Protection

Roommates (dropped)

"I can't believe you! How can you do that? You're being too mean, too rude. I can't believe—“

 

You punch Lu Han to shut him up. He holds his swollen cheek as he stares wide-eyed at you.

 

"Now will you let me speak?"

 

He nods slowly.

 

"I'm protecting you, Lu Han," you bluntly say. "You have to understand one thing: they may be your type, but that hinders you from seeing past their shallowness."

 

"Shallowness?" he asks with difficulty, then rubs his cheek.

 

"Do you know how many times I get asked by one of your admirers? At least once a day, Lu Han; not a day goes by without one of your shy fangirls asking me for help. And you know what, I tell all of them the same thing: go and do it yourself. It might sound mean, but it is what it is: an encouragement. I'm actually rooting for them, Lu Han. Now, do they ever do it? They don't. One confrontation with me, and they go and forget their feelings for you. Do you know what this means, Lu Han?"

 

He shakes his head.

 

"It means that they're scared of me more than they like you; it means that they don't like you enough to endure seeing me. In other words, Lu Han, if they really liked you, if they really, absolutely wanted to be with you, then they shouldn't have let me get in the way. But thing is, they did; just the thought of having you around me scared them, Lu Han."

 

"Well who wouldn't be scared of you?" he counters, looking like a spoiled brat. 

 

Your face hardened. Your fingers twitched, and you had to stop yourself from punching his other cheek. Those words stung, but you won't let them affect your composure. "Are you still missing my point? Then let me frankly tell you the truth: these girls shatter so easily, give up so easily, Lu Han. You still can't see it? You still can't see how much pain you can possibly go through?"

 

You glare at his confused face. "The moment they break, Lu Han, you will break, too." You say no more, and exit the room. 

 

Despite how angry you looked, you weren't pissed; instead, you were disappointed at him. How can he not see it?

 

Lu Han doesn't follow you. He knows that you just need to calm down for a few minutes, and take your mind off things. He knows that you're not angry at him, that you're just upset at how stupid he's acting.

 

The truth is, Lu Han was happy to hear such words from you—to know that you were willing to do so much for him, even though you were being mean to those girls. He understood that your intentions meant well, you just had a funny (and very aggressive) way of showing them.

 

A smile creeps onto his face.

 

It wasn't proper to feel this happy when his roommate just stormed off like that, but Lu Han couldn't help it. He lies down on his bed, and chuckles. 

 

He'll apologize to you later, but right now, he felt light and carefree; he was overjoyed to know that you cared for him so much.

 

So Lu Han resolves to give it his best in the future.

 


 

 

 

Author's Note:

OH MY GOD, LU HAN, JUST TELL HER ALREADY 

:)) 

Well, so much for drama

XD

All right, I just want to make things clear about the something: the drabbles are not posted in chronological order, and maybe I'll make an actual timeline later on, but regarding the time frame of Protection, His Ideal, and Roommates, this is the sequence: 

(first) Protection-His Ideal-Roommates (last)

Okay, that was totally useless information, but I wanted to say it, nonetheless ;))

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know there's way more dialogue than narration, but I wanted to make this chapter direct to the point, and felt like putting so much description would just give all of the characters' feelings away. I wanted to make you guys think, remember? 

:-> 

Such an evil writer, never telling what exactly goes on inside of that protagonist's whacked-up head

Anyway, thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! I'm glad that everyone's having fun with the previous chapters!

 

Next chapter: You've fallen for Tao's Wushu persona.

 

 

Or at least, that's what Lu Han thinks. 

Stay tuned for more! And feel free to leave comments! They will be super appreciated~