The Byun Baek Hyun Chronicles Part 1

Roommates (dropped)

There was nothing wrong with a boy fanboying over So Nyuh Shi Dae. It just goes to show that he is a perfectly healthy boy with perfectly healthy hormones.

Byun Baek Hyun is one such boy. The first time you met, he smiled so wide at you, it scared the hell out of you. And his first question was, "Are you excited for the release of their new album?! Lu Han-hyung told me you were an SNSD fan!"

You gawked at him.

"Don't be shy! There's nothing wrong with a guy liking SNSD, right?" he says. He reaches out to pat you on the shoulder, but just before he places his hand on you, you grab his wrist and twist it.

"Don't touch me, you SNSD stan," you threaten him, eyes piercing his entire being. Baek Hyun cringes in pain, and you tighten your hold on him, and twist his wrist some more.

"O-ow! Let go!" he yelps, and you give the boy a chance and do so. You take your handkerchief, and wipe your hand to get rid of that weird sensation you felt after holding Baek Hyun's wrist for too long.

"Hyung! Your roommate's scary!" he whines.

You glare at Lu Han this time, and you see that he has his sleepy, saccharine face—the­ one he puts on whenever he plays innocent.

"Oh, so you tell your friend here that I like SNSD, but forget to tell him that I'm aphephobic?"

Lu Han smiles goofily at you, but you know he's faking it. "It must have slipped my mind~"

"What's aphephobic, Hyung?"

"Fear of or hatred towards touching."

"Oh...So that's why he did that. No worries! It was just a defense mechanism, right? I won't touch you next time. But I hope it doesn't hinder us from being friends!"

This SNSD stan is too happy for your liking, but that's not what bothered you. Your ears perked up at the mention of the pronoun used to refer to you.

"Lu Han, you tell him I'm an SNSD fan, but you forget to tell him that I hate touching, and that I'm a girl?"

He answers you the same way, "It must have slipped my mind~"

You dropkick him. 

And while Lu Han kneels down, rubbing his ribs, you turn to Baek Hyun. "Sorry for all the crap my roommate put you through, Baek Hyun, was it?" He nods slowly, peeking at Lu Han who is in utter misery. You point to yourself and grin, "Hi, I'm Lu Han's roommate; I'm a girl, and sorry to disappoint you, dude, but I don't like SNSD."

Baek Hyun clearly looks disappointed. No one in EXO was man enough to go with him to the album launch, but he knew that they all liked SNSD.

"It's embarrassing!" they told him.

Those losers, only real men would go.

He's been downtrodden these past few days, so when Lu Han told him that his roommate was also a SNSD fan, Baek Hyun waited no more, and immediately came knocking to meet you. And so here he was, hoping to finally meet a guy-friend who was willing to fanboy over SNSD with him.

But tragedy strikes, and it just totally breaks his heart.

"Ah..." you mumble, a bit helpless as you look at Baek Hyun's depressed state: slumped shoulders and a puppy-dog pout. So you do the only thing that you could in order to cheer him up.

"If it's any consolation, I'll still go with you to that launch. Think of it as an apology for almost injuring you." You wanted to hit yourself and take back those words, but it's too late. Baek Hyun's expression literally brightens up, and it's like not even 10 pm because your room suddenly looks happier and  dazzling.

"Really?! Thanks! Lu Han, your roommate's the best! Aww, now I wish she were my roommate instead! I'll treat you to lunch, too!" He starts spazzing, rejoicing over the fact that he finally has someone to go with. You smile at his silliness; boys who aren't afraid to show a little bit of gayness always impressed you.

"Oh, since you'll be coming with me, I better introduce you to the members of SNSD! If you'll excuse me, I'll just get something from my room!" he bows, then merrily skips out.

You then hear laughing. Lu Han is still kneeling on the floor, holding his stomach as he chortles. "I can't..." he laughs some more, "I can't believe you're going with Baekhyun to an SNSD album launch! You hate SNSD! Oh, this is rich!"

You dropkick him again, and this time, he falls flat on the floor. "Just stay down, Lu Han. Don't forget that this is your fault." 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello, everybody! 

Baek Hyun is such a cutie, but even he is no match for Lu Han's roommate :)) 

And poor boy, his wrist almost got broken! 

 

Anyway, The Byun Baek Hyun Chronicles is going to be like a mini-series within this series! So, yep, there'll be more where that came from! 

By the way, I want to thank everyone who commented, read, and subscribed! Thank you so much for the love! :)) 

 

Now, someone asked why the protagonist is scared of crowds, well, I can't answer that right now, and I'm not really sure if I'm ever going to reveal it 

I guess, some people are just born that way

XD

 

Next chapter: Lu Han confronts you about what you've been doing to scare off his potential girlfriends. 

 

OH SNAP, there's gonna be some fail drama again!