Talk to Me

Roommates (dropped)

 

 

Se Hun approached you, holding a sheet of paper and a yellow pencil. “Noona,” he called, “Can you help me with my homework?”

 

You glanced up from your lonely game of solitaire; Suho, Chanyeol and Kai—your usual Tong-its buddies were currently out, buying some groceries. Se Hun’s confused, begging face looked down at you, beckoning you to stand up and help him. You got up and took the paper from his hand, scanning through its content.

 

“You’re already in this level of English, huh, Se Hunnie?” you commented.

 

“Is that a bad thing or a good thing, Noona?” he asked you, tilting his head.

 

You chuckled at his adorkableness and ruffled his hair. “It’s a good thing, of course. This is a pretty high and difficult level; it’s no wonder that you’re having such a hard time.”

 

He sighed in relief, happy to hear that from you. “Awesome!”

 

“But aren’t all First Years supposed to be taking conversational English?”

 

He shrugged. “My prof likes to incorporate grammar lessons every now and then.”

 

“I see, I see. Grammar is important, especially in a language as technical as English.”

 

You sat down on the couch, and you gestured for him to follow. He did as you had signaled, and you held the paper in between the two of you. “Now, tell Noona which part is causing such a big problem for my little brother.”

 

“Umm…This one!” he pointed at a paragraph with a lot of blanks. His task was to supply the correct prepositions.

 

“Ah, this is quite tricky. I’m assuming you have a list of English prepositions and their functions?”

 

He thought for a while, looking intently at his worksheet. “Oh!” he said, an epiphany hitting him head-on, “I do, I do! Let me just get it!” He rushed to his room upstairs, and came down a few minutes later, carrying his entire filecase.

 

“This one!” he cheered, pulling out a cream-colored sheet of paper.

 

“That’s good. Now, Noona will give you a tip: it helps to read the sentence out loud since it makes the image more vivid. You know how when you just silently read something, it takes a moment to process and visualize what it’s saying?” Se Hun nodded. “It’s the same, even in English. But just to help you some more, here,” you got his pencil and started doodling on his table of prepositions, “So you won’t forget. I hope these illustrations will help you!”

 

Se Hun smiled at your drawings. “Thanks, Noona! They sure will!”

 

“Okay, now that that’s done, let’s get back to your actual homework. Let’s do the first sentence. Say it with me, Se Hun.”

 

The crying child left his blanket blank the table.”

 

“Whoah, Noona! Your accent sounds awesome!” he exclaimed, surprised to hear your American English.

 

“Why do you look so shocked? Didn’t Lu Han tell you that I had studied abroad in the past?” Se Hun was, after all, Lu Han’s most trusted confidante, so you presumed that your roommate had already divulged that piece of information about you.

 

He rubbed his neck. “He did, but it’s my first time to actually hear you speak in English. I didn’t realize that your pronunciation would be that good. Do you and Kris-hyung often hold conversations in English?”

 

Amused laughter left your lips. “No, we don’t. He probably doesn’t even know I'm fluent. I’ve only revealed it recently, you know that.”

 

“You should’ve said it sooner, Noona,” he grinned, “Because I like your accent when you say things in English. You sound suave, and hot, I daresay.”

 

You blinked, a bit startled at Se Hun’s brave, little confession. But then you shot him a smile and ruffled his mushroom bob. “Thank you, Se Hun, and I think your lisp is cute.”

 

You chuckled at his red face.

 

“Noona,” he mumbled, covering his face with both hands, “I told you not to bring that up.”

 

“I’m sorry, I just had to,” you cooed, taking his wrists and removing his long, slender fingers from hiding his embarrassed visage. “No need to be shy to Noona, little bro.”

 

You were just so fond of him, particularly because he reminded you of Taemin. However, that wasn’t the only reason you loved Se Hun so much. You still knew how different he was from your Taeminnie, and you appreciated all of his quirks, especially his lisp and his bizarre facial expressions.

 

And suddenly, he grinned—quite mischievously at that, as he began to conspire an evil plan in his head.

 

“Noona,” he said in a sing-song voice, “I’ll forgive you on one condition.”

 

“And what is that?”

 

“You let me record you saying something in English.”

 

“Challenge accepted,” you grinned.

 

How hard could that be?

 

~

 

“Se Hun, I demand that you open this door this instant!” Lu Han shrieked from the hallway as he furiously banged on Se Hun and Kai’s door.

 

The door creaked open, and Lu Han found himself face to face with a drowsy Jong-in. Kai had just finished showering, evident from the towel that hung on his shoulders and the wetness of his shiny, black hair.

 

“Hyung,” he drawled, “What the hell? It’s already 11 pm; some people are already sleeping, but thanks to your loud antics, they're probably wide awake right now.”

 

“Don’t patronize me, Jong-in,” Lu Han seethed, “You just took a shower. Now, let me in; I have to talk with your roommate.”

 

Lu Han pushed his way past Kai, and violently shook the slumbering maknae until he was awake. “Oh Se Hun, you have some explaining to do!” Lu Han yelled.

 

The maknae shot up, his eyes wide and perturbed.

 

“Hyung? Hyung, what the hell is going on?”

 

“This! This is what’s going on!” Lu Han took out his phone and shoved it in front of Se Hun’s face.

 

“You put my phone in ‘Normal’ when it was supposed to be on vibrate, and changed the message tone without my permission. Guess what, Se Hun? It rang, it ing rang. And it rang so loud that my professor stopped his lecture and everyone, including him, laughed at me. And did I mention that my class was in an auditorium?”

 

He gave Se Hun a death glare.

 

“Thank you, Oh Se Hun. Thank you. So. Much.”

 

“Se Hun, what the hell is Hyung talking about?” Kai asked, rubbing his eyes and sitting down on his bed.   

 

Se Hun impishly beamed at the both of them. “This, Jong-in.” He quickly snatched Lu Han’s phone, and played the message tone.

 

 

“Hey, babe. You look so damn fine tonight.”

 

 

It was your deep voice in y, ing English. 

 

 

Se Hun knew just how much Lu Han loved your voice.


Author's Note:

Hello, there, everyone! Sorry for not giving a lot of updates. Last week was really busy...and, unfortunately, this week is, too. 3

Anyway, just a little drabble here! The next chapters would go back to the arcs, because I have to start wrapping them up :)) 

AND OH DANG EVIL SE HUN IS EVIL~ 

In other news, I put two new chapters in Countdown! Be sure to check them if you want to know a little bit about the protagonist's past! 

Again, thank you so much for reading, subscribing and commenting!

Comments are appreciated!

 

Till next time!