Showcase

Memories of Memories

SHINee “Lucifer”

************

Tao’s POV~

It was utter chaos backstage. The stage crew was running around frantically trying to find the DJ to double check with the song tracks, making sure the entire show would play through smoothly.

Students were trying to work some last minute details into their performance by practicing their number several times just to perfect a single move. There were so many talented students in this school of which I’ve never even known about. The majority of them was music majors; either planning to sing, dance, or play an instrument. The order was announced and I was to be going immediately after an upperclassman by the name of Song Victoria.

The thing with this showcase is that there won’t be any intermissions or breaks. The songs overlap one another towards the end and before a student can finish their performance, the next student has to already be on stage.

I looked at back of the room and saw Kai practicing some dance moves with some hyungs I see around the school sometimes.

“Nervous?” A female voice asked next to me. I turned to my left and saw a girl stretching in an all-black costume. She was bending and contorting her body in ways that seemed almost impossible for a human, but she was clearly doing them with ease.

I shrugged and my reply seemed to amuse her.

“Cool guy huh? Well that’s good, make sure none of your hyungs or noonas strike any fear into you or they’ll chew you up and spit you right back out. Have fun!” She said and stood up, walking away and leaving me to recollect myself.

I had no difficulty with my performance, but just the thought of having so many people watch me isn’t my usual cup of tea.

I stood up to get a class of water when the room began to spin. I leaned against the wall for some support, shutting my eyes for a few seconds until they finally went into focus again.

, I need to pull through.

I told myself and went to find a tissue for my runny nose.

Eunjae’s POV~

(A/N: You can follow along with the showcase here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXYnLJVKXko   I just used the Gayo Daejun performances :]   )

The entire school was excused for the day and was allowed to watch the showcase. We got fliers and a program and I had to sit through several performances before Tao’s came on.

The talent here in the school is remarkable, every student clearly showcasing their ability and defining their reason as to why they belong in this prestigious school.

You know how after some time with the show you’d be bored and you wouldn’t be able to sit in your seat any longer? This wasn’t the case. The entire show was breathtaking, not a single down moment at all. Every student was phenomenal and each performance seemed to only get better and better.

There were rarely any breaks in between the performances, seeing as there are a lot of students that need to perform today, and if there was it was only several seconds before another performer was to go on.

The next performance was the one right before Tao would go on and I was already on the edge of my seat, ready for it.

(A/N: Victoria’s Performance @ 2:06 )

The girl coming out was an upperclassman, Victoria-unnie. She was to perform a traditional solo dance and she started her performance off with a fierce look. She immediately captured the audiences’ attention not only with her beauty but with her infallible moves. She performed each move with precision and confidence, her dance showing no fault.

She was still performing when I saw Tao running out onto the stage.

(A.N: You can see Tao @ 2:33 and his Performance officially begins @ 2:35)

Instant murmurs began throughout the crowd, curious as to who this newest student could be and what he holds. I held my smile in, knowing he’d take away everyone’s breath with his performance.

He came onto the stage with a flip and landed solidly, picking up his choice of weapon I’ve seen him practice with countless of times.

Everyone was in awe at his fluid yet strong movements yet I could clearly see exactly what Tao was seeing. He was picturing an enemy and target in front of him, concentrating each move to strike his opponent in the most effective spot.

As soon as his performance was over, the crowd grew wild and I didn’t even notice a curtain opening behind Tao let alone three men stepping out of it.

My heart did a little flip when I recognized the prince I saw the other day. My jaw dropped to the floor as soon as his performance began, making my mouth the perfect opening for flies to come right in.

(A/N: Kai’s Performance was with Super Junior’s Eunhyuk and SHINee’s Taemin @ 2:49)

I was in full awe, my eyes glued to the group. Their performance was flawless and it was clear that they were sure of every move. Their dancing was strong, passionate, and if anything perfect as all three were in sync. Just when you thought one of them was better than the other, the other two shone through and proved that all three of them are of equal match, deserve to be in the group, and a student at the school.

When the prince’s performance was over the group quietly left as another girl began to smoothly play her flute on another section of the stage. I took this time to quietly sneak out and head back stage to congratulate Tao.

I managed to sneak past the crew that was all too busy running around like headless chickens when I spotted him.

I saw him give me a weak smile but something felt completely off. He was sweating uncontrollably and if I didn’t run up to him, he would’ve fainted and fallen on the floor.

“Tao? Tao!” I began gently patting his cheeks trying to wake him up. I felt his forehead and it was burning up, my mind positive he was suffering from something more than a mild fever. His breathing was rasp and his body felt abnormally hot in the air conditioned building.

“Hey what’s wrong?” A girl came up to me and I recognized her to be Victoria-unnie.

“Tao, he’s out cold.” I panicked. I was never one to be calm and collected and I could only cradle Tao in my arms. Victoria said something to me but I muted everything out and she ran off, coming back a few minutes with several nurses on stand-by.

Kai’s POV~

“Out of the way!” A herd of faculty in all white were rushing past me. I rested a towel around my neck and wiped away my drenched fringe, curious as to what all the fuss was about.

I looked past and saw someone being hoisted up on a gurney as a girl was being led away by some noona.

It was a brief glance but I recognized that face anywhere; Eunjae. She was stricken with guilt and horror as she was being led next to the white bed rolling off.

I couldn’t help but smirk as I thought,

So she’s back huh? Perfect.

“What’re you looking at Kai?” Taemin came up behind me as he handed me a cool water bottle. He met my gaze and his eyes widened,

“Oh that’s the really smart girl I’ve been hearing about! Well not so smart anymore…”

I looked at him in confusion and asked,

“What’re you talking about hyung?”

Eunhyuk came up behind me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder,

“Poor girl lost all of her memory before the first day of school and is on the brink of being kicked out. I heard she still got that talent of remembering everything but anything before we started this year is gone from her mind.” Taemin nodded in agreement as his eyes scouted the premises.

“Did you guys see any banana milk lying around?”Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at Taemin’s childish mindset and I was too busy already plotting an idea. The odds couldn’t be any more in my favor than they already were, making this the perfect plan to execute.

Eunjae you should’ve just stayed in your old school, now you’re mine.

************

Is the blazing summer heat getting to anyone else or is it just me and Tao? lol see what I did there? No? Ok .__.