Propaganda

Memories of Memories

B2ST “Clenching a Tight Fist” | Rainbow “Let’s Put It Up”

************

Tao’s POV~

My knees gave under me and I fell onto the floor on all fours. I shut my eyes tight and made sure to not let any tears come out; crying is something I promised myself I’d never do.

The pain was overtaking me and I couldn’t believe it was possible to feel such anguish just from simple betrayal and heartbreak.

Is this how you feel right now Eunjae? Or is it just me.

I angrily punched at the floorboard and got up, running through the door and into the rain to try and chase after Eunjae.

I called out her name but heard no reply, only the sound of a car engine starting. I saw some faint headlights through the rain and a limousine drove out of the driveway. I didn’t even need to look through the tinted windows to know who was in the car.

I stood there and let the rain pour over me, the clothes sticking to my body as my hair matted to my forehead.

It’s over … isn’t it?

Eunjae’s POV~

I couldn’t hold in the tears of sorrow and pain any longer and they all flooded out of me. My vision was blurred and I wrapped my arms around myself in a feeble attempt of comfort.

This hurts so much.

I felt my heart giving way and I didn’t know how I could possibly feel any better, wondering if I’ll ever be able to get back up. I felt a warm hand caress my cheek and my tears were slowly being wiped away.

I looked up and barely managed to make out Kai’s figure through my watery eyes. I completely forgot he was there and I quickly wiped away any remaining tears, feeling embarrassed for letting him see me in such a state.

He gave me a small smile and I waited for his words of comfort, something I needed. But he only said,

“We’ll be arriving to my house soon.” And turned away from me. What was I expecting from him?

Something more than this. Tao would’ve done something much more.

I slapped away my conscience, remembering that Tao is no longer a part of me. I needed to stamp that idea into my mind and forget about him, even though I knew it was impossible to even consider such a thing.

This feeling that’s constricting my heart, it feels so familiar only a million folds greater.

It must be how I felt when Tao cheated on me before but this pain … it’s so much worse. But why? It’s the same person, doing nearly the exact same thing … why does it hurt so much more this time around?

My face tilted upwards towards the limousine’s roof, trying to get gravity to help prevent any more tears from spilling as I was overwhelmed by today’s memory.

“Y-You’re lying.” I said backing up, my back colliding into the tree. Kai was standing before me with a pitied look as he took a step closer. His story … could it possibly be true?

If it was I didn’t want to believe it.

“I’d never lie to you Eunjae, but Tao has. I was your friend since the beginning but Tao came in and ruined it all. He took advantage of you and cheated. You know it’s true, somewhere inside you’re really hurting from the memory, aren’t you?” As much as I didn’t want to believe it all, he was right.

I did have a faint stabbing pain that tried to remind me of something. But is it really because of Tao? Did he really cheat on me before?

A happiness flooded over me as it reminded me of a better time before, but it was quickly shot down by a great pain that could only be caused by a heartbreak.

Was that how my relationship with him ended?

“It’s because of Tao you’re like this now. You forgot everything right before you and Tao started dating, somewhere around the beginning of the school year.”

The memory was overwhelming and I bit my bottom lip to stop it from trembling. How could this all happen?

Why?

I was interrupted by my thoughts when the limousine stopped in front of a posh western styled mansion. The car door opened and Kai held out a hand saying,

“Welcome to my house.”

I wanted to forget everything but when Kai said house it reminded me of home, the first image that popped into my head was Miss Kwon and Tao standing in front of that cozy house of ours.

Will I ever truly be able to forget and bury all of those memories?