What's He Doing?

Memories of Memories

SHINee’s “Clue”

*****************

Tao’s POV~

I managed to finally find an empty seat on the bus. I sat down near the window and watched outside at the busy and crowded streets as the bus drove by the everyday people walking by. I don’t know where I managed to pick this habit up, but instead of looking at the people directly in front of me I always look into the far distance. In other words, the people in the background.

We were far outside of Seoul and it amazed me how different the streets are from other cities.

At first it was the usual things like mothers carrying their children or children chasing stray dogs and cats. But my eyes swept across a familiar figure whose back was turned. Many people look almost the same from behind but this person was different. My eyes continued to stare at the person as the bus came to a halt for its five minute break.

He was a simple teenage guy working at the grocery store, stacking the outside shelves with fresh fruit and vegetables. Yet something about him seemed out of place, as if he didn’t belong there. If you compared him to the surrounding people he was … different by the way he carried himself and seemed to move.

When he finally turned around I spotted him, realizing why his figure caught my attention out of everyone else in the blending background.

The bus’s engine began to ignite and that’s when it happened; he caught me staring and I was sure he figured out it was me.

I leaned back against the bus seat as the bus began to move and realized I just saw something I don’t think I should’ve seen.

*************

Short update but this is all leading to something later, promise >_<