Said It

Memories of Memories

SHINee “JoJo”Shinhwa “Venus”K.Will “My Heart Is Beating”

**************

Eunjae’s POV~

“Eunjae?” I faintly heard my name being called. My eyes felt extremely heavy and it took so much strength and motivation to open them. I managed to slowly lift my eyelids, squinting at the bright fluorescent light shining down at me from the hospital’s ceilings.

Wait, I’m at a hospital?

I looked around and saw the sickly white color of the walls, beds, chair, etc. It never did occur to me that nearly everything in a hospital was pristine and white.

“Eunjae.” I heard my name being sighed out in relief. I craned my stiff neck to the side and saw Tao giving me a relieved smile as my hand was being held in his own. My hand felt so small in comparison to his, his hand rough and strong from years of training and fighting. But it was a comforting feeling, his warm hand bringing me back and holding me safely in this foreign room.

My body felt so sore and the bed sheets were uncomfortable, my entire body feeling like it was on fire. Why is it so hot in this room?

I wanted to kick off my bed sheets and sit up, hating the feeling of being so constricted by a simple layer of material when Tao gently pushed me back down just when I managed to prop myself up on my elbows.

“Woah Eunjae you just woke up, you shouldn’t even be moving so much.” He said with a warm smile on his face. The sun was beginning to set and I noticed he was still in his school uniform. Did I miss school?

“Did we have school today?” I asked him. He nodded his head and I looked past him at the vase holding several flowers that held a card saying “Get Well Soon.”

“What’s my name?”

Tao’s POV~

My eyes widened in pure horror, already imagining those dramas on TV where the girl loses her entire memory and-

“Just kidding!” Eunjae said waving her arms above her head like a hyperactive child.

“Come on pabo, you really think this was gonna be like one of those dramas?” She joked and gave me a merong sign. I sighed out in relief and gently punched her shoulder.

“Pabo you almost got me fooled.” She giggled and I was so relieved that she was ok. Her hands were still warm and her skin wasn’t its usual bright and healthy glow, but she looked better than she did when I found her.

Her eyes were still a little red and her eye bags were swollen from all those tears.

All because of him.

She remembered her previous question and began to panic,

“Oh god since I missed school I have to catch up on so much work! We were going to start a new unit in Chemistry, our English teacher planned on giving us a mid-term tomorrow and today was when he was going to review over everything. Oh wait maybe I can ask Kai if-” Her words were lodged in , completely choked on emotions and the rest of the sentence wouldn’t come out. She swallowed and tried to continue but she couldn’t. I saw her eyes becoming ten shades darker and her face was drained off all its life and I knew it was because of him.

Just his name had this much influence on her. Why is it that he’s had such an impact on her life when she’s only known him for several months, yet my name means almost nothing to her?

Anger, jealousy, and sorrow all boiled down inside of me, the cap already threatening to come off.

Don’t do it…

My subconscious warned me and I knew very well that this would be one of the worst possible times to tell her my feelings. Just throwing such a thing onto her when she was still getting over her previous heartbreak would shatter her fragile heart into tiny little pieces, all of which would take an eternity to put back together. But one look at her watering eyes shot the cap off and I blurted out,

“Eunjae I love you.”

*****************

Oooo cliff hanger ;] 

You guys probably hate me for leaving you hanging on this critical moment but hey, I gotta keep the suspense up and high xD

Sorry for the mini-heart attack about Eunjae "losing her memory" >_<

Comment, Subscribe, Share, Enjoy <3