Ignore The Doubt

Memories of Memories

BEG “An Inconvenient Truth”

***********

Eunjae’s POV~

I tip-toed across the spacious hallway and managed to find my way towards a door half opened with light seeping through the crack. I silently walked over and saw Kai sitting at his desk, phone in hand typing away at the touch screen nonchalantly.

I bit my lip in hesitation before gently knocking on the door. It was a silent knock, nobody would’ve heard it if it wasn’t so quiet in the house. But he did and his head shot up and turned my way.

He motioned for me to come in and I timidly walked in. He continued to stare down at his screen and didn’t say anything, waiting for me to make the first move.

“I-I didn’t mean to disturb you-” I began but he cut me off waving his hand at the air saying,

“Nonsense, what’s up? Did you regain your memory?” I was confused by his last question but decided to brush it off. He’s probably just looking out for me. I stared at my feet for a few seconds before finally saying,

“Thank you for taking me in for the time being and your generosity.” I looked up and he was still looking down at his phone. He must be a busy guy, being the next heir to his father’s company and all.

He nodded his head and put his phone away, standing up and smiling at me I’ve seen him give out so many times. Each time being more radiant than the last one.

“Don’t mention it, I just wanna be there to help guide you through when your memory does come back. I’m gonna go take a shower so I’ll have my butler you to your room. Good night Eunjae.”

He leaned down and gently placed a kiss on my forehead and shooed me away saying,

“Sweet dreams princess.”

He hastily shut the door behind him and I was left there to stand in the empty hallway. My heart was beating and my hand gently graced my forehead, where his lips still left a warm imprint.

My heart continued to beat against my chest but … it wasn’t a happy beating. Something about every pulse sent a little stabbing pain towards me and I didn’t like it. Something was nagging at me and it always does when I’m around Kai but I don’t bother thinking too much about it, otherwise I end up getting a migraine.

I smiled at the door and whispered a good night before walking off to my assigned bedroom.

Kai’s POV~

I came out of the shower and looked at my phone;

2 missed calls.

1 new text message.

I unlocked the screen and smiled down at who the caller was. I opened the text and it was from the same person;

To: Kai-oppa <3

So you answer my text messages one minute, but don’t answer my phone calls? Fine I’m not gonna play with you tonight or tomorrow night then >:(

~Babe

I typed back that I was busy with something and told her I’m heading off to bed. I tossed my phone to the other side of the room, making sure it would land safely on the couch before I plopped onto my king sized mattress.

I couldn’t help but smirk at Eunjae’s stupidity. She believed me whole-heartedly and even left that friend of hers. Girls are so easy to play with.