Will You Be My …

Memories of Memories

f(x)’s “Chu~”

***************

Eunjae’s POV~

I walked into the library and found it completely empty, no sign of life anywhere.I looked around the room, hoping that my assumption was wrong. Yet I saw no one, just some librarians scanning some books that were brought back.

My shoulders slumped and the look of disappointment couldn’t be hidden.

Did I really take that long at my locker? To the point where Kai would just leave?

I sighed and realized I’ll be taking the bus home alone, even though I could’ve taken it with Tao if I came up here a few minutes earlier. I decided to take a final look in the room, knowing that I’ll come up empty handed and was about to turn around when I felt a pair of hands covering my eyes.

“Guess who.” The voice was deeply exaggerated and a faint smile threatened to spill from my lips.

“Kai.” I said and his hands lifted from my face. I turned around and saw him standing behind me with an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, teacher held me back warning me about my grades. So I really appreciate this Eunjae.” I nodded and held out my notebooks he wanted to copy the notes of. He took them off my hands and flipped through some of the pages before finally closing the books and holding out a hand pointing towards the back.

“So let’s sit and get started?” Kai offered and led us to a table in the back of the room.

Kai’s POV~

We sat down and she sat with her hands folded over her lap. She looked nervous and I couldn’t help but scoff on the inside,

Am I really that intimidating?

I opened up her English notebook, amazed at how this was only the second day of school and she already had nearly five whole pages filled out. She really is all that’s cracked up to be.

“Y-you can just copy the notes and if you get stuck on something, you can ask.” She said, her voice cracking in the beginning. I heard her perfectly clear across the table, but I needed to make sure I played all the right cards to get her; the main prize.

I sighed and said,

“Sorry I didn’t catch that, here sit next to me. I don’t wanna seem like I’m shouting at you across the room.” I patted the wooden chair next to me. At first she seemed quite shy to even sit near me, but I convinced her to move after a couple of teasing,

“What, you think I have cooties? Or maybe I’m just a big scary guy?”

She sat down next to me but I saw her trying to wiggle the chair a few inches away from me. I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed the chair, pulling her thin frame closer to the point where our shoulders nearly touched. She was really light and the wooden chair’s legs easily slid across the plush carpet.

I saw her retrieve her arm and pulled it closer to her.

It’s not like I’m some diseased animal, sheesh.

But in order for this to work, I can’t show her my bad side. I need to make sure this plan goes according to plan if I want to pass with her “help.”

Eunjae’s POV~

“Eunjae, I don’t get this part.” Kai pointed to the Calculus homework we had last night. It was actually a simple problem that you should’ve learned in Pre-Calc, but nonetheless I explained it to him how it was shown and instructed directly from the book.

“Do you get it?” I asked, trying to decipher his reaction. He had his eyebrows furrowed and after a few minutes of calculation, his face lit up and he nearly shouted the correct answer.

“Yeah you got it!” I said and he wrapped his arms around my neck, tight enough to squeeze me but not suffocate me. His cologne filled my sense of smell and it felt as if my glasses were fogging up like you would see in those silly cartoons from my burning cheeks.

“Eunjae you’re amazing!~” He complimented me. He was hugging me for a long minute, or maybe it was just my imagination, when he finally let me go.

“Ok, back to studying.” He said, determination written in his gaze. Does he freely give out such compliments and forms of affection? I didn’t want to think too much on it because after a few seconds, he asked me another question. This one was practically the same question, only with different variables. But I didn’t mind, I took in this moment and was just glad to be near him; his presence alone filling me with satisfaction.

Kai’s POV~

“Wait, so how do you do this one?” I asked, pointing to a random question. She looked over the page and began pointing to the several numbers floating around her entire page. After a few seconds I looked at her answer that she soon covered with her hand and asked me,

“So what do you think the answer’s going to be?” I tried to give her the impression that I was calculating the numbers in my head, and after a few seconds I gave her the answer that was written on the paper.

She gave me a small smile and nodded. I tilted my head to the side, putting in another compliment. I swear girls are just like dogs always begging for their treats. So they beg, give them a compliment, and they’ll roll over for you so easily.

“Ne Eunjae, you’re a really good teacher. I’m glad I have you here.” She looked at me for a second, trying to absorb the compliment and she looked away as she pushed up her glasses and blushed.

I slowly leaned in and tried to close the distance between us, making sure it doesn’t seem too obvious and so I don’t seem all that desperate.

“N-no, anyone can learn if they try.” She said, still not looking at me. I was a good couple inches away from her face when I said,

“But you’re special. I’ve never been able to learn so much from just one person…” She turned around and I leaned in, kissing her. This was the final move to make, it was this moment where my plan will either continue…or fail right here and then.

