Because Tonight is Such a Beautiful Night Part 3

Roommates (dropped)

 

Jolly laughter escaped your lips as you and Lu Han entered the small eatery. The air was much lighter, and the tension that had previously invaded the space between you and him was no longer there. It had already dispersed out the window and flied off to some other awkward couple.   

 

 "A tea house? Really, now, Lu Han?" you asked him in between chortles.

 

~

 

When he said that he had a certain place in mind, you had gotten the impression that it would be a five-star restaurant or the like--fancy cafes that served fancy food which fancy boys like Lu Han loved. He had helped you navigate your way through the shopping district, and you had started to wonder just where the hell he wanted to eat when you had driven past all the restaurants and entered a narrow road leading to some sort of Chinatown. Lu Han had given you no hints, and you had obediently followed his directions, piloting through sharp turns in the dark. Your headlights were the only source of illumination as there were no lamp posts lining the asphalt.

 

It kind of creeped you out, really.

 

But when you saw the familiar, lone restaurant standing amidst all the houses, its neon sign shining bright, a smile tugged on your lips.

 

~

 

Lu Han scowled at you as he folded his arms. "This place is special," he grumbled, pouting like a tantrum-throwing child.

 

"I know," you said, "I just didn't expect you to choose this of all places. You did say that you liked fine-dining."

 

He scoffed, bringing his arms closer to his chest as he stood indignantly. "Well, I changed my mind."

 

Another chuckle came from you. "I kind of see that, Lu Han."

 

And with that, you shot him a smirk before motioning for him to follow you farther inside.

 

~

 

"This is to celebrate our first month together!" you cheered, holding up a glass of iced oolong tea.

 

He grinned, lifting his own beverage. "We have officially survived a month of being roommates! I don't know how we did it, but we did!"

 

"The first few days were rocky, but I'm glad it happened the way they did. The best friendships don't begin the best, you know? They have to start somewhere, right?"

 

He nodded.

 

"Well then, here's to three years and eleven more months of being roommates, and, hopefully, a lifetime of friendship," you said, toasting your glass with his.

 

"Cheers!" you both rejoiced.

 

~

 

You smiled at the memory, remembering just how tiring the first few weeks were with Lu Han as your roommate. It was a unique meeting, and the days that followed were even weirder. Nonetheless, you found yourself adapting to these changes, and rather amused with the events that surrounded you and Lu Han.

 

You peeked over at him from your menu. Unintentionally, and by some of luck, you made eye contact with him, and you two stayed like that for a few minutes, simply staring at each other without so much as a word.

 

And when he could no longer endure the heat of your gaze, he looked down at his booklet, and shakily cleared his throat.

 

"I want dimsum," he weakly mumbled, drawing the menu closer to his face. Even with the thick booklet covering his ruddy cheeks, he could still feel your eyes piercing the bundle of papers and looking directly at him.

 

Lu Han swallowed.

 

It was not like the queasy atmosphere that had enveloped you during the drive. It was more frightful, as if you knew something that he didn't. He felt like his soul was being scrutinized and judged, unraveled and stripped of its protection.

 

"I want iced oolong tea," you said rather nonchalantly, finally shifting back to your menu.

 

Lu Han breathed a sigh of relief.

 

But then your words rang a bell in his head.  

 

Oolong tea?

 

He smiled.

 

"So you do remember."

 

"Of course I do. This place is just as special to me. I've never forgotten, and I never will." You put down your menu, and his as well.

 

You met his eyes for the second chance that night, but this time, you had wanted, intended to.

 

Lu Han shuddered, feeling exposed as your intense eyes penetrated the deepest parts of his mind, his heart, his core.

 

"How can that memory ever leave me, man? That was our first milestone."

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! I haven't updated in a while 3

Anyway, just a short drabble right here! The next part will be better, I tell you! 

Maybe.

Hopefully. 

:))

In other words, life . It rained super hard today and most classes were suspended, except for college. Does the government think we're waterproof or something? My favorite shoes got wet 3

 

That aside, I would like to stress the fact that because this fanfic is not a story with an actual plot, I don't consider chronological order a very important element. Anything goes with this fanfic :))

Futhermore, I know all of you just want the girl and Lu Han to get together already. Unfortunately, I can't do that (yet?). Originally, this fanfic was never intended to be of the romance genre. The premise was really supposed to be the protagonist's life as Lu Han's roommate, and her adventures with EXO. There's the LuMate ship, yes, but that was supposed to be only a sidestory. Somewhere along the way, however, I decided that...Lu Han and the protagonist were meant to be, but because I didn't want to let go of the "friendship" genre, I kind of incorporated the adventures with romance, so...haha. 

The product is this. 

:-)

Now I would just like to give you guys a BIG THANK YOU for reading, subscribing and commenting!

Please do comment every now and then. They make me happy :-)

 

Next chapter: Maybe the night isn't so beautiful after all?