Shopping

Roommates (dropped)

Myeongdong was filled with people—normal. But it being a Saturday, the number of people doubled…or tripled…no, you were sure it quadrupled. Most of the shoppers were couples, with whiny girlfriends hanging onto their oppas, begging them to buy this and that—couture brands that you couldn't care less about.

 

It was an amusing sight: Kris and Tao, with you following behind. Tao was enjoying himself, mesmerized at the amount of retail stores. He was giggling, and acting like one of the several chicks around. Kris—well, you couldn’t see his face, although you knew that it would be his cringing, almost-apologetic face—the one he uses when he knows Tao wants him to buy something, and he can’t afford it.

 

You, on the other hand, were a different story. You stopped and ran to the nearest store: a lingerie shop. You didn’t care, although it was pretty embarrassing; you just needed to be free from the swarm of people. You couldn’t breathe outside, so even if it was humiliating, you had to rush inside a lingerie store and calm yourself. You were panting, taking in all of the air that you could. Human instinct told you that survival was more important than saving face, so lingerie shop or not, you needed a place to breathe in.

 

Outside, Kris noticed that you weren’t behind them. He craned his neck, trying to look for you, when he remembered your claustrophobia. “Damn, she must’ve run inside a store or something,” he muttered under his breath.

 

Gege~ Can you buy me this—“ Tao was about to do his aegyo when Kris pulled him by the hem of his shirt, and dragged him towards their previous path. “What’s going on?”

 

“Notice anyone missing?”

 

Tao looked around, his eyes widening when he finally realized that you had gone missing. “Ah! Noona! Where’s Noona?” The poor Chinese maknae started panicking, afraid that his most precious Noona was in trouble--or worsekidnapped

 

“I don’t know; she’s probably in one of these stores. You know she starts hyperventilating when there are this many people. Start looking, Tao.”

 

“Ah, right, gege!

 

It was only a few minutes later that they did see you. Your back was hunched, and you were panting while holding onto one of the store racks. You were coughing, too, really hard.

 

“Noona!” Kris and Tao hurriedly entered the store and called you. You looked up to see them, but bent back down again, still trying to catch your breath. You were rapidly fanning yourself, your face red and tired from the burning sensation you could never grow accustomed to. “Noona! Noona!” Tao was making a fuss, waving his panicky arms around. Kris, being older and more rational, stayed calm, and took out a bottle of water from his bag.

 

“Here,” he offered, and you took it gladly. You gulped the whole thing down in one go. Moments later, your breathing finally normalized and you stood up straight. Still feeling a bit weak, all you could say was a soft, “thank you” to Kris. He smiled at you—that handsome smile of his that could make any girl melt (although you were an exception). “Sorry it took us a while to find you.”

 

You waved at him, “No, it’s…it’s fine,” you shifted your gaze to meet Tao’s eyes, which now froze; he knew you were going to be caustic and sarcastic and cold. “You had to prioritize our Princess Peach here,” you guilt-tripped, making sure to emphasize certain words to make the maknae cringe in disappoint with himself. Tao pouted, and you laughed at his childishness.

 

“Seriously, Tao, you’ve got to cut Kris some slack. Take me for example: I don’t own anything from those couture brands you love so much. I am an economical person.” You ruffled Tao’s hair. 

 

“All right, all right, I promise to cut costs.” The both of you heard a sigh of relief from Kris.

 

“Oh, welcome!” The lady-clerk approached the three of you. You looked beyond her to see a few customers; she was obviously busy accommodating them to have seen your little panic attack. “Sirs, are the three of you here to buy some lingerie for your girlfriends?”

 

…What?

 

“Listen, lady, I…I’m a friggin’ gi—“

 

“Yeah, actually, this one here needs to buy something for his girlfriend,” you looked up and saw Kris grinning at you. You turned to Tao who was also smiling mischievously.

 

“Wait…wait, you’ve got it all wrong. I don’t have one because I’m—“

 

“Come on, don’t be shy; it’s almost your anniversary…with LuLu.”

 

Kris Wu, I will make sure that you will not live to see another day.

 


Author's Note:

Hello~ I just wanted to say thanks to those who read this collection of random drabbles :)) I updated Chapter 1; I added some parts to the "criteria" dialogue, plus, a "bonus ending"

Okay, now I think I need to explain something: Tao calls you "Noona" but he calls Kris "Gege" instead of "Hyung" This is because you are Korean, so he wanted to call you something you're familiar with. Furthermore, the official languge the characters are using is Korean. Let's just pretend that Tao is extremely fluent at Hangul.

Lastly, comments are very much appreciated! Thanks~