… And You Didn’t Tell Me

Memories of Memories

f(x) “Beautiful Goodbye”

************

Tao’s POV~

I was quite taken aback by Eunjae’s action. I never expected her to raise a hand at anyone let alone me, so I never have my defense up around her. So when I reached out to touch her, I didn’t have any thought that I’d have to retreat my hand from her … ever.

She finally looked up at me with a clear look of rage. She glared at me through her eyes that threatened to spill hot tears at any moment when saying,

“You knew didn’t you?” Her voice was shaky and I knew it took a lot of her strength for her to try and keep it at that level. I had a gut feeling of what she was talking about, mentally slapping myself for even thinking I could hold such a thing off from her.

“What are you talking about?” I couldn’t help but ask pathetically; already knowing this would only anger her further. She scoffed and looked away, not bothering to even look at me anymore.

“You knew everything that I went through yet you didn’t tell me any of it!” I bit my bottom lip as I gulped down something to try and moisten my now dry throat. I should’ve known the truth would’ve caught up to her sooner or later. I should’ve known the minute she asked me about Kai today that she’d find out soon. But a part of me still wished that we could skip over that I could manage to prevent her from getting hurt yet another time.

My mouth was about to open and apologize, plead for her to not be mad at me as it’s something I can’t stand when it’s from her.

Yet she beat me to my apology and shocked me into silence when she asked me in such a painstaking and defeating tone of voice,

“Why did you cheat on me? Did I do something wrong?”