My Lips Stay Closed But I Want To Call Out Your Name

Memories of Memories

Gummy “Because Of You”

Miss S ft. 정슬기 “What Have I Done Till Now”

*************

Tao’s POV~

It was yet another start of another school day. I was walking towards the school from the bus stop taking the usual road. It was far lonelier now and I couldn’t help but be in nostalgia remembering Eunjae walking beside me telling some of the most bizarre stories her intricate mind makes up or remembers.

I walked in through the school’s iron gates and held my head up looking straight ahead of me at no one in particular.

My bag was lazily slung over my shoulder and I was walking up the stairs when I heard the usual screaming. I torture myself nearly every day with this and decided to peer over my shoulder, already knowing this is just going to pain me.

The usual EXO-K members stepped out and Eunjae came up on the other side of the limousine, trying to avoid the fan girl’s attention. She looked around and her eyes automatically found mine naturally, our gazes locking with one another.

We held that stare for what seemed like eternity, something I wanted to hold onto. Yet it was short-lived in reality when Kai almost sensed I was watching and quickly led her away. As soon as our connection was broken apart, it felt as if a part of me just left me behind.

How is it possible to get my heart beaten up by the same person twice?

Eunjae’s POV~

I went into my room and shut the door, heading towards my luggage bag to look for something. I managed to grab some things unknowingly from home and stuffed them into my bag in a hurry before I left to Kai’s mansion.

I was searching through my clothing, trying to find my old copybook when my hand hit against something hard. My nail scratched across the smooth glass surface and after some rummaging, I pulled out a picture frame.

Inside was the most beautiful sketch of a girl that seemed so familiar, yet my memory couldn’t clearly remember where it was from.

There was a slight tearing at the top but nonetheless, the picture was in near perfect condition.

The girl staring back at me wore thick rimmed glasses that resembled my old ones and her hair was-

It’s me.

I sat down on my floor and stared at the portrait some more. My hand managed to cover my mouth to prevent an audible gasp from escaping. The girl in it seemed far more beautiful than the real me, but there was resemblance in the facial features. I looked at the bottom right hand corner and saw his signature,

Happy Birthday Eunjae

H.T

Huang Zi Tao. He never really did like writing out his full name.

I bit my bottom lip and tried to take in long, deep breaths. But it didn’t do anything. My eyes watered at the image and soon enough, tears were streaming down my face as I pulled my knees up to my chest in an attempt to escape from reality.

I stayed in that position for god knows how long. My tears continued to fall but no sounds were coming out of my mouth, not one sob or whimper. Only sorrow filled my insides and I wondered how much salt water the human body can hold before it runs out of it.

All of the happy memories come flooding in that I remember with him the past couple weeks.

The studying, the dandelions, the washing of dishes, all of those fond moments.

I was overwhelmed by it all. I finally managed to calm down and wiped away my last tear in the nick of time when Kai’s butler came knocking on my door saying,

“Young Master Kai wishes to see you Miss Park.”