1 year 6 months

him and her.

CHAPTER FORTY.

1 year and 6 months after Jonghyun left for military service.

JESSICA POV

Its been exactly 1 year and 6 months. I shut my planner and placed it in my drawer. I stood up to sit back onto bed. I thought about what had been going on with my life. For a year and six months Ive been working hard at my fashion industry, I never contacted my Korean friends after I arrived, I didnt even have proper time to answer their texts. "Unnie!" Krystal opened my bedroom door and looked around until she found me. "Yeah?" I responded. Its been great having my little sister with me again, I could talk to her whenever I wanted, about anything. "Are you going to have dinner?" She questioned. "Im not that hungry." I smiled. "Oh, okay." "Are you alright? You seem really down lately." She asked. "Yeah.. I guess." I murmured. Krystal walked over to me and sat next to me on the cushioned bed. "I know you're not okay. Whats wrong?" She asked frowning. "I just miss Jonghyun." I explained. I really missed Jonghyun, I wanted to be in his arms, in his embrace. I wanted his hugs and kisses, Ive lived off a year and six months without them. "You'll see him in six months time unnie" Krystal said, trying to cheer me up. "But think about it Krys, you never know when my work period would end, it really depends on that to when I go back to Korea." I sighed. "It was a two year contract so you'll see him soon enough, dont worry unnie." She smiled. I smiled back. "Are you sure you dont want to have dinner? Mum made your favourite?" She asked. "Im alright thanks." I smiled. She cooly nodded and exited the room. I grabbed my phone which was sitting on my desk, and bounced back on my bed. My lock screen was still the picture of me and Jonghyun, just smiling brightly. I really missed it. I entered my passcode and the device went straight to my call log. I should call Yuri or Sooyoung shouldnt I... I took a deep breath and dialled Yuri's number, knowing that Sooyoung would definately not answer. 

Yuri: Hello? Jessica?
Me: Hey Yul, its me.
Yuri: SICA YOU HAVENT CONTACTED ME FOR A YEAR AND SIX MONTHS -Shut up Yul Jonghyuns here- 

I heard another voice tell her. Jonghyun..?

Me: Im sorry Ive just been really busy.
Yuri: Its fine, anyways. How are you?
Me: Im alright, hows everyone in Korea?
Yuri: Do you wanna talk to Jjong? Hes on a break from military for a couple of days
Me: Jonghyun... 

Was it time to finally hear his voice after a long wait? 
Before I replied Yuri had already switched phones.

Jonghyun: Jessica?

It was him, the usual sweet, comforting voice. My eyes started getting teary, I didnt realise how much I missed him.

Me: Jonghyun..
Jonghyun: Sica I havent talked to you for ages?! We have alot of catching up to do
Me: Yeah, I know. How's military?
Jonghyun: Hard, really hard. And tiring. What about America? Did you settle in well?
Me: Yeah. I miss you.

A tear fell out of my eye. Dont cry Sica, Jonghyuns going to notice. I thought.

Jonghyun: I miss you more beautiful.
Me: J-J--Jong

The tears flowed out.

Jonghyun: Sica are you... crying?!
Me: N-No.
Jonghyun: Sica dont cry, why are you crying?! I get to see you in 6 months time right?
Me: Y-Yeah. I just.. miss you.
Jonghyun: I miss you too, but you need to stay strong for me okay? We'll see eachother in no time
Me: Yeah.
Jonghyun: Okay Im going to hang up now, I dont want to listen to my girl's crying voice. 
Me: Sure.
Jonghyun: I love you
Me: I love you too..

end of phonecall.

I wiped my tears away quickly, Why was I crying? I was going to see him in six months time, it was no big deal. 
actually, it was a big deal. Work was too hard, I was practically getting bullied, by my work partners. They hated me, I was on the verge of getting fired, and I didnt tell anyone. I didnt want to. The stress, it built up too much. I needed to do it, Im sorry Jonghyun. I guess that promise isnt going to be kept.