Chapter 36

She

 

 

Jessica sighed as she read what she wrote for the first part of her article. She’s still confused if she’s doing the right thing. Suddenly, somebody covered her eyes.

 

“Sooyoung?” She was the first one Jessica thought about but Sica realized that Sooyoung’s hands are much softer than these hands covering her eyes. She pulled the hands away from her eyes and saw a grinning Donghae.

 

“Oh, great. Now, my day just turned bad.” Jessica frowned.

 

“Ouch. You’re rude and I can’t stand how sweet you are when you’re with her. I’m greater than her in all aspects.”

 

Jessica exaggerated a fake laugh. “Looks? Personality? Brains? You don’t even have any of that.”

 

Donghae scoffed at Jessica’s insult. “How was the article coming? I bet Sooyoung would be upset once she reads your discriminating article.”

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. “How did you know about the article?”

 

“Let’s just say it was my idea.”

 

“Your idea?” Jessica got even more confused.

 

“My family’s sponsoring the scholarship. So it’s safe to say that you have the scholarship in the bag from the start.”

 

Jessica didn’t know to feel. She hated the fact that her future lies on the hand of Donghae. “I hate you! If you’re trying to break my relationship with Sooyoung, you’re just going to fail.”

 

“Are you sure she will still want to be with you after you write that article?”

 

Jessica wants to punch the guy on the face right now. “Tiffany’s right. You’re evil.”

 

Donghae laughed. “Say what you gotta say. In the end, the decision’s yours. Write the article so you can get your dream scholarship or do not write the article and regret it all your life.”

 

Jessica stood frozen for seconds. She felt like crying right there but she doesn’t want Donghae to have a laugh.

 

“But since I’m nice and I love you, I can give you a great deal.”

 

Jessica looked up even though she knew that the next words would not be good for her.

 

“Go out with me. Just one date, Jessica.”

 

“Are you crazy?!” Jessica yelled at him.

 

Donghae smiled again. “You offended me so many times today.”

 

“I will never go out on a date with you ever again. I didn’t even know why I dated you back then. I love Sooyoung and only her.”

 

“Just listen to me. Go out on a date with me and I’ll let you write any article you want to get the scholarship.”

 

Jessica glared at Donghae while thinking about the offer seriously.

 

“I’m going now. Let me know about your decision soon.” Donghae reached out to Jessica’s face but the Sica pulled away just in time.

 

“You’ll be mine again, remember that.” Those were Donghae’s last words.

 

 

*

 

“He’s psycho!” Tiffany exclaimed.

 

Jessica told her about the conversation and she can’t the tears while doing it. “Tiff, I don’t know what to do. Help me.”

 

Tiffany patted her crying friend on the back. “Jessi, you have to tell Sooyoung about it.”

 

Jessica shook her head. “I can’t. She’s been stressed about a project and I can’t add this to her stress. I want to be the perfect girlfriend for her.”

 

“But Jessi, there’s no such thing as a perfect girlfriend. I’m not a perfect girlfriend to Taeyeon but we make it work together.”

 

“But Sooyoung’s perfect.”

“You once told me that’s she’s just overrated. She’s not perfect.”

 

“I didn’t know her back then. Now, I can tell you that she’s perfect.” Jessica continued crying.

 

“The more reason for you to tell her. If she’s perfect as you claim her to be, then she’ll understand and she’ll tell you what to do.”

 

“I don’t know. I seriously don’t know what to do.”

 

“Is the scholarship really important to you? Just asking.”

 

Jessica nodded. “Mom and I have dreamed about going to that university ever since I was a kid. I also promised my grandfather before he died that I will get to that school. He graduated from there, you know.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “Now, is Sooyoung important to you?”

 

“Of course! She’s my girlfriend. I love her!”

 

“You have to weigh both sides. What or who is more important to you?”

 

Jessica buried her face behind her hands again. “I don’t know what to do!”

 

 

**

 

Later that night…

“Are you okay? You’ve been quiet all night.” Sooyoung asked her.

 

“I’m okay.” Jessica hoped that Sooyoung wouldn’t notice her puffy eyes.

 

“How was your day?” Sooyoung noticed about Jessica’s swollen eyes but decided to wait for Jessica to tell her when she’s ready.

 

“It was good. I missed you during lunch.”

 

Sooyoung smiled. “I missed you. I was cramming a paper so I didn’t even have time to eat my lunch.”

 

Jessica suddenly looked worried. “You must be hungry now. You should have told me so I could’ve brought you food. Let’s eat dinner now.”

 

Sooyoung smiled. “Are you cooking?”

 

Jessica stopped on her way to the kitchen. “Oh, yeah. I can’t cook.”

 

Sooyoung giggled. “You’re so cute.”

 

Jessica suddenly pulled Sooyoung from her seat. “C’mon. Let’s go out and eat. You should take care of your health, babe.”

 

Sooyoung stayed on her seat and pulled Sica to sit on her lap. “Can we just order pizza?” Sooyoung asked while her chin rests on Jessica’s shoulder.

 

“But you need to eat real food, a proper meal.” Jessica reason out.

“Sica, please~ I’m craving for pizza and I want to stay home with you.” Sooyoung kissed Jessica’s cheek. “We could feed each other and cuddle after.”

 

Jessica smiled at Sooyoung’s suggestion. “Fine. I’ll order pizza.” Jessica stood to dial the phone.

 

Sooyoung just watched her, admiring her beautiful girlfriend. Sica returned to her lap when she finished ordering. “Pizza will be here in 20 minutes.”

 

“Okay. Thank you.” Sooyoung leaned in for a kiss.

 

“You’re welcome.” Jessica said before pulling Sooyoung for another kiss. “In the meantime, you could do your paper or review for your exams while we wait.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head. “I’m finished doing that for the day. I’m here to spend time with my girlfriend.”

 

Jessica smiled. “You missed me that much?”

 

“I can’t spend a day without you.” Sooyoung said while intertwining her hands with Jessica’s.

 

“Cheesy Sooyoung.”

 

“But you like it.” Sooyoung grinned.

 

Jessica giggled. “You know me so well.”

 

“Have I ever told you how lucky I am to be your girlfriend?”

“Many times before.” Jessica answered. She didn’t believe Sooyoung’s words because she knew that she’ll hurt Sooyoung soon. She already hates herself for it.

 

 

 


 

Update!

Wow, 202 subscribers. How did I get 202 people to read my lame writings. Haha. Jk.

Thanks for the continuous support.

Even if I don't have time to answer your comments, I'm reading all of them so please leave your comments.

Or you can always tweet me if you want to ask or tell me anything.

@OnlySooyoungie or @Aly_yanna :))