Chapter 9

She

 

Tiffany has been teasing Jessica since her friend admitted her crush for Choi Sooyoung last night. She could not believe it at first but Jessica’s serious face proved otherwise. She ignored Tiffany’s calls during lunch break and decided to eat alone. She already greeted her friend a Happy Birthday earlier in the day. They would be celebrating tonight but right now, she needs to be anywhere without her tease friend. 
 
The cafeteria was full of students. Since it was lunch time, Jessica expected this crowd. Luckily, she saw students who are about to leave and she rushed to their table. Before she could reach the table, someone else took her spot. She was frustrated until she had a second look at who stole her seat. It is no other but Choi Sooyoung. 
 
“Oh my God. Oh my God.” Jessica panicked and tried to hide herself with her bag. But it was too late. Choi Sooyoung already saw her. A grin formed on Sooyoung’s face when she laid her eyes on her favorite journalist. 
 
“Jessica, sit with me!” She said with that same smile on.
 
Jessica uncovered her face, unsuccessful with her attempt to hide. She couldn’t refuse Sooyoung’s offer because one, she really needed a table so she can eat her lunch and second, deep inside she really wants to. Her heart was beating fast as she sits across Sooyoung. She greeted her with a bow.
 
“A bow?” Sooyoung giggled. “C’mon, I thought we’re friends now?”
 
“We are?” Jessica asked as she slowly looked up to see Sooyoung eye to eye.
 
Sooyoung chuckled. “Of course we are! I told you all those things about me. Even  my friends don’t know some of them. See? We are actually more than friends.” Sooyoung is grinning.
 
Jessica blushed. Ever since she realized her crush for Sooyoung, she appreciated Sooyoung more now. From her beautiful eyes, to her beautiful hair, to her adorable cheeks and of course, her long legs. She never noticed how beautiful Sooyoung’s smile is until now. 
 
“Why are you being so shy today?” Sooyoung saw Jessica blushed but she has no idea that it’s because of her.
 
“I’m not!” Jessica suddenly blurted out too loud as she intended it to be. 
 
“Wow, fine. If you say so, then you’re not being shy and I did not see you blush a while ago. You don’t need to shout.”
 
Jessica blushed again. She was so embarrassed that Sooyoung saw her blushed earlier. “I did not blush.” That was her weak attempt to regain from her embarrassment.
 
“You’re doing it again.” Sooyoung laughed. “You’re so cute.”
 
Jessica blushed even more. Did she just say I'm cute? Oh my God, why am I so happy right now?
 
 
*
 
 
Tiffany was frustrated because Jessica was not answering her phone. Maybe she has gone out of hand with her teasing, she thought. But it’s her birthday and she’s about to eat lunch alone. 
 
“This is the worst birthday ever.” She mumbled to herself as she waited for the food she ordered.
 
“You’re getting worse. You’re talking to yourself now.” 
 
She turned to find the voice speaking to her. Taeyeon is behind her, waiting in line.
 
“Are you following me, Kim Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked. 
 
Taeyeon showed a disgusted look. “Oh, please. You’re so full of yourself. You’re not the only one who loves eating here.”
 
Tiffany sighed before getting her order and walking away. She sat at one corner. A couple of minutes later, she was joined by Taeyeon. 
 
“Close your mouth. I’m just sitting with you. You’re overreacting again.”
 
“I would like to eat my lunch alone.” Tiffany said.
 
Taeyeon continued eating. Tiffany just stared at her in disbelief. “Kim Taeyeon!”
 
“What?” Taeyeon asked with her innocent face.
 
“Why are you doing this to me? Why are you acting like we are friends?” Tiffany raised her tone.
 
Taeyeon suddenly looked serious. “Tiffany, I am just eating with you. Don’t make a big deal out of this.”
 
Tiffany started eating her food with a big frown on her face. She’s determined to show her annoyance to the other girl.
 
“Where’s Jessica?” Taeyeon asked.
 
“She’s busy. She’s not answering my calls.”
 
“Ohhh…you’re girlfriend  might be cheating on you.” 
 
Tiffany’s eyes widened. “She’s not my girlfriend, Taeyeon. Stop making up stories.”
 
“So you’re really sticking to your ‘I’m straight’ bull, huh?” 
 
Tiffany was about to shout at Taeyeon when the latter stood up. “I’m going now. For the record, I was not trying to piss you off. The birthday girl should not eat her lunch alone.”
 
Then she walked away. Tiffany took a while in processing Taeyeon’s words. 
 
She remembered. Technically, I still spent my birthday with her. She couldn’t help but smile.
 
 
 
**
 
 
“So about the interview…” It’s the first time Jessica brought up a topic. “I was thinking that we could do it over the weekend.”
 
“Oops, my schedule is packed this weekend. I could not even see my own girlfriend, nowadays.” Sooyoung is now trying to think of a solution.
 
“Oh.” Jessica was disappointed. She knew it was just her own excuse to see her again.
 
“What do you think about playing with kids this Saturday?”
 
“Huh?” Jessica doesn’t understand where Sooyoung is getting at.
 
“There’s this community that’s really close to my heart. I visit them when I have time. I kinda promised the kids that I will be back soon. We could finish the interview there.”
 
Jessica gave it a thought for a while. “I’m not really good with kids…but..I guess that would be okay.”
 
“Really?” Sooyoung looked happy. “The kids will love to meet a new unnie.”
 
Jessica smiled back. “So I’ll see you then.”
 
“Ahuh. Where are you staying? I will pick you up.”
 
“Oh no! Don’t bother anymore. Just text me the address of the place.”
 
“No. It would just hassle you. The place is not easy to locate.”
 
Jessica is still hesitating. She’s just nervous at the thought of spending extra time with Sooyoung.
 
“I insist.”
 
“Fine. I’ll text you my dorm address.” Jessica finally gave in. She didn't much convincing though.
 
“Great!” Sooyoung smiled widely.
 
Choi Sooyoung, stop smiling like that. You’re melting me.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
Hi! It's almost been a week since my last update. 
 
Well, I've been really busy and not only that, I got distracted with TaeNy fics. Haha
 
Hope you like this update! :))