Legacy

Roommates (dropped)

 

“That’s…”

 

“Us.”

 

“…You painted us?”

 

You nodded.

 

“Why?” he warily asked you, eyeing the illustration you created on the wide piece of wood. It depicted child-like versions of the two of you, drawn like something out of a children’s book—outlines sketched with a dark pencil, and painted with the whimsical colors of summer and spring. With your hands clasped together, your youthful alter egos ran through golden sprouts of wheat, the sun a blurry sphere of warmth as it set. The horizon was a streak of purple and orange, and the humble cottages and mountains behind the two of you cast a nostalgic glow.

 

“It’s our legacy.”

 

Lu Han raised an eyebrow at you. When he asked you to paint something so that he wouldn’t be staring at the boring planks of wood that became your bed’s skeleton, he wasn’t expecting a vibrant, phantasmic portrait of the two of you.

 

“So when the time comes that we have to move out, a part of us will always be here. It’s kind of weird for me to think about leaving since we’re only in our second year, but time flies by so fast, you know? And without realizing it, we would find ourselves finally going our separate ways.”

 

You grinned. “Plus, it’s for our successors to know the bond that we shared, that they may experience the same.”

 

A beautiful smile spread across his beautiful face, and he gazed at your painting with admiration, letting his fingers brush against the smooth surface of the wood.

You didn't know how much your words described his own feelings.

 

“Now help me put it under my bed so you can start looking up at it.”

 

 

 

 

 

And as the two of you moved his bed out of the way and nailed the painting onto yours, a thought ran through your head, unspoken for him to never know.

 

This room is important to me because it’s where I met you, Lu Han. 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone!

Because I am too lazy to study, here is a drabble! I missed writing short chapters so much, so I went ahead and wrote one! :))

Anyway, that will be it for a while; I have readings waiting for me T.T

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!

Comments are appreciated, so please do drop a thought or two!

Till next time!