Relax & Admire The Beauty

Memories of Memories

U-Kiss “Baby Don’t Cry” | Super Junior M “幸福微甜(Love Is Sweet)”

*********

Eunjae’s POV~

“Where are we going Tao?” I called behind him, careful to make sure I wouldn’t trip over any roots or rocks along the way. We were already far past the lake and I was walking on unfamiliar territory, completely sure we were lost.

“We’re almost there.” He said behind me with a gleam in his eye. I couldn’t understand what could possibly be so thrilling this deep into the woods. I looked around me and noticed the foliage was thinning out and there were less and less trees.

I wondered if we were going into another city’s limits but after a few stops, I looked past and saw an opening.

“We’re here.” He announced and we stepped out into what I thought was an opening, but was in fact the edge of a hill. We were so high up that your lungs savored every bit of the clean and pure air that you can never find in the city.

Don’t get me wrong it’s beautiful out here, but I never did see the beauty of sight-seeing. Every time we had a class trip to the art museum, I always found myself to be walking through the art and never stopping to really analyze it. My memory would take a picture and that was the end of that. I never really bothered to look at the meaning behind it or the choice of colors and objects painted into them.

This wasn’t really any different for me, I always found my eyes simply scanning over the things in front of me and moving on.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Tao asked me, looking at the place in such awe that I felt guilty for not seeing what he’s seeing.

“Yeah, it is.” I replied back, trying to look at the picture before me even closer.

“Yeah, it is.” Tao imitated my monotone voice, clearly noticing my lack of interest. I blushed at him and apologized. He only chuckled and said,

“I know these aren’t your things, but I figured you might have a change of heart sometime. Let’s walk around some more.” He offered and led us back into the forest.

I know what you’re thinking, what is so great walking through a forest? If you’re asking this, then you’ve never truly been outdoors.

Just the way that the ground sinks beneath your shoes and mends to your feet so naturally and the tree’s branches and leaves letting enough sunlight to go through but the shade keeping you cool is…calming and soothing in a way. If you stand still or make little to no sounds, you can hear the life around you. The birds flying overhead and the animals scurrying about give you such a feeling of being open and free.

This is something you’ll never find in the city let alone Seoul where you’ll hear Kpop blasting from every corner and people shouting over one another.

“I wanna show you something else.” Tao said and made a U-turn almost making me run into his back.

“There’s a catch though,” He smirked at me. I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head, telling him to go on.

“I want you to picture a horrible place. Someplace unimaginable, and close your eyes while doing this.” I stopped in my tracks and gave him a bemused look.

“How am I going to walk with my eyes closed?” He took my hand ever so gently and I felt my cheeks turn a light pink for some reason through this little skin ship.

“I’ll do the walking, you close your eyes.” I nodded and closed my eyes as he began to slowly tug on my hands, leading me to my right.

My vision remained black, completely blank and unsure of what to think of. Being the bookworm that I am, the first place I imagined was World War II. I don’t even know why that picture popped into my memory but all I remembered were all the dead bodies and casualties counted up, one by one all because of one person who was led by a strong hatred.

I felt my feet go onto solid ground and I heard Tao whispering to me,

“Open your eyes.” I opened my eyes and smiled at the sight before me. I was overlooking a huge patch of land where the healthy green grass blew gently in the wind, the trees were swaying back and forth as if dancing with one another, and the clear blue sky only added to its beauty. Compared to my visual of WWII, this was far more beautiful to the eyes. As if reading my mind;

“Doesn’t this seem so much more beautiful now?” He asked me. I looked at him and he smiled back, making my heart skip a beat.

Thump thump.

Maybe it was just a spur of the moment but I really couldn’t help but admire him. The way his eyes looked so gentle and peaceful in the bright light, his hair softly blowing in the wind, the way the corners of his mouth tugged up because of his smile; all of it making me swoon.

I remembered his question and replied,

“Pabo, I know this is the exact same place you took me to before.” He shrugged and said,

“I can only try and fool you. Let’s head back, it’s getting chilly.” He turned back around and began leading the way back. I walked behind him and smiled thinking,

Yes, it was much more beautiful. Thank you.