isolated dorm, and the music's not that loud. There's no way they'd find out.'

 

You deadpanned at all of them. "Did you forget that it's the first Sunday of the month tomorrow? And you know what that means." You smirked. The first Sunday of every month meant dormitory inspection. And forty kids suffering from a bad hangover the next day would mean trouble for everyone.

 

In an instant, the party animals shuffled into different directions, waking up the unconscious undergrads, picking up the bottles of beer, and fixing whatever they could fix, as Dong Woo and Hoya began shouting commands and "Calm yourselves!" at them. From his place near the door, Kris waved at you, reminding you that Tao and Se Hun were still there, clinging onto his long legs.  

 

And for the umpteenth time in the entire fifteen minutes since your arrival, you sighed. "Maybe I should apply for dorm manager after I graduate," you mumbled to yourself before grabbing the glass of water and pills.

 

 

~

 

A few hours later, when the party was finally over, when the lobby has been tidied back to its immaculate state, and when each of the party animals retired to their bedrooms, you wrapped a warm blanket around the maknaes' sleeping frames. You and Kris were too exhausted--physically and mentally--to carry the maknaes upstairs, and decided, instead, to bring them to the couch.Still locked to each other, Se Hun and Tao slept without the faintest knowledge of what occurred. Kris, meanwhile, had gone off to wake the others in the kitchen. When he had emerged from the said area, a swarm of groggy minors following behind, he had in his hands a glass of juice and some medicine.  

 

"It looks like you'll be needing some aspirin, too," he said, setting the glass and pill on the coffee table. He sat at the other end, observing the intimacy between the Chinese and the Korean maknae. Kris unleashed a long yawn.

 

"You should go up and get some sleep, man. Our big test is tomorrow."

 

He looked at you as if you were crazy, his eyebrows furrowing in wonder. "You're having the same test tomorrow, you know."

 

You chuckled, ruffling Se Hun's coconut 'do. "Don't worry about it, man. I'll stay here and watch over Tao and Se Hun. They need someone to wake them up before the inspector comes."


Still not budging, Kris, sighed, messing his nest of caramel brown hair. "That Dong Woo, I can't believe he let our maknaes and dongsaengs drink."

 

"Well, that's what happens when the both of us, including Lay, Xiumin and Suho, aren't here to be good sunbaes," you replied, rubbing the nape of your neck. Unfortunately, besides the absence of you and Kris some hours ago, there were no Papa Suho, Responsible Baozi Xiumin nor Naughty Yixing to look out for the younger EXO members; the three were out due to either a class field trip or a seminar. Thus, that left--

 

"Wait, Lu Han. Where the hell is Lu Han?" you mused out loud, realizing that your roommate was neither part of the mass of party animals nor one of the those who were out cold in the lobby or kitchen. Your eyes twitched. "Lazy ; I bet he's upstairs, sleeping all his worries away while his dongsaengs are getting drunk." You were ready to give Lu Han a piece of your mind (and your fist), if not for Kris' huge body blocking your way. You looked up at him, defiance in your eyes. 

 

A tiny smile tugged on Kris' thin lips as he stared down at you. Your height has always been a contributing factor to the reason as to why people often mistook you for a guy. You were taller than the average Korean woman; however, compared to Kris' towering length, you were most definitely a girl.

 

And if you weren't so aphephobic and caustic, Kris would have ruffled your hair there and then.

 

(He would sometimes like to think that you were younger than he was).

 

"Calm down. We're all tired, and it's two am in the morning. You can dropkick Lu Han all you want later, but it's time to rest. And your head hurts, doesn't it? It's best you take some medicine before that gets worst. You wouldn't want a hangover when you didn't even drink, right?" Kris smiled sheepishly at you, and you frowned in reply.

 

"You know, Kris, despite your appearance and your reputation, you're just a big, motherly softy," you said, snickering as you sat down.

 

"That's quite funny coming from you.  Despite your hatred for men, you're fond of Se Hun and Tao."

 

You smiled, bringing the glass of juice to your lips. "That's because they remind me of--"

 

You don't finish your sentence, however, because the moment the orange liquid touches the cavity of your mouth, you black out, and fall headfirst on the coffee table.

 

Kris, meanwhile, merely stares at you, wide-eyed and frazzled. Finally processing what had just happened, Kris leaps up, and runs to the refrigerator to inspect what the hell he just made you drink. Taking a sip of the seemingly innocent orange juice, Kris' beautiful face blanches into a ghostly white.  

 

"Oh my god." 

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone~ 

And no, this is not another mini-arc. It only has two, at most three parts. And yes, this is Part 2; Part 1 happens in the past! 

In other news, what the hell just happened? Protagonist fainting? Kris becoming frazzled? 

AND IS THAT KRISMATE IS SEE?! 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

:)) 

Everything shall be explained in the next chapter! 

So stay tuned~ 

 

Thanks so much for reading, subscribing and commenting!

I love you guys so friggin' much!

And remember: comments are loved! 

 

P.S. And yes, a test on Sunday. Who the hell has a test on Sunday, you might ask? My friend. :)) She had her History test on a Sunday just last month. 

 

Tests on Sundays-->It's possible