Go Ahead, I Dare You

Memories of Memories

Outsider’s “Acquaintance”

**********

Tao’s POV~

He wasn’t going to accept the fact that I just made a complete fool out of him. Kai stood up and wiped away at his face with the back of his hand, wiping off the faint blood from his now cracked lip.

He looked down at his hand and saw the red smears and scoffed,

“You know it’s a sin for damaging a beautiful face.” He lunged towards me with a fist ready. But he was too slow and his stance was quite off balance, making it easy for me to use it to his disadvantage.

I managed to stop his fist and sweep his feet from below him, sending him falling to the ground yet again. I towered over him and bore a hole into his head through my glare.

“How could you do such a thing when you have Eunjae?” Each word spat venom and even I didn’t recognize that I was the one sputtering such deadly sayings.

How does someone manage to smirk even being in his state I don’t know, but that’s exactly what he did. He smirked at me and said,

“What? You’re gonna go and tell her? Go ahead, I’d love to see you try. Far as I’m concerned, I’m racing through her mind 24/7 and you’re just some kid she pities.”

I grabbed him by his expensive collar, hoisting him up so he was only an inch away from my own face. I heard a tearing of fabric by my rash actions but I didn’t worry about his one of many expensive suits. There were so many martial art moves racing through my head, my mind trying to figure out which one inflicts the most pain onto the person and which one I should use on him.

“Let’s see if she chooses my love, even if it may be a lie, over your unrequited one.” My gaze wavered for a split second, something he quickly caught onto and used to his advantage.

“That’s right, I see how you’ve fallen just as hard for that nerd as she has for me.” As much as I wanted to prove him wrong and beat the living daylight out of him, he had some truth behind his words.

Eunjae has fallen hard for this undeserving guy before me, and I knew that she wasn’t going to completely accept this if I tell her any of the things he just did with the queenka. Kai scoffed and his eyes turned into that of a snake,

“Now let go of me with your filthy hands.” I let go of the silky fabric and he tried to do a cheap shot, attempting to punch me just as I let him go. But his fighting style was weak and sloppy, and I managed to catch his fist a mere inch away from my face.

I held into his hand firmly and slowly twisted his wrist, his face not even trying to hide the agonizing pain.

I released his hand and walked away, trying to avoid the sea of students about to be released from their first period classes.

I knew it would do me no good to stay in school for two reasons. One, I’d probably kill anyone who comes in contact with me through sheer rage and anger after that little scuffle with Kai. And two, I can’t bear to see Eunjae. Not now at least.

I left the school ground and managed to find a tree that hung off the school’s walls, giving me an easy exit. I climbed the tree with little to no difficulty and hopped off one of its longest branches, landing safely on both feet outside of the school.

The easiest thing to do would be to go straight up to Eunjae and tell her what I just saw, tell her everything that’s happened, and tell her every dark secret I know about Kai.

But his words echoed in my head, knowing that something of it was true.

“Let’s see if she chooses my love, even if it may be a lie, over your unrequited one.”