Eunjae’s POV~

The entire thing caught me completely off guard. I was turning around so I could flip to the next page and continue with the studying. Yet how do you think I felt when instead, I was greeted by a pair of soft and warm lips? Whose owner was no one other than my prince I’ve already fallen for the minute I spotted him?

My lips sort of froze, not even realizing what I was supposed to do with them. After all, that was my first kiss. Were you supposed to do something with your lips besides just letting them touch? But Kai did do something, and whatever it was…it felt good.

It was a three second long kiss, but it felt like an eternity. I forgot to breathe through my nose and when I was on the borderline of fainting, I ended up breaking it before I ever wanted it to.

My entire face was surely a bright tomato-red and if not, I was sure my entire body was blushing at the incident.

I moved back and covered my face, peeking through the cracks my fingers made to look at him.

He looked down and I heard him faintly say,

“S-sorry, I kinda lost control. I mean; you looked really cute, you were helping me, and we’re the only ones in here and I just wanted to kiss you really badly…Sorry Eunjae.”

“…you looked really cute…”

“…I just wanted to kiss you really badly…”

I didn’t know how to reply, mainly because my chest was still pounding away at my rib cage. Forget that, my heart was going insane, doing these ridiculous flips and somersaults inside my rib cage, threatening to break loose.

Yet the only thing I managed to mutter out was,

“I-it’s ok.” -_____- Way to go Eunjae, talk about a smooth talker. Yet what would I say?

I saw Kai clenching his fists and he looked up at me when saying,

“It’s not ok. I like you Eunjae. Ever since the first day of school.”

Th-thump.

Was I hearing all of this? Did I really deprive myself of so much sleep last night to the point where I would go this ballistic? Where my mind would completely imagine such a fantasy?

Yet here I was; all of this feeling completely real and dreamy at the same time.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“…girlfriend?”

His words sent a jolt of energy right through my entire body. It was as if someone just turned some on-off switch and my entire body felt as light as air. I didn’t know how to react and I felt like if I tried to make any words come out of my mouth, they’d all be incoherent and impossible to understand. I tried to say something but the only thing my body was able to do at that moment was converge oxygen into carbon dioxide…basically I just sat there like a wooden log trying to grasp his words.

Kai gave me a small smile and laughed a little when saying,

“Eunjae you’re killing me here. Is that a yes or a no?”

I felt my head numbly bob up and down and I saw his face erupt into a smile, a smile that will never leave my memory for as long as I can remember...no need to go into detail on that last part.

That day was probably the one that was the of my dull and boring life. All I knew was that I found and managed to get my prince charming. He was sitting here, in front of me, looking at me with a bright smile on his face like he just won the lottery. Yet it was in fact I who won. I finally found my first love.

Kai’s POV~

It was a success. I couldn’t believe how easily she crawled into the palm of my hand. I was still replaying the scene I acted out so perfectly in my head.

“…you looked really cute…” LIE.

“…I just wanted to kiss you really badly…” LIE.

“I like you Eunjae.” LIE.

“Ever since the first day of school.” LIE. All of them, LIES.

I was in the limo, smirking to myself at how this was so easily laid out.

My driver looked in his rear view mirror and noticed my smug expression as he asked me,

“What has gotten into you, Master Kim?” I only looked at him and shook my head as I scoffed to myself, wanting to keep this little secret to myself.

Yet I had no intentions of letting this thing go public, who knows if she tells her little group of geeks. Lotsa of drama will stir and I don’t even dare to be seen near her.

“Ne Eunjae, but can we keep this relationship a secret? I mean, I’m extremely happy, but this school’s drama gets spread around really fast. I don’t want you to get hurt. So please, for me, can we keep this a secret between us?” I asked innocently, holding a finger up in front of my lips to show that this incident must be kept hushed. She nodded in agreement and I knew that this was all going to turn out fine…well in my favor at least.

Women are pathetic, only there to serve a man’s needs and desires. Other than that, they all bend to a man once they see his looks, money, power, and/or fame. In this case, Eunjae fell so easily for my looks and fake sincerity.

How pitiful. Yet I only did this for one sole purpose, to get ahead in life. I can’t even tell you how many stepping stones my father used to get to where he is now.

Noona…

I pushed the memory back and stared out the window, already coming up to my mansion. If the company business never goes well for me, might as well put my devilish-good looks to use and become a star winning actor.

*****************

Woohoo, double update in one day xD

and so the real plot thickens from here on >_<

Comments? ;]

Subscriptions = Happy Author-nim and more updates C: