His Ideal

Roommates (dropped)

"Um...Y-You're Lu Han-ssi's roommate, right?"

 

You arrived in the lecture room twenty minutes before the start of your class, and while you were relaxing and playing Temple Run (you had confiscated Lu Han's iPad), a girl approached you and asked the question.

 

She was a cute girl: long, brown, wavy hair brushed to the side, and kept neat with a shiny, pink ribbon clip; big, round eyes that twinkled; and a petite, hourglass body with long, gorgeous legs. She wore the kinds of clothes you would never give a second look at: a white blouse with frills at the bottom; a short, pink, pleated skirt; black tights; and high-heeled ankle boots. And from the way she was acting--fidgeting and playing with her fingers--you knew that she was a rich, secluded, shy girl.

 

Exactly, Lu Han's type.

 

"Uhh...Yeah, that's me," you answered, looking up at her with your dull eyes. 

 

"I...I...M-May I ask a favor from you?" she stuttered, bowing to hide her red face.

 

You knew where this was going, and you did not like it one bit. You deadpanned at her, showing your disinterest and silently praying that she got your message and backed off. "You want me to give him a letter, right? Or is it chocolates? No, wait...concert tickets. You want me to invite him to watch a concert with you?"

 

You hated it--being treated as merely Lu Han's roommate. But it wasn't just that. It was the thought that they saw you as a doorway leading to him, and they always forgot that you hated being talked to, approached, and befriended. 

 

She stood straight, and it was evident that what you said was right. "I--umm...well...that is..."

 

"Listen, girl, if you really like Lu Han, you would be giving those to him personally." 

 

You said it with such contempt, such spite that the poor girl looked like she was about to cry. Her body quivered, and her fidgeting increased. She gave one, quick, tiny bow, and ran off to another room.

 

You sighed exasperatedly, and "tsk"-ed. 

 

You did it again. You regret nothing, however, because you hated this. You hated everything about it. 

 

Lu Han liked shy, quiet girls. The fact that she had to ask you to give something to him verified that she was too timid to present it herself (most of the time, anyway).

 

And with you scaring her off like that, she would never be able muster the courage to go and confess to him. You just knew; it always worked like that. It happened often: some shy, awkward girl would ask you to give him something, and you would answer the way you just did. A few days later, you would question Lu Han whether or not a girl confessed to him, and he would say "No."

 

Lu Han wouldn't lie to you, and even if he did, you would notice.

 

It always worked that way. And you knew why: while those girls would love to be with Lu Han, the thought of having him near such a misanthropic girl like you scared them. You thought they were stupid; if they really did want to be with him, then your presence shouldn't be a bother.

 

You hated it more--Lu Han's ideal type.

 

They were the harmless introverts, but that's exactly why you disliked them. They were so fragile, it wouldn't take a punch to shatter them.  You didn't want any more of those girls breaking your roommate's heart. 

 

But the truth remains: Lu Han would've liked her, and all those other girls who asked the same from you in the past.

 

And you hated that the most.

 


 

Author's Note:

OH SNAP, some fail-drama/angst right there!

 

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the readers who want some serious romance in this collection. Something's wrong with me: I just can't write direct and fluffy romance that will make your heart flutter :)) It's fun to write it in a subdued manner so that the readers will take it upon themselves to interpret how the protagonist feels. Let my writing stimulate your brains~

 

:))

 

Anywho, thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting, guys!

 

Again, let me hear what you think about my writing! How do you interpret the protagonist's hatred towards Lu Han's type? If you have any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to clear things up!

 

Next chapter: Let's dig deeper and find out a little bit more about Lu Han's job! (like a teensy tiny wee bit more :)) )