Farewell for now

Roommates (dropped)

Hello, everyone! It's been a long long while, and I owe you all so so much, but I think everyone saw this coming: I'm dropping Roommates. 

 

 

Where do I even begin? 

 

I started Roommates when I had just graduated from high school. At that time, I wanted it to be a light-hearted rom-com that was fashioned after a sitcom. I didn't know how long it would be, how it would end, and how it would be received. I had never published any of my works, and truth be told, I didn't think I was much of a writer since I had also lost the passion to read. And so when comments started pouring in, I was really really happy because people actually enjoyed what I had written.

 

Along the way, I had added more characters, rewrote some stuff, changed some characterization, etc. etc. And comparing the latest chapter with the first, a lot of things have changed. And that's a bad thing, because I wasn't consistent.

 

By the time I was in my second year of college, I already knew how I wanted Roommates to end. I even had a sequel already in mind. But I didn't know what to or even how to write what was in between. I didn't know where I was heading. I had planned on rewriting Roommates, to see if I can improve it and hopefully lead it to the ending that I wanted, but with everything going on with my life and with EXO, I guess I just lost it. :( 

 

Truth be told, I want to start writing again. But I don't think I would be touching Roommates or its spin-offs anytime soon. To be honest, I've also lost interest in EXO, ever since they started falling apart. How Luhan, Kris and Tao left severely affected me, because, honestly, I was very disappointed. I wanted to believe that they left for health reasons, but in only just a few months'--even weeks--time, they were already making a name for themselves in their motherland. I guess all I can do is accept it. Life goes on.

 

I'm in my fourth year of university now, and I'll be graduating in a few months. It's been four years, and I just wanted to thank everyone for sticking with me through thick and thin. I don't know if I'll be producing anything new soon, but it would definitely not be related to Roommates. I would like to leave Roommates behind as my brainchild. Perhaps, I'll come back to it when I'm more mature and ready.

 

But this is goodbye for now.

 

Again, thank you for these wonderful years :) I hope that I was able to bring some joy into you guys, even if it's just for a while.