farewell

him and her.

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT.

8 days later.

JONGHYUN POV

"Jonghyun..." Jessica mumbled in my embrace. "Hmm?" I asked. "Its not time yet is it?" She murmured. I opened my eyes and saw Sica closing her eyes, squezzing my hand tight. Today was the day, I was leaving everyone, everything. "No, its not." I said as I looked at her. I checked the time, it was 8am. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked. "I'll make you breakfast, you need lots and lots of energy from my nutritional cooking!" She said as she suddenly opened her eyes. I hope this wont be the last time I see her, the last time I have her in my arms. Afterall, I dont know if she'll be able to wait for me... "Come on, lets get up! the others are coming over soon." I ordered. "Alright." She said as she rubbed her eyes. 

Sica and I walked downstairs, to the kitchen. Her whole house was messy, filled with suitcases and bags. "You sit down and I'll cook. "She led me to the couch and I sat down. I looked at my reflection through the tv. I look really terrible with short hair... I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. I crept up to where Sica was so that I could scare her. Then I realised something on her arms. Cut marks. They had only just faded but these ones seemed.. new? I immediately stopped her and brang her to the living room. "Now what?" She giggled. "Jessica. Have you been self harming yourself again?!" I asked, frowning. Her smiled faded and she slowly placed her arms behind her back. "N-N-No.." She replied. "Dont lie to me." I said seriously. Her eyes started getting teary. "I couldnt help it, you're leaving and I just feel as though no one can take care of me like how you do, this could be our last ever moment if things happen between the 21 months and i just---" She panicked. I grabbed her wrist and hugged her tightly. "Shhhh calm down." I whispered. She started wimpering. "You have Krystal, shes your sister, she would understand. And your parents, theyre  your family. You'll be fine without me. You can take all your anger and stress out by any solution but just dont do it on your body Sica. You dont deserve them, You're better than this. Promise me that you wont do it again just because Im not next to you." I spoke quietly. "Jjong its not a--" I stopped her from talking. "Then promise me that you'll try and stop, make an effort. For me." I said. "Alright." She whispered. She tightened her grip around me and I let her be until she wanted to let go.

 

YURI POV

"You seem really tired." I said as we were driving to Jessica's house, with Sooyoung and Key. "I am." He said coldly. "Are you alright?" I asked. "Yeah Im fine." He replied. "Im sorry Yul, everythings just stressing me out." Minho apologised. "Its alright, I know you've been busy with work." I whispered. He smiled and closened his head to mine. "OIIII NO BEING UAL IN THE CAR." Sooyoung yelled, who was in the front seat with Kibum. "Sorry Soo." I laughed. "Ahem, Minho." Sooyoung coughed. "What." He asked, pretending that nothing happened. "Apology?" She asked. "You dont need an apology you dumbo." He said. "YAH!" Sooyoung yelled. "Okay stop stop, we're here." Key announced. Thank god, lucky there wasnt another twin fight in the car. The door to Jessica's house opened and the two were eating. "Hey guys." I greeted nicely. "Hey." Jonghyun smiled. "HOLY CRAP, YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT YOUR HAIR--" Key pointed out. "I know Kibum so shush." Jonghyun spoke. "Anyways, do you guys want some breakfast?" Jessica asked. "No, Sooyoung just had 3 breakfast meals. And we've alreday had breakfast." Minho answered. "Choi Minho.." Sooyoung gritted her teeth. "Okay, save that fight till later." I said. "What time do you have to get there by?" Key asked. "its already 10:30?! I have to get there by 11." Jonghyun spoke. "Okay, I guess we'll be leaving now then." Key murmured. Jessica and Jonghyun got up and walked towards Key's 6 seater car. "I'll drive." Key said and got in the front seat with Sooyoung.I sat with Jonghyun right at the back which left Yuri and Jessica to sit together. "Nervous?" I asked. "Nah." Jonghyun replied. Key started the car and the driving began. "We'll be right at the gates in 21 months." I smiled with caused Jonghyun to laugh. "Alright man." He said. 

25 minutes later...

NO ONES POV

Everyone got out of the car, there was a whole line up of people, waiting for their name to be called. "Now we just need to wait for my name to be called." Jonghyun spoke. Minho held onto Yuri's hand. The atmosphere was starting to get emotional, Yuri slready had teary eyes already and Minho recognised it, so he brang her into his embrace. "Number 25 Kim Jonghyun!" A soldier yelled. Jonghyun was given a couple of minutes to say goodbye.

JONGHYUN POV

Yuri all of a sudden bursted out crying. I walked up to her and smiled. "Hey Yul, dont cry." I grinned. "Oh my god this is really happening." She said as she hugged me tightly. "Take care of yourself, and take care of Jessica untili tomorrow for me." I whispered. She nodded. I walked over to Minho. "I'll miss you bestfriend." He murmured and hugged me. Minho doesnt do hugs with boys, so this was really surprising. "I'll miss you too man." I replied. I then walked over to Key who was getting teary eyed too. "You diva." I laughed. "Shutup!" He said. I hugged him. "Do a good job." He said. "I will." I answered back. "JONGHYUN!" Sooyoung yelled and hugged me tightly so that I couldnt breathe. "Yah!" I yelled. "Oh oopps, sorry." She smiled. "I'll miss you." She said. "I'll miss you too Sooyoung." I replied. And now it was time to walk over to Jessica. The rest of the group took a few steps back to give us some privacy. "Well.. This is it." I smiled. She held my hands and squeezed them tightly. "Have a safe trip to America." I said. She nodded, I knew that she wasnt speaking because she would start crying. "Wait for me." I said. "I will." She mouthed. I hugged her and I felt her tears drop on my top. "Remember the promise." I reminded. "Yeah." She whispered. I broke off the hug and looked into her eyes deeply for one last time. "I'll miss you Sica. And always remember that... I love you, keep that ring on hey?" I said. "Im not taking it off, ever. and I'll miss you more." She said, with tears running down her cheeks. "I love you beautiful." I whispered. "I love you too." She whispered back. I quickly crashed my lips onto hers for one last time. I gave her the most meaningful kiss possible, Soon I broke it off and she had her eyes closed. I gave her a salute and started walking towards the entrance. I saw Jessica hugging Sooyoung. I looked at her for one last time and waved. Then I turned around and entered, military service.

The next day...

JESSICA POV

"Attention. Flight to Los Angeles, America will be boarding in 10 minutes." The announcement was made. "Thats your flight." Yuri said. I nodded and grabbed my suitcase. "I guess this goodbye." I said. Everyone nodded. I hugged Minho and Key, then Yuri and Sooyoung separately. "You two better take care of the girls." I warned and smiled. "Sica. We'll miss you. Keep in touch okay?" Yuri asked. "Of course." I smiled. I grabbed my suitcase and bag and walked forwards. I looked up to the ceiling. Where ever you are Jonghyun. Goodbye for now.  I thought and looked back and saw Minho, Key, Sooyoung and Yuri watching me. I waved and smiled. And they did the same. I took one big breath and showed my ticket to the flight lady.