Breaking the Habit

Roommates (dropped)

It's been a few months since your freshman year started, and you found yourself having the best time of your life. At first, of course, it was extremely difficult for you to socialize and meet new people, but once you adjusted to the hectic schedule, to the environment, and to the fast-growing friendship you had with your roommate, you realized that college wasn't so bad.

Through these weeks, you were able to know more about your roommate, and you discovered just how strange he really was: he would answer you in his sleep whenever you'd talk with him, he has this huge collection of beanies, he hated waking up early, and oh, he would sing in the shower (you didn't mind though, because his voice was actually really good).

You also met some of his friends from high school: Wu Fan (although he insisted that you call him 'Kris'), Min Seok (or 'Xiumin'), and Joon Myun (whom they all called 'Suho'). How you met them was awkward, funny, and amusing—but that's a different story.

Now, here you were, walking back to the dorm after your last class had ended. You felt proud of yourself: you were sure you aced that test; after all, you pulled an all-nighter, and studied in the library the whole night. You haven't even slept a single wink.

Each step you took was heavy, and your vision was starting to blur. You yawned a few times. "No, no!" You slapped yourself, "Wake up! Come on, dude, just a few more meters away from your heavenly bed. Don't fall asleep in the middle of the hall!"

You pushed with all your might, and trudged to your room. And suddenly, your body just gave in.

"Ah, screw this; I don't have enough strength to climb up to my bed," you mumbled, and fell onto Lu Han's bed.

You knew he'd kick you off, but you didn't care. Your body couldn't take it anymore, and you needed sleep. And as you drifted off to LaLa-Land, you couldn't deny how pleasant the scent of his bed was. The smell of roses brought a smile to your face; you were going to sleep well.

Lu Han, Kris, and Xiumin just came from the near-by convenience store, and they were happily chatting with each other as they walked back to your room. Lu Han was too preoccupied telling some weird story, he didn't even notice you lying on his bed when they entered.

"Anyway, yeah, my roommate is kind of—"

"Hey, Lu Han," Kris interrupted him, pointing at your almost lifeless body.

Lu Han turns to wherever Kris is pointing, and sees you sleeping on his bed. He glares at you, and walked towards your unconscious self. He looks down at you, a killing intent evident in his eyes.

"Whoah! Lu Han, don't tell me you're going to kick her out!" Xiumin said.

And all of a sudden, Lu Han breaks into a smile. "No; I'm not that mean, you guys." He reached for your blanket on your bed, and puts it on you. Lu Han doesn't know why he did that, he doesn't know why he let you sleep on his bed, but it probably has something to do with the bizarre sensation in his stomach, and your current vulnerability (this is the first time he's seen any form of weakness on you).

Kris and Xiumin, meanwhile, looked at each other, and smiled knowingly.

This was the beginning.


Next chapter: The HunHan Breakfast Club is up to something mischievous again.

 

Plus, Lu Han storms out after seeing something he doesn't approve of.