Roommates

Roommates (dropped)

Xiumin wondered what the hell you drank when you suddenly appeared in front of their door, a backpack and a sleeping bag in hand.

"Hey, Min Seok," you greet with a small wave, "may I come in?"

"Um...all right?" he says, uncertainty lacing his words. You gave a small "thanks" and dragged your sleeping inside his and Kris' room.

It wasn't your first time in their room, but each time you were in it, the combined neatness of Kris and Xiumin always stunned you. In your and Lu Han's room, it was obvious who the perfectionist was. But this room proved that you could call Kris and Xiumin the Gods of Orderliness.

Unlike your room, their walls were painted a pale, cream color. You were amazed at how clean it still looked despite it being an easily-dirtied hue.

Their beds were identical with one another: same light blue comforters with matching dark blue pillows. The beds were on opposite sides of the room, and both had its own side table. Between the side tables was a floor lamp taller than Kris. Its lampshade had this geometric design you just loved, and when , the light emitted was yellow. Opposite their beds, meanwhile, were desks for each of them; both also had a gooseneck lamp attached.

Needless to say, their room was plain compared to the wild jungle that is your and Lu Han's room.

"Oh, hey, what's with those bags?" Kris asks you the moment he stepped out of the bathroom.

"Can I be your roommate for a few days?"

Kris and Xiumin looked at you as if you were mad.

"Okay, okay, I know this is a mad idea--"

"You bet it is," Xiumin comments.

"Let me explain. You know how all these girls like Lu Han but they never really confess to him?"

"That's because you always scare them away," Kris says, crossing his arms.

"Hey, I am protecting Lu Han. Anyway, last week, I told off this girl, yeah? And to my surprise, she actually confessed to him! I was walking to my next class using this shortcut that Lu Han and I often used, and guess what? I saw her confessing to Lu Han! You could see that there was fire in her eyes despite her shyness. Amazing!" you clapped, "Finally, I told myself, a girl who wouldn't let me get in the way! I totally approve of her dating Lu Han."

"That doesn't answer why you're here."

"Oh, right. See, she and Lu Han are classmates in Anthropology. Being the lovey-dovey lovebirds that they are, they're also partners for this one project. For the next two weeks, they'll be having a study...duo...date...whatever...in our room. Now here comes the problem: first and foremost, I refuse to be there, and watch them cuddle with each other. That's disgusting. Just thinking about the amount of skinship they'll be doing makes me want to vomit and flay my own skin. And second," your eyes softened, "Lu Han really likes this girl, dudes. She's shy, respectful, dainty." You return to your old, cold self, and roll your eyes, "Lu Han's type, you know? And since I actually approve of her, I wouldn't want to disturb them. So..." you grinned, "yep, I'll be your new roommate for two weeks."

"Wait, wait! Actually, we're fine with you sleeping here, but does Lu Han even know why you'll be gone?" Kris questions. He didn't need to ask you that; he already knew that whatever reason you gave your roommate, Lu Han wouldn't believe it, and would just know that you're actually doing this for him. Individually, the two of you were unpredictable, but as a tandem, and whenever it involved your friendship, every member in EXO could read your thoughts, and foresee what will happen.

"Sort of. I told him that the three of us had a project together," you laughed nervously.

Xiumin and Kris facepalmed. "You're usually a good liar, so tell us, just what did you drink to make you say something as humdrum as that?" Xiumin asks.

"I just--I actually don't know. I just said the first thing that came into my mind, and left in a hurry. Dudes, cut me some slack; the girl was about to arrive in fifteen minutes, so I had to leave immediately."

"All right, all right. You go and make yourself at home," Kris offers, and proceeds to help you unpack.

~

It was a day later when you heard quiet sobs outside in the hallway. The sobs soon disappeared, and you, Kris and Xiumin continued playing your game of Tong-its on your sleeping bag.  

"Woohoo, I win again!" you cheer as you set down your last card.

Xiumin grunted, "Kris, how can we keep losing to her?"

"I have no idea. I think at this point, only Suho can defeat her."

"Suho's that good? Wow, I'll challenge him when we see each other."

"I wonder who it was though--the one crying a few minutes ago," Xiumin thinks out loud as he was fixing the cards.

Before you and Kris could give any possible answers, Lu Han opens the door without even a knock, and stands there glaring at you, his arms crossed.

"Yo," you salute him. "How's your project going?"

"How's yours?" he retaliates, "Because last I heard, social science projects don't involve cards."

"What, we can't take some time off?"

Lu Han sighs, and unfolds his arms. "We broke up," he suddenly declares. All three of you look at him with wide eyes.

"But what about your project?" Kris queries.

"We'll tell the prof that we opt to do it individually; he allowed some of us, anyway." There was no trace of sadness nor guilt on Lu Han's face.

"You've only been dating for a week! Give the girl a chance," you say. "She actually had the courage to confess to you!"

Xiumin and Kris sighed.

Lu Han, you better work harder.

Lu Han takes a moment to look at the room and inspect where your stuff is at. He then glares at the three of you and commands, "Stand up." Xiumin and Kris obediently do so within seconds, but you stay seated on your cozy sleeping bag, looking stonily at Lu Han.

"You," he seethes, "stand up."

"Not until you say why you--Hey!" you jerk up because Lu Han abruptly grabs the sleeping bag from below you, and pulls it to him. He rolls it up, then takes your backpack, and picks up your pencil case, notebooks, and other school supplies which were placed on the floor while you were doing your homework. He dumps them into your backpack, and slings it over one shoulder.  

"Lu Han, what the hell are you doing?"

He stops at the door, his back facing you. "You're going back to our room."

"Tell us why you broke up with her," you demand.

There is a moment of dramatic silence.

"...It's not worth it when you're not my roommate," he states as a matter-of-fact, and quickly exits the room.

You stood there dumbfounded, until Kris snaps you out of it. "What are you waiting for? You heard him: you should return to your room."

"I...I...Ugh, that Lu Han!" you yell, clearly frustrated. You take your sneakers, and without putting them on, dashed to follow Lu Han.

As soon as you disappear, Kris and Xiumin start laughing to themselves.

"They should just marry each other," Xiumin says.

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello again~

This is probably the mushiest, fluffiest thing I've ever written. Sort of :))

I named this chapter "Roommates" because this account is the core, the heart of this series :)) This chapter emphasizes the importance of her friendship with Lu Han (or could it be something more? XD), and I wanted to show how much Lu Han treasures the presence of his roommate :>

And, as Xiu Min said, those two should just marry each other :))

By the way! Lu Han's girlfriend here may or may not be the girl in His Ideal. I gave neither a name, so it's up to you guys if it's the same girl; anyway, she gets dumped :)) (ouch, so mean)

Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!

Remember to tell me what you think!

 

Next chapter: A certain SNSD fanboy has finally found his soulmate, or has he?

 

Till next time